Morrissey Central "KICK ‘EM WHEN THEY FALL DOWN" (February 17, 2024)

I didn't join the conversation, I was rating this particular post of his, because he is right with this point.
You joined the conversation by replying to my comment. You made that choice. I don’t think he is right. Are you trying to silence me? Am I not allowed to have a different opinion on here? Lol.
Nah, I'm not wrong and you know that. It's part of your toxic behaviour to always try to sprinkle in the "stop critisizing him" part and then talking your way out of it. You know that you're doing that. You want a reaction, you got it, now go about your day.

Nope. All of what you say above is completely wrong, and we all know that.

Last edited:
Yes, I guess we will simply never see eye to eye on this issue. I was speaking in general and not targeting any specific posters. All I’m going to say, and this where you and others disagree with me, but first of all, I see it as pointless to repeatedly criticize a person that will not benefit or change because of these repeated criticisms. And second, is showing empathy, realizing that this is another human being and no one is perfect, also not knowing the whole picture or what they’re exactly going through, and remembering what he once meant to you through his art, regardless of the way you may feel about him presently.
Is it just as pointless to praise him, since there is no guarantee that the praise will make him continue doing the stuff we praise him for/stay the same? Should we all stop posting altogether?
I don’t see it as “unempathetic” to post criticism when criticism is warranted. Like I said, uncalled for toxicity is a different matter.

I don’t see it as “unempathetic” to post criticism when criticism is warranted. Like I said, uncalled for toxicity is a different matter.

No, I don’t feel it’s warranted if it goes nowhere or does no good.

Is it just as pointless to praise him, since there is no guarantee that the praise will make him continue doing the stuff we praise him for/stay the same? Should we all stop posting altogether?

No. I believe the praise is in reflection
to what he and his songs mean to us, and praising him is a way of bonding with those that deeply feel the same way. Morrissey never has to see these comments, because that’s simply not the point.

Sorry, you and some others here don’t see this, may not understand this.

No, I don’t feel it’s warranted if it goes nowhere or does no good.

No. I believe the praise is in reflection
to what he and his songs mean to us, and praising him is a way of bonding with those that deeply feel the same way. Morrissey never has to see these comments, because that’s simply not the point.

Sorry, you and some others here don’t see this, may not understand this.
Exactly, it’s not the point. We’re not trying to change him or reach him. I think most of us just like to cut up and discuss one of our favorite artists. The point is not to change him.

The criticism is also in reflection to what he means to us. The only reason he is able to frustrate us is because we love the bastard. He makes us feel a million different things. And it’s great to have likeminded freaks to discuss with. And it’s great to have a place to do it and a place where you can come and just vent all your Moz related thoughts (good and bad) and frustration.

I’m not sorry. Your way is not necessarily the right way.

I find it ironic beyond words when Ketamine/Zoom asks to know when to keep silent and be empathic towards Morrissey. A little bit like his tasteless comment on the Utoya shootings onstage perhaps?

Exactly, it’s not the point. We’re not trying to change him or reach him. I think most of us just like to cut up and discuss one of our favorite artists. The point is not to change him.

The criticism is also in reflection to what he means to us. The only reason he is able to frustrate us is because we love the bastard. He makes us feel a million different things. And it’s great to have likeminded freaks to discuss with. And it’s great to have a place to do it and a place where you can come and just vent all your Moz related thoughts (good and bad) and frustration.

I’m not sorry. Your way is not necessarily the right way.

Sorry. I just don’t see any comparison between people praising him and bonding with each other through that praise, and people being negative through their repeated criticisms of him, because what good does it serve? And ‘venting’ is not an answer.

Sorry. I just don’t see any comparison between people praising him and bonding with each other through that praise, and people being negative through their repeated criticisms of him, because what good does it serve? And ‘venting’ is not an answer.
‘Venting’ is an answer. But like I said before, we come here to discuss Morrissey. The stuff we love and the stuff we don’t love. It doesn’t serve any higher purpose or ‘good’ nor is it meant to change Morrissey. We do it because we want to and because we want a nuanced discussion.

Venting’ is an answer. But like I said before, we come here to discuss Morrissey. The stuff we love and the stuff we don’t love. It doesn’t serve any higher purpose or ‘good’ nor is it meant to change Morrissey. We do it because we want to and because we want a nuanced discussion.

Well, I guess we come here for different reasons then.

I mean, I would also vent, if it served a positive purpose. And I don’t see one.

Well, I guess we come here for different reasons then.

I mean, I would also vent, if it served a positive purpose. And I don’t see one.
Did you read my entire post? “But like I said before, we come here to discuss Morrissey. The stuff we love and the stuff we don’t love. It doesn’t serve any higher purpose or ‘good’ nor is it meant to change Morrissey. We do it because we want to and because we want a nuanced discussion.”

Did you read my entire post? “But like I said before, we come here to discuss Morrissey. The stuff we love and the stuff we don’t love. It doesn’t serve any higher purpose or ‘good’ nor is it meant to change Morrissey. We do it because we want to and because we want a nuanced discussion.”

I guess you haven’t been reading my entire posts, because I was never debating that.

So I repeat ….

I would also vent, if it served a positive purpose. And I don’t see one.

I was never debating that.

So I repeat ….

I think you get hung up on the word ‘venting’. We seem to be in agreement regarding discussing the good and the bad.

I find it ironic beyond words when Ketamine/Zoom asks to know when to keep silent and be empathic towards Morrissey. A little bit like his tasteless comment on the Utoya shootings onstage perhaps?

I believe it would have been best if he chosen silence. But he had his own agenda and reasons for doing so. If what he did was wrong or right, is not what we’re discussing here.

So I repeat ….

From a psychological point of view, Zoom, venting or verbalising is seen as highly beneficial. It is the essence of the various 'talking therapies'. I am not saying that we come here for therapy - but it's hard to be a Morrissey fan without having some frustrations. And it is generally a good thing to express those.

I was angry with my friend;
I told my wrath, my wrath did end.
I was angry with my foe:
I told it not, my wrath did grow.

I think you get hung up on the word ‘venting’. We seem to be in agreement regarding discussing the good and the bad.

But you called it venting, and it was the reason you gave when I asked why do people
repeatedly criticize M when it serves no positive purpose.

So my question remains .. what positive purpose does this venting serve?

60 on saturday and still funny as f,,,.you see the difference is i dont tell people who dont like him that they are wrong but people who dont like him cant wait to tell me that i am wrong for liking him.
Happy Birthday, Gordy. Hope you have a fantastic day.

From a psychological point of view, Zoom, venting or verbalising is seen as highly beneficial. It is the essence of the various 'talking therapies'. I am not saying that we come here for therapy - but it's hard to be a Morrissey fan without having some frustrations. And it is generally a good thing to express those.

I was angry with my friend;
I told my wrath, my wrath did end.
I was angry with my foe:
I told it not, my wrath did grow.

I understand that. But when does the therapy end?

I think it ends when some folks realize that Morrissey is far from perfect, and will not change or remain the same for them.

Only you can set yourself free. It has nothing to do with Morrissey.

But you called it venting, and it was the reason you gave when I asked why do people

What purpose did Morrissey's venting about Morrissey Solo serve?

I understand that. But when does the therapy end?

I think it ends when some folks realize that Morrissey is far from perfect, and will not change or remain the same for them.

Only you can set yourself free. It has nothing to do with Morrissey.
Yes, I agree. In life it is much easier to be negative than positive. It is much easier to destroy and tear down than to create and build up.
We hate it when anyone becomes successful. And we celebrate when someone falls flat on their face.

Yes, venting was one of the reasons. We had been discussing for a good while before that word was uttered. We come here to discuss Morrissey. The stuff we love and the stuff we don’t love. It doesn’t serve any higher purpose or ‘good’ nor is it meant to change Morrissey. We do it because we want to and because we want a nuanced discussion.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom