Liverpool - Empire Theatre (July 18, 2023) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

How Soon Is Now? / Suedehead / Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before / I Wish You Lonely / Frankly, Mr. Shankly / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Girlfriend In A Coma / Our Frank / Knockabout World / Sure Enough, The Telephone Rings / Half A Person / My Hurling Days Are Done / Bonfire Of Teenagers / Everyday Is Like Sunday / The Loop / Please, Please, Please, Let Me Get What I Want / Speedway // Irish Blood, English Heart

Setlist courtesy of whichway2 via setlist.fm

Last edited by a moderator:
Morrissey: Liverpool Empire – Live Review

Life-long Smiths and Mozphile Del Pike finds himself transported 32 years into the future to the Liverpool Empire to witness a very different Morrissey and a less hirsute audience to that of his youth.

Small gallery.
FWD.

Could any attendees confirm if the tracks 1 - 12 were audio only or if they can recall any played as videos?

Appreciated,
FWD.

That’s a very nice review whilst still mentioning being uncomfortable with his political outspokenness.
It can be done.

That’s a very nice review whilst still mentioning being uncomfortable with his political outspokenness.
It can be done.
I thought the beginning was just annoying bs. So you idol has opinions that differs from yours. Get over it 🙄

I'm in and seated
Which show are you in...last night's? Time travel...amazing.
This is brilliant, 20No10s maybe updating the wrong thread, but great to hear a live feed from a show. (The inadvertent bag swap was a close call - could have been a disaster).
Years ago I went up to see Peter Gabriel at Earls Court, just to find my ticket was for the previous night's show. I bought another but this time it was waaaaaay at the back. Still don't know how I managed it.
Here's a great full show of the 19th including a long extended leaving-the-venue pocket recording. That post-show buzz, it's all there.

I apologise. I was posting oblivious to the nights in question. I was there on Tuesday night with my brother. I was in the 3rd row and only remember looking at Morrissey and singing and cheering. On the Wednesday I sat in Row D and took everything in. Please excuse my cognitive difficulties. Lucky you got to see Peter Gabriel. You might have turned up and he had left the country.
I turned up to a Tutankhamen exhibition in Manchester a day early a good few years back.

A very subtle cough from Morrissey..are you ready before please etc. Cracking footage on YouTube of last nights gig. Don't know due to tecno ignorance how to share..link. whatever
You upload to YouTube with the publicly viewable setting and then copy and paste the link from the share button on the video, to here.

Tuesday night was my day in the Sun. From 91 Liverpool Empire standing at the back. Young and naive.To sitting at the back in large venues. I so wanted to experience Morrissey up close. And if it never happens again...although I hope and pray it does, I did get what I wanted. I just might die with a smile on my face after all. Love and Peace.

This is brilliant, 20No10s maybe updating the wrong thread, but great to hear a live feed from a show. (The inadvertent bag swap was a close call - could have been a disaster).
Years ago I went up to see Peter Gabriel at Earls Court, just to find my ticket was for the previous night's show. I bought another but this time it was waaaaaay at the back. Still don't know how I managed it.
Here's a great full show of the 19th including a long extended leaving-the-venue pocket recording. That post-show buzz, it's all there.

This is the one I watched. I do love the recording of the exit. Very atmospheric.

Thoroughly enjoyed seeing Morrissey play live after many years. Looking forward to the next one. But, until then, I have dug out my old records and record player and I am taking a trip down Maudlin Street... Actually, it's quite emotional listening to them again. Ahh, good times!
20230727_124957.jpg
20230727_125059.jpg

Back
Top Bottom