Making Banning Public

that is a very, very obviously not true.
-let me guess, and you are asserting this because those that differ with 'viva hate'
(some of whom, by the way, have what could be considered evidence for our statements)
say it is true
are you "[...] inciting arguments with another user on the site", robby?

this, apparently, "[...] can be considered harassment" (except that - in your case - it, inexplicably, never seems to be).

specifically, in answer to your post, though, no, i'm not on drugs. drugs mess up people's lives, robby.
i was only half joking dude
see i was temporarily seized with wondering what was the reason
you would decide to make declarations of viva hate's innocence :confused:
especially given that many of us know that he is not only not innocent
many do not know the half of it :eek:
so
with that in mind, i came to 3 likely conclusions regarding your
very poorly played attempt @ being a defense attorney;
1. you are another mysorobist & as such have traded your free will for instead just being against whatever i am for
2. viva hate bribed or promised you in some way
3. like i said before
crack-pipe6557.jpg
:o

-let me guess, and you are asserting this because those that differ with 'viva hate'
(some of whom, by the way, have what could be considered evidence for our statements)
say it is true

i was only half joking dude
see i was temporarily seized with wondering what was the reason
you would decide to make declarations of viva hate's innocence :confused:
especially given that many of us know that he is not only not innocent
many do not know the half of it :eek:
so
with that in mind, i came to 3 likely conclusions regarding your
very poorly played attempt @ being a defense attorney;
1. you are another mysorobist & as such have traded your free will for instead just being against whatever i am for
2. viva hate bribed or promised you in some way
3. like i said before
crack-pipe6557.jpg
:o

honestly, i can't be arsed to have an entirely pointless discussion with you about the trivia of an internet forum. some people just take it - like their pop idols - a wee bit too seriously.

for the purpose of clarity, though, i'll simply point out that i didn't "[...] decide to make declarations of viva hate's innocence [...]" in any of my posts in this thread, or elsewhere. read them again - perhaps when your drug-addled brain is clearer - and you'll see that i was implying others' guilt - of the kind of T.O.S. breaches - for which 'viva hate' was banned and highlighting that they have not been banned.

b.t.w. is "mysorobist" your Word Of The Week?

Last edited:
honestly, i can't be arsed to have an entirely pointless discussion with you about the trivia of an internet forum. some people just take it - like their pop idols - a wee bit too seriously.

for the purpose of clarity, though, i'll simply point out that i didn't "[...] decide to make declarations of viva hate's innocence [...]" in any of my posts in this thread, or elsewhere. read them again - perhaps when your drug-addled brain is clearer - and you'll see that i was implying others' guilt - of the kind of T.O.S. breaches - for which 'viva hate' was banned and highlighting that they have not been banned.

b.t.w. is "mysorobist" your Word Of The Week?

honestly, i choose not to answer the questions of some one like you that is clearly addicted to attempting to insult me
&
who has an unhealthy fascination with a fantasy about my drug use that is almost solely based on him(that's you HIM) & hardly me @ all

honestly, i choose not to answer the questions of some one like you that is clearly addicted to attempting to insult me
&
who has an unhealthy fascination with a fantasy about my drug use that is almost solely based on him(that's you HIM) & hardly me @ all

i find you addictive robby. you're lovely.

there are many more details regarding harassment which users and many times moderators don't see. It would take a while to do the work that is being asked. I choose not to do this but you are free to ask on this board. My time is limited as this is not my full time job and I prefer to spend this limited time updating the site, making sure the code is working and the servers are up.

the specific reason for your banning the user 'viva hate' was that he had incited arguments with another user of the site and that he could be banned since this incitement "[...] can be considered harassment [...]".

http://forums.morrissey-solo.com/showpost.php?p=510686&postcount=24

no other reason was given. others have done the same thing, serially, and not been banned.

If you don't like the policies as a user of the site, you could ask for your money back, if you gave any and I would gladly refund it. Otherwise, you can use the other Morrissey / Smiths related forums sites out there, or as others have done, create your own.

i'm perfectly happy with "the policies [...] of the site"; it is their arbitrary implementation that people "don't like". suggesting that people simply go elsewhere if they don't agree with how you implement your policies is scarcely an answer to the question of why you show preferential treatment to some members.

i can appreciate that running this site isn't easy and i'm sure it takes a lot of effort, time and patience. for that, you deserve a lot of credit. personally, i'm not asking for you to do much more than you already do, though (i.e. explain why people have been banned, when that occurs and, hopefully, implement your own rules even-handedly).

(in truth, though, i don't really give a toss about any of it)

no other reason was given. others have done the same thing, serially, and not been banned.

...it is their arbitrary implementation that people "don't like".

...scarcely an answer to the question of why you show preferential treatment to some members.

I think there are some incorrect assumptions in your statement. Other people have in fact been banned for harassment. This is not an "arbitrary" procedure and not "preferential", the moderators and I look at reports from the forum, and other reports that users PM or email to us. We look for violations of the TOS and take appropriate action.

Otherwise thanks for recognizing the efforts that go into the site. It is impossible to make everyone happy.

You mean like

"americans cant do comedy"

"bill hicks=american=crap sense of humour=unfunny"

"americans have not even heard of the smiths"

"americans do not have a clue about music"

"just another artist americans go on about to try and seem important"

"american music is terrible and hasnt influenced anything"

"its impossible to miss any american with the size of them"

"americans know nothing about music"

Swap the american references to 'black' and you'd be f***ing outraged mike.

And what racist remarks have I used, out of interest?

You mean like

"americans cant do comedy"

"bill hicks=american=crap sense of humour=unfunny"

"americans have not even heard of the smiths"

"americans do not have a clue about music"

"just another artist americans go on about to try and seem important"

"american music is terrible and hasnt influenced anything"

"its impossible to miss any american with the size of them"

"americans know nothing about music"

Swap the american references to 'black' and you'd be f***ing outraged mike.

And what racist remarks have I used, out of interest?

That was funny... I think he means your old southpark sig, which was the funniest thing I had seen in an age. However I am one of the people who think it says more about the person who thinks its going to be racist then realises its not.
however I might be totally wrong and if so, excuse me I'm leaving.

Karin :)

WDDIM, you have to report when you find someone's comment which may be breaching TOS to the moderators.
Moderators cannot take action without reading the post whether it violates TOS or not.

If you click the red triangle on the bottom left of each post which is the link to the reported post.

Moderators normally do not take action against personal slagging matches.
You may find some comments are unacceptable, but as David already explained earlier you can use ignore options for some members you find their comments disagree with.

Last edited:
Kewpie, do posts have to be reported before the mods can do anything, or can a mod decide something is violating the TOS even if it hasn't been reported if they come across them while generally reading and posting on the forums?

Kewpie, do posts have to be reported before the mods can do anything, or can a mod decide something is violating the TOS even if it hasn't been reported if they come across them while generally reading and posting on the forums?

It depends on the number of the posts.
Moderators make effort to read the posts as many as they can, but not all the moderators are online everyday.

When a moderator spotted a post which violated TOS he/she reports it to the moderators' forum and discuss which action should be taken.

Back
Top Bottom