Mock The Week?

Kilt Uncle

Any fans of this great show?

Oh, me! me! The highlight of my thursday night

I can't stand the fellah that presents it but I liked Frankie Boyle until I went to see him live at the Eddy Festy last year & 99% of his act was what I'd seen him "'impro'" on Mockers ffs!

love

Grim
P.s. I was with M23 & for a jape he decided to block me from getting to my seat after I'd been for a pish thinking that the shining wit Boyle would pick on me, he never! So ha-ha an up yours M23!

Is it anything like Best Week Ever on VH1?

If so... :guitar:

I love it! Think it's on tonight on bbc2 and love when Dave has the repeats on. Frankie Boyle's a leg-end as is Dara o'briain, but that man with the bald head Andy someone is sqeaky voiced and blatantly not funny :mad:

I love it! Think it's on tonight on bbc2 and love when Dave has the repeats on. Frankie Boyle's a leg-end as is Dara o'briain, but that man with the bald head Andy someone is sqeaky voiced and blatantly not funny :mad:

I completely agree, do you find that he walks to the microphone in exactly the same silly manner that seems to warrant a laugh from the audience EVERY TIME and it's NOT FUNNY.
This is the second time I've complained about this, quite loudly, and no one knows what I'm talking about.

I think Parsons has a certain style that i quite like. Frankie is the comedians comedian and cracks the one-liners that shocks even the other guests..:)

Boyle was on 'Would I lie to you' and claimed that he had written a book of love poems...:) Of course he didn't convince anyone and it was a great exchange between Frankie and Rich Hall..:p

I completely agree, do you find that he walks to the microphone in exactly the same silly manner that seems to warrant a laugh from the audience EVERY TIME and it's NOT FUNNY.
This is the second time I've complained about this, quite loudly, and no one knows what I'm talking about.

YEAH! I'm with you on that! he does like a little potter, in a sort of "how funny is this walk, laugh please" sort of way....which builds up to his stand up piece which turns out to be crap, even dara finds it hard to force a laugh! And you can tell his team mates are embarrassed at how unamusing he is ;)

I think Parsons has a certain style that i quite like. Frankie is the comedians comedian and cracks the one-liners that shocks even the other guests..:)

Boyle was on 'Would I lie to you' and claimed that he had written a book of love poems...:) Of course he didn't convince anyone and it was a great exchange between Frankie and Rich Hall..:p

Ahh I'd have to diagree with you on Parsons, I think his style isn't unique, it's like it's obvious what he's about to say, and I sort of will him to abort what he's saying cos I can see it's going to be crap!:p

Haha i saw 'Would I lie to you' aswell, and when they asked Frankie what the titles of the poems were he was like "they're untitled" and the book's called "untitled" lmao Boyle's stand up cracks me up aswell :D

I like Frankie Boyle, he's really funny! Sometimes I like that posh one. That 12-year old naive boy is somewhat amusing on the odd occasion. That bald twat with the moustache really puts me off. And the non-regulars are rarely funny!

When Stephen K Amos was on it, he was so obvious that I finished half his sentences, especially the joke that he'll play the race card! That was SOO obvious.

Do like the show though!:)

Ahh I'd have to diagree with you on Parsons, I think his style isn't unique, it's like it's obvious what he's about to say, and I sort of will him to abort what he's saying cos I can see it's going to be crap!:p

Haha i saw 'Would I lie to you' aswell, and when they asked Frankie what the titles of the poems were he was like "they're untitled" and the book's called "untitled" lmao Boyle's stand up cracks me up aswell :D

:eek: I invite you into my thread for dinner and you have the cheek to disagree with me! You've spoiled the profiteroles (I spelled that first time correctly, i'm amazed, :p) and probably ruined the after eights as well...:p

I loved that moment with Frankie & Rich. Normally these claims can go on for a while before you realise whether they are true or not, but everybody knew that Frankie was talking complete bollocks straight away.

I think it was the least convincing thing ever...:p

I haven't been able to watch the show since a friend told me Hugh Dennis reminded her of Moz :tears:

(on the left)

I haven't been able to watch the show since a friend told me Hugh Dennis reminded her of Moz :tears:

(on the left)

Could you explain further? Why would it put you of watching Amy?

:eek: I invite you into my thread for dinner and you have the cheek to disagree with me! You've spoiled the profiteroles (I spelled that first time correctly, i'm amazed, :p) and probably ruined the after eights as well...:p

I loved that moment with Frankie & Rich. Normally these claims can go on for a while before you realise whether they are true or not, but everybody knew that Frankie was talking complete bollocks straight away.

I think it was the least convincing thing ever...:p

ooops :o sorry about spoling the ol' profiteroles and...probably the after eights :((god havn't had them for years *wants minty chocolate now*) but i'm sure the night cap will make all forget about my cheek! :p

Yeh it was obvious that he was lying right from the start, the least likely thing ever; he makes jokes about murderers, paedophiles, etc and they were expected to believe he wrote love poetry lmao! Lee Mack is the best one on that show...they need to get him on the Mock the week panel IMO :)

Did any of you ever watch FAQ U? It was on briefly late night on Channel 4, that was the first time I saw Frankie Boyle on TV, I can never find any of it on Youtube, but it was very funny, shame really :(

Could you explain further? Why would it put you of watching Amy?

:p I was joking about not watching it, it just creeps me out a bit when he starts talking etc. Cheeky cow, I don't think he resembles Moz at all! (beyond the hair, but..)

and, it has to be said, I absolutely love Dara O'Briain

ooops :o sorry about spoling the ol' profiteroles and...probably the after eights :((god havn't had them for years *wants minty chocolate now*) but i'm sure the night cap will make all forget about my cheek! :p

Yeh it was obvious that he was lying right from the start, the least likely thing ever; he makes jokes about murderers, paedophiles, etc and they were expected to believe he wrote love poetry lmao! Lee Mack is the best one on that show...they need to get him on the Mock the week panel IMO :)

Okay, you can get the mints - but the other guests will talk about you when you're gone. It's only fair...:p

I quite like the welsh guy who's name escapes me and wee Russell has grown on me over time. Lee Mack is alright, i like Sean Lock and he would be quite good on it to.

This is a great clip from TV Heaven Telly Hell. I was pissing myself when i first saw it...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gx7XDVjm0Qk

Did any of you ever watch FAQ U? It was on briefly late night on Channel 4, that was the first time I saw Frankie Boyle on TV, I can never find any of it on Youtube, but it was very funny, shame really :(

I've never heard of it. Was it a stand up thing or a Panel Show?

:p I was joking about not watching it, it just creeps me out a bit when he starts talking etc. Cheeky cow, I don't think he resembles Moz at all! (beyond the hair, but..)

and, it has to be said, I absolutely love Dara O'Briain

Oh right. I a bit gullible sometimes...:o he doesn't remind me of Moz either and Morrissey would be funnier too...:) Though he's not that bad.

Dara is Amazing. There's a great gig of his on YouTube.

I'll post the link if you want. But i'm still hurting....:p

Back
Top Bottom