Marianne Faithfull

faithfull

Hi folks! Here Mr. biggest Marianne Faithfull on planet earth typing ;-)

Just would like to remember that the new record "easy come, easy go" will be out tomorrow November 14. BUT not in the UK yet - only in 2009. I think it's as Marianne lives in Paris and has her label - naïve - there, who would like to promote this record in France and central Europe first (though it's been recorded in New York in December 2007).

BUT I guess from tomorrow you can listen to it and order it everywhere - MOST OF YOU are likely to be interested of Marianne's version of "Dear God pease help me":

Here's her breathtaking cover of Morrissey's Dear God Please Help Me from the up and coming album. It's only coming out as an import, it's going to be pricey- but if Before the Poison and Kissin' Time is any indication, Easy Come, Easy Go is going to be so worth it.

http://mog.com/myeverpresentpast/blog/232760

Here another one, with Sean Lennon:

www.dailymotion.com/naiverecords/video/x7bmi3_marianne-faithfull-salvation_creation

so long, yours FAITHFULLy

Roland

Thanks so much, Roland! Her cover is magnificent!

And when you say it's available as an import, where exactly do you mean? An import in the UK? the US?

EDIT: The Sean Lennon collaboration ain't so hot. :(

FYI for Americans who want to order French CDs--you can get them at Amazon.com.fr, but a couple of times I've found that it's cheaper to get them on Amazon.com as imports. I just ordered one a week or two ago that was $29.99 as an import, but it would have cost almost $40 to order it from the French site, after shipping was factored in.

Last edited:
Well, I just added the link. I am not the person from the link, just found this online. You might order it even from abroad, average price, here: www.soundmedia.ch or www.exlibris.ch or www.cede.ch - these are the most "famous" record/DVDs/... sites you can order CDs in Switzerland. Besides, tomorrow (on the release day even!) Marianne performing in Basel, my city! Pretty excited me, BUT she won't sing, only read the sonnets of Shakespeare. Gosh!

Well, I just added the link. I am not the person from the link, just found this online. You might order it even from abroad, average price, here: www.soundmedia.ch or www.exlibris.ch or www.cede.ch - these are the most "famous" record/DVDs/... sites you can order CDs in Switzerland. Besides, tomorrow (on the release day even!) Marianne performing in Basel, my city! Pretty excited me, BUT she won't sing, only read the sonnets of Shakespeare. Gosh!

Thank you very much.

Actually most of regular users already listened Marianne's cover version of "Dear God, Please Help Me" when Morrissey appeared in BBC Radio 2 Janice Long show 21st October.

Many thanks to claudia2006 who posted download link of the interview on downloads/bootlegs forum immediately after the broadcast of the show. :)

probably already posted but apparently m faithfull is just about to release an lp of covers "easy come,easy go" on itunes with version of Dear God, please help me...

Heard a track on the radio the other day and frankly to me it was Marianne Awful. Total off-key torture. Even worse than Nance. Don't see the point in old people singing.
"it's muhuhuch too dahahhangerous"... : too right.:p

Hi folks! Here Mr. biggest Marianne Faithfull on planet earth typing ;-)

Just would like to remember that the new record "easy come, easy go" will be out tomorrow November 14. BUT not in the UK yet - only in 2009. I think it's as Marianne lives in Paris and has her label - naïve - there, who would like to promote this record in France and central Europe first (though it's been recorded in New York in December 2007).

BUT I guess from tomorrow you can listen to it and order it everywhere - MOST OF YOU are likely to be interested of Marianne's version of "Dear God pease help me":

Here's her breathtaking cover of Morrissey's Dear God Please Help Me from the up and coming album. It's only coming out as an import, it's going to be pricey- but if Before the Poison and Kissin' Time is any indication, Easy Come, Easy Go is going to be so worth it.

http://mog.com/myeverpresentpast/blog/232760

Here another one, with Sean Lennon:

www.dailymotion.com/naiverecords/video/x7bmi3_marianne-faithfull-salvation_creation

so long, yours FAITHFULLy

Roland

Thanks Roland, I just listened :)

I don't know much of her work but I do like this....

[youtube]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/jdYVtJhhLVo&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/jdYVtJhhLVo&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

:)

Heard a track on the radio the other day and frankly to me it was Marianne Awful. Total off-key torture. Even worse than Nance. Don't see the point in old people singing.
"it's muhuhuch too dahahhangerous"... : too right.:p

You can't be serious...

Easy Come Easy Go, with "Dear God Please Help Me", is now available in the US & UK. Morrissey obviously approves of her cover, since he's including it in the pre-show music on this tour. It's gorgeous.

iTunes US

The vinyl version has several additional songs, IIRC.

Marianne Faithfull covering Morrissey

Has anyone heard this? On the new Marianne Faithfull album she covers Morrissey's "Dear God Please Help Me." It was just released today:

http://www.amazon.com/Easy-Come-Go-...bs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1237324662&sr=8-1

I actually really like her version. If you don't know who Marianne Faithfull is, look her up on Wikipedia. She's led a pretty extraordinary life...having a first UK Top 10 hit at age 17, dating Mick Jagger for a good part of the 60s, overcoming breast cancer...

The new album "Easy Come, Easy Go" is a bunch of other cover songs by artists such as Neko Case, The Decemberists and Billie Holiday. There are also some impressive guest appearances such as Nick Cave, Chan Marshall (Cat Power), and Keith Richards.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Sorry, this is somewhat unrelated to Morrissey, but did anyone see Marianne Faithfull in Irina Palm? It was a good film, but I was slightly embarrassed to have watched it with my mother because the action centers on handjobs. :thumb:

I was surprised that the character was supposed to be a 50 year old. I thought Irina Palm looked closer to 70! My mum is 77 and looks younger than Faithfull's character. I guess ciggies and hard living will ravage voice, face, and body.

I love Marianne Faithfull and I think her new album is gorgeous. I've got tickets to see her in London at the Royal Festival Hall this July. I've seen her before and found her to be a very special live performer. She's intelligent and considers the songs before singing them unlike a lot of terrible singers of today.

Sorry, this is somewhat unrelated to Morrissey, but did anyone see Marianne Faithfull in Irina Palm? It was a good film, but I was slightly embarrassed to have watched it with my mother because the action centers on handjobs. :thumb:

I was surprised that the character was supposed to be a 50 year old. I thought Irina Palm looked closer to 70! My mum is 77 and looks younger than Faithfull's character. I guess ciggies and hard living will ravage voice, face, and body.

I've seen the movie and, yes, Ms. Faithfull looks rather knackered but I think it was intended so - she was supposed to a dowdy old grandmother. In actuality, despite being 63, she still looks rather sophisticated in recent pictures. But, hey...what the hell do I know?

I heard Easy Come, Easy Go a little while back. Love it. She sounds so... experienced in life. And the arrangements on the songs great. I'm somewhat embarrassed to say it's the first MF record I've heard though; any recommendations?

MF has had a long recording career from being a sixteen year old niave young thing to todays experienced voalist. I'm not a fan of her early youthful recordings which she had little input in as she was under the control of management and record companies but her latter work from the ground breaking Broken English album on is worth investigating. Also in recent years she's been on a bit of a career high in terms of recording a few excellent albums and collaborating with some of the finest of contemporary artists such as; Beck, Nick Cave, Rufus Wainwright, PJ Harvey, Damon Albarn, Billy Corgan and Jarvis Cocker.

I'd recommend:

Broken English (1979)
20th Century Blues (1996)
Vagabond Ways (1999)
Kissin' Time (2002)
Before The Poison (2004)

There is also an excellent 2CD collection of her work between 1979 - 1995;

Perfect Stranger (1998)

If you are in the UK, as I am, MF is performing at the Royal Festival Hall in July. Tickets are selling swiftly so if you want to go I'd encourage you to get tickets soon.

Marianne Faithfull on Moz concert in Paris?

Hi there!

New to this forum!

I will go to the Paris gig on June 2nd and wonder if maybe Marianne Faithfull will be in the audience as she lives in Paris since 2004...and I guess they are friends (or kind of).

Does anybody know about?

Last edited:
Re: Marianne Faithfull on Moz concert in Paris?

It'd be nice if Marianne turns up to see Morrissey in Paris, but I doubt it.

Why not? I saw her during a PJ Harvey's show in 2004 at the Zenith of Paris, singing songs that PJH wrote for her for her album called 'before the poison'.

Tags
faithfull marianne
Back
Top Bottom