Marr on new PSB album

Johnny Marr has played guitars on a few PSB songs who used to be my top favourite band , Moz/The Smiths came and everything changed. Still I like them a lot
Cheers Moz

Sorry Moz, but this is the album I'm most excited about this year.

Also, with regards to Marr hasn't he worked on a few PSB albums before? I'm sure they did an accoustic-ey album a few years ago ('Home and Dry' was on it, I think?) and he played guitar on a lot of those tracks.

Correct. The album was called 'Release.' He played on about half of the tracks, including a spiffy part on 'The Night I Fell In Love,' which was a spoof at Eminem's expense. I saw them on the accompanying tour and the guitarist they had looked so similar to Johnny that I spent the first 1/3 of the show squinting to determine if it truly WAS Johnny.

Was the last PSB album any good? I don't remember reading a thing about it.

Cheers,
Jamie

He played on Behaviour way back in 90/91.

Yes, Fundamental is one of their best records.

edit: f***! I hate that they are using co-writers. (Sorry, iamnichola, it's nothing against girls aloud)

Last edited by a moderator:
I think he played on Release as well, no?

I can't believe Pet Shop Boys are still so freakin' awesome.

Johnny Marr on to be released Pet Shop Boys release

Pet Shop Boys will release their new album "Yes" at the end of March 2009. The album will be preceded with a single entitled "Love, Etc". Pet Shop Boys completed "Yes" late 2008. Recorded with Xenomania (Brian Higgins), the album also holds 3 tracks that were co-written by Higgins ("Love etc.", "More than a dream" and "The way it used to be"). The album also holds a Tchaikovsky inspired track, "All over the world". Ex-Smiths Johnny Marr - currently a member of The Cribs - plays guitar on several songs on the album.

from: http://www.side-line.com/news_comments.php?id=38933_0_2_0_C

I think he played on Release as well, no?

I can't believe Pet Shop Boys are still so freakin' awesome.
i dont have that album but have heard it multiple times 2002..worked at a record store at the time (which followed my apprenticeship there ).

..on which songs he had played guitar?

Last edited:
Johnny Marr has played guitars on a few PSB songs who used to be my top favourite band , Moz/The Smiths came and everything changed. Still I like them a lot
Cheers Moz

Same here!!! The PSB are the heros of my youth (and the following 19 years). I still have a poster of them on my wall. But then I heard Moz and .... I still love the PSB. :)

I'm quite excited about this collaborations as I really love the Electronic- and Behaviour-stuff. We will see (or listen) how the songs are... Looking forward to it.

so incredibly stoked for this. And if the PSB would be so kind as to tour the US, it would make my year.

Re: PSB - Yes...Any updates?

Has anybody heard anything about any leaks?

I asked at the PSB-front and they still don't have a download or something. They suspect it might be available in February.

He played on Behaviour way back in 90/91.

Yes, Fundamental is one of their best records.

edit: f***! I hate that they are using co-writers. (Sorry, iamnichola, it's nothing against girls aloud)

Damn you Dave you beat me to it! :)

I will add that he played on October Symphony and his guitar on that track is gorgeous!

I saw them here in OZ on the VERY tour and the show was amazing. Go West has to be seen and heard live!!!

PSB are big Moz fans. I think they appreciate his pop aesthetic and his use of language. Neil Tennant, in particular, is a very bright man.

I hope Yes is better than Fundemental. I wasn't so turned on by that album although the live show I saw was great. I love them to do another album like Introspective or Behaviour. These are my two favourite PSB albums.

Neil Tennant, in particular, is a very bright man.

Oh dear, I was 19 years so "in love" with this man. Starting when I was 13 and all my class mates thought I'm insane because the PSB were a little bit "uncool". :) But I still love them. What would I have done without the two of them???

Back
Top Bottom