Low In High School drops from number 5 to 46 in mid week chart

'Taylor is a genuine STAR. So is Adele'

guess that depends on what your definition of a 'star' is. So, some may disagree with you.

why is that redundant? you can't believe that everyone would agree with you that those two people are ' genuine STAR' s ?

another redundant BB? I'm just saying that it's fine if your definition of a 'star' is the same as a 12 year olds. If that be the case.

another redundant? this shits getting silly.:lbf: Really, no one here minds if you have the same likes as a 10 year old, there's nothing wrong with that.:paranoid: Though it does make us question your judgment in regards to want you think a 'star' is. That's all I'm saying.

another redundant BB? I'm just saying that it's fine if your definition of a 'star' is the same as a 12 year olds. If that be the case.

I think you'll find both Adele & Taylor have an audience across all age ranges. Please refrain from your ridiculous nonsense. Morrissey was a besotted 12 year old fan of T-Rex and David Bowie.

Now, let's get back to enjoying the collapse of sales/chart status of LIHS in the UK this week. I'm having such a lovely evening knowing Maurice E Maher, Ugly Devil, Orson Swells and the rest of your possee are beside themselves with anger and despair. LIHS is now a FLOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's been a great, fun campaign and I'm delighted to accept the victory. Until the next time, if there is a next time for that miserable shit-bag Morrissey.

If I vanish, it's cuz I'm bored. Morrissey is now sinking slowly into the abyss. It's not even fun to watch him humiliate himself anymore. Kudos to Der Speigel for finally exposing him in a way that means no sensitive person now wants anything to do with his silly music and words.

BB
(ps: if i don't reply, it might mean i'm gone for good. this place isn't even fun anymore, it's just now an accepted truth that Morrissey is a charlatan Crank-Fraud, the biggest Troll in music finally gets his come-uppance!)

f*** Morrissey

I think you'll find both Adele & Taylor have an audience across all age ranges. Morrissey was a besotted 12 year old fan of T-Rex and David Bowie.

Morrissey was a very wise child. Are you really REALLY comparing those two slags with BOWIE and BOLAN !?

:laughing:doh:

I think you'll find both Adele & Taylor have an audience across all age ranges. Please refrain from your ridiculous nonsense. Morrissey was a besotted 12 year old fan of T-Rex and David Bowie.

Now, let's get back to enjoying the collapse of sales/chart status of LIHS in the UK this week. I'm having such a lovely evening knowing Maurice E Maher, Ugly Devil, Orson Swells and the rest of your possee are beside themselves with anger and despair. LIHS is now a FLOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's been a great, fun campaign and I'm delighted to accept the victory. Until the next time, if there is a next time for that miserable shit-bag Morrissey.

If I vanish, it's cuz I'm bored. Morrissey is now sinking slowly into the abyss. It's not even fun to watch him humiliate himself anymore. Kudos to Der Speigel for finally exposing him in a way that means no sensitive person now wants anything to do with his silly music and words.

BB
(ps: if i don't reply, it might mean i'm gone for good. this place isn't even fun anymore, it's just now an accepted truth that Morrissey is a charlatan Crank-Fraud, the biggest Troll in music finally gets his come-uppance!)

f*** Morrissey

Apparently it has sold 67k world wide in week 1. It may be seen as a flop from a UK perspective but from a record company perspective I'm not so sure. If its an accurate rule of thumb that first week sales make up 25% of total sales over a 12 month period then its heading for 250k sales, which will probably be enough to give him another release. We also don't know if the recording of the album was self funded (I'm led to believe New Order's Music Complete was) and his deal is promotion and distribution only, with a % split of the earnings, if thats the case he will almost certainly get another opportunity, however if he does, he needs an album with real depth rather than a couple of good tracks, a couple of ok tracks and the rest being fillers.

Apparently it has sold 67k world wide in week 1. It may be seen as a flop from a UK perspective but from a record company perspective I'm not so sure. If its an accurate rule of thumb that first week sales make up 25% of total sales over a 12 month period then its heading for 250k sales, which will probably be enough to give him another release. We also don't know if the recording of the album was self funded (I'm led to believe New Order's Music Complete was) and his deal is promotion and distribution only, with a % split of the earnings, if thats the case he will almost certainly get another opportunity, however if he does, he needs an album with real depth rather than a couple of good tracks, a couple of ok tracks and the rest being fillers.

Your assumption is that Morrissey is a sane, rational agent in his 'career' rather than a delusional person who thinks he's a 'star' and that there is some grand conspiracy to rob him of 'global, religious fame'. 250k x £10 = £2.5 million. After expenses & taxes it's a living wage but.....I don't think Morrissey will be very happy to realise he is just another cog in the entertainment machine. The post-factum analysis won't just be on this album's sales but future income streams form a possible Smith's reunion. There will be very grave concerns now that Morrissey is so unhinged in his public outbursts that he will kill that potential cash-cow dead before he is forced to face the failure of his 'solo' career in so far as it relates to any meaningful attempt at global fame or sales. He's stricktly C list, always was but in his mind he imagines he's A list....Morrissey isn't a businessman, he's a person who would be shunned in 'normal' life without his protective bubble of money and enablers.

My preference is to see Morrissey doomed to a half-life purgatory of trundling around the world 'doing OK' but always hissing, seething and raging at the fact he could/should have been a 'contender'. There are people who've made more money on Bitcoin this week without even getting out of bed....LOL!

best
BB

Last edited:
You're assumption is that Morrissey is a sane, rational agent in his 'career' rather than a delusional person who thinks he's a 'star' and

depends on your definition of what you think a 'star' is. He is a 'star' unlike (not so) Swift and Adel. Just saying.

depends on your definition of what you think a 'star' is.
A fiery ball of incandescent gas doomed to grow too full of itself and much too bright, before ultimately exploding and then collapsing in on itself, leaving a massive black hole of suck behind.

Or another definition would just be those twinkly things in the sky at night.

You're assumption is that Morrissey is a sane, rational agent in his 'career' rather than a delusional person who thinks he's a 'star' and that there is some grand conspiracy to rob him of 'global, religious fame'. 250k x £10 = £2.5 million. After expenses & taxes it's a living wage but.....I don't think Morrissey will be very happy to realise he is just another cog in the entertainment machine. The post-factum analysis won't just be on this album's sales but future income streams form a possible Smith's reunion. There will be very grave concerns now that Morrissey is so unhinged in his public outbursts that he will kill that potential cash-cow dead before he is forced to face the failure of his 'solo' career in so far as it relates to any meaningful attempt at global fame or sales. He's stricktly C list, always was but in his mind he imagines he's A list....Morrissey isn't a businessman, he's a person who would be shunned in 'normal' life without his protective bubble of money and enablers.

My preference is to see Morrissey doomed to a half-life purgatory of trundling around the world 'doing OK' but always hissing, seething and raging at the fact he could/should have been a 'contender'. There are people who've made more money on Bitcoin this week without even getting out of bed....LOL!

best
BB

Agree, there is no conspiracy at all, he simply isn't as good or as well liked as he used to be, but he has no one else to blame but himself. If he became more humble he may find himself being able to write and record an album that reconnects himself with the fans that once adored his output. I'm not sure a Smiths reunion is a good idea. I was lucky enough to see them when they were on the 'up'. They were very different at the time and once Gannon joined they were great live as well due to the hunger that new bands have. Not sure I could stomach watching a reunion gig with a group of millionaires (not Andy of course) going through the motions simply to make them feel they are relevant again and to add another couple of million to their accounts!

A fiery ball of incandescent gas doomed to grow too full of itself and much too bright, before ultimately exploding and then collapsing in on itself, leaving a massive black hole of suck behind.

Or another definition would just be those twinkly things in the sky at night.

:thumb:

well, the 'suck behind' part may very well apply to the likes of (not so)Swift and Adele.

but Morrissey as we all know is the ONLY guiding star for Brummie.

cult of Swift and Adel ? nope that's your bag.

Both women have , in different ways, utterly debunked the very notion of 'fame' and have done so with style, humour and panache: qualities which Morrissey is currently bereft of. Both intuitively realise that the very notion of the 'remote star' is completely redundant in an age of crowd-sourced Papparazi Social Media. Taylor's Tumblr 'Taylurking' is the very epitome of peformer-audience interaction. Compare that to the mad rants on TTY!

Or perhaps don't bother. I don't think you have the brain power of Taylor or Adele.

:thumb:

well, the 'suck behind' part may very well apply to the likes of (not so)Swift and Adele.

but Morrissey as we all know is the ONLY guiding star for Brummie.
I wouldn't put it past Moz to have sucked a behind in his time, but I really don't put much thought or worry into what he does in the bedroom. ;)

My though about "Stars" is that they used to have something of a shelf life in most cases, and disappeared at some point to go back to real lives, or at least hide out for 5-10 years so that their appearances were more of an event. There's too much exposure and pressure for frequency on artists any more.
I wonder when fans started being so greedy. I blame the VCR. It was the start of the "But I demand, ON demand!" decline of our culture.
In 2018 I hope Morrissey just finds the time to putter around the house. And that he finds a house.

This would make a very apt epitaph for 'Morrissey' and his absurd attempt to re-invent himself from Steven: FAIL! It should be enshrined on his gravestone.

Morrissey's 'REPUTATION' is in ruins but in his case it's his own fault not the mendacious lies of Kim and Kanye. Taylor fought back and Kanye is on anti-psychotics. Go figure! Don't f*** with Taylor Swift....

Let's just kick back and wait for Morrissey to 'rise from the dead' after this Der Spiegel debacle. I mean, if Taylor can smite her enemies, surely Morrissey can?........LOL!

Back
Top Bottom