morrissey and marr tv script

vinny

Hi all, to cut a long story short i have submitted a television script to numerous production companies over the last year which deals with the relationship of morrissey amd marr.It centres on the period from meeting untill first success.
to my great surprise strong interest has been shown by two companies , as fans of morrissey and the smiths i thought that you would be interested in this piece of news , i am not a die hard fan by any stretch, i just thought it was a beautiful story against all odds to write about.
Any suggestions for a title would help as well ,
My working title is "So much to answer for"
Love and trust Vinny

"It's Time The Tale Were Told"

Good luck. Who would you have play the leads in a perfect scenario?

i have no clue... it's definitely a tough one. Who else but Moz could be Moz? But even he couldn't play the 23 year old version of himself

I think Eugene Simon would be a good Morrissey.
eugene-simon.jpg

I hope it is successful! I'd love to watch that. Maybe call it 'I Won't Share You'? Or maybe not...

Good luck my friend.

"Hand in Glove".

This is a lovely, heartening story. Well done, and best of luck, Vinny! :thumb:

Thanks for all the replies , it really does mean a lot, and how uncanny is eugene simon , i will keep you updated on the progress ,
love and trust Vinny

Sounds good, Vinny. I hope it gets picked up.
So it starts around that fateful knock on Morrissey's door? It'd be wonderful to see those early Morrissey-Marr demo recording sessions depicted on film.

And to the follow-up poster, great choice of Eugene Simon. You might be able to find a better "lookalike" but he really exudes something young Morrissey had, at least in photos. Check out the pic I've attached.

Good luck!

Hi all, to cut a long story short i have submitted a television script to numerous production companies over the last year which deals with the relationship of morrissey amd marr.It centres on the period from meeting untill first success.
to my great surprise strong interest has been shown by two companies , as fans of morrissey and the smiths i thought that you would be interested in this piece of news , i am not a die hard fan by any stretch, i just thought it was a beautiful story against all odds to write about.
Any suggestions for a title would help as well ,
My working title is "So much to answer for"
Love and trust Vinny

Attachments

• Eugene-Simon_new.jpg
    Eugene-Simon_new.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 21
Many thanks to all that have posted , as soon as i can announce details of the production it will be posted on this site first, i am at very advanced talks with one company who are very excited about the script and the idea that it all ends at the groups success,

love and trust Vinny

There have been a few programs, biopics so to speak, that have made me feel sick. Like Bob Geldof's. However, one on Morrissey and Marr would be wonderful to watch.

hi all, mr marr on twitter has told me to make sure he says real words if the script goes ahead , i have reassured him he is 3 dimensional at least in the script.
love and trust Vinny

I hope this project works out! I'm very excited about it!
But I dont have any idea for a good title to sugest.

Vinny,
It's great that Johnny is so interactive with his fans on Twitter.
As a writer you don't want him to 'vet' your script but you have a chance to ask him how the scenes you've depicted went down and maybe get some verbatim quotes.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom