Morrissey in Heat Magazine!!

In the list of everybody who works at heat magazine, they are asked a quick question each week. This week's question was "What is your favourite song at the moment" and TV Editor Boyd Hilton's reply was That's How People Grow Up by Morrissey.

I like him already, he was the one who had The Importance of Being Morrissey on tape and let us have it a couple of days before it went out on TV.

In the list of everybody who works at heat magazine, they are asked a quick question each week. This week's question was "What is your favourite song at the moment" and TV Editor Boyd Hilton's reply was That's How People Grow Up by Morrissey.

I like him already, he was the one who had The Importance of Being Morrissey on tape and let us have it a couple of days before it went out on TV.

How many copies did you sell in those two days? :D Joking!!

Boyd often mentions Morrissey. That is the first thing I check with my heat mag. :D

not that I'm anti-Heat magazine, I just thought I'd let eeryone know that that post did not end in
"love

Grim"
denotes twasnae posted by me!

love

Grim
P.s. I am anti-heat magazine tbh.

not that I'm anti-Heat magazine, I just thought I'd let eeryone know that that post did not end in
"love

Grim"
denotes twasnae posted by me!

love

Grim
P.s. I am anti-heat magazine tbh.

Have to get the missus to log in her own account, then there will be no need for embarrassment for you, I mean she might start posting all over the frink thread or something. :p

Have to get the missus to log in her own account, then there will be no need for embarrassment for you, I mean she might start posting all over the frink thread or something. :p

it's her ploy, she seems to get her kicks this way! I think it's that bloody heat magazines fault!

love

Grim

As mesemric as Boyd maybe he was still on the box last night waxing lyrcial about Louis Walsh on You Can't Fire Me I'm Famous.

A hysterical programme in that it was on the BBC and was all about the X factor...yes thats right ITV's flagship entertainment programme!!!

'Inside Little Britain' by Boyd Hilton is a really good read with loads of Moz / Smiths references. Boyd and David Walliams appear to be big fans of oor boy.

One of the Little Britain crew , Paul Putnam, I think recounts spending new years eve with Morrissey in a Sarf' London pub dancing along to Madness and wishing a'body a Guid new year .

I don't think Walliams believed the tale though .Come to think of it neither do I . Pretty good read though .

Peter .

I'm shocked and disappointed that so many of you have (unwittingly) admitted to rreading HEAT magazine.....

*disowns the lot of you*

*realises that she ACTUALLY knows what heat magazine is, and is very ashamed of herself,*

(for the record i have never 'read' one, i have just have the misfortune of being a speed reader so when scanning the mag racks in smiths, i take in all the titles without realising im doing it. :rolleyes:)

I'm shocked and disappointed that so many of you have (unwittingly) admitted to rreading HEAT magazine.....

*disowns the lot of you*

*realises that she ACTUALLY knows what heat magazine is, and is very ashamed of herself,*

(for the record i have never 'read' one, i have just have the misfortune of being a speed reader so when scanning the mag racks in smiths, i take in all the titles without realising im doing it. :rolleyes:)

i read every week LOL
have done so from the very first issue in 1999 when it was quite edgy , does anyone remember the adverts for the first issues? it was meant to be more like ID magazine , but they dropped the edginess and put posh spice on the cover every week because that's what sell magazines these days.

Heat and ID mags similar?
NEVER!!!!

i am thinking of the right mag arent i, heat is one of those trashy ones where tis all pics of 'celebrities' and they often bitch about them as in 'hit or miss' style thingies?

i can't even believe they had the cheek to compare themselsves to ID, id sue them if i were in charge of ID, good job im not. lol:rolleyes:

Heat and ID mags similar?
NEVER!!!!

i am thinking of the right mag arent i, heat is one of those trashy ones where tis all pics of 'celebrities' and they often bitch about them as in 'hit or miss' style thingies?

i can't even believe they had the cheek to compare themselsves to ID, id sue them if i were in charge of ID, good job im not. lol:rolleyes:

i did say the first couple of issues were, i don't mean now.
i should know i bought those issues.
and no they didn't compare themselves to ID i did, before heat there were no other mags like it, it was funny cool and rather sweary which i loved .

Last edited:
Just thought this lovely thread needed a new comment from the delightful Boyd.
question being, "What's the worse song of the year so far?"

answer: "Stop me Mark ronson (leave The Smiths alone, you doofus!)

oh, shame on you, you didn't mention the PHOTO of morrissey and madonna, and the "story" that most people on this site probably don't know about..yet?

love

Mrs Grim (honest guv this wasn't me) O'Grady (the missus)

I always get Heat on the day it comes out too

***disclaimer***
Now I'm not one to discriminate as I'm sure you all are aware by now (hopefully) but just because the lady-boys of bang-cock (really?) are in Edinburgh doesn't mean that culturally I need to see them, eh? Please please please let me get what I want that night (an early night)

love

Mr Grim

Last edited:
Just thought this lovely thread needed a new comment from the delightful Boyd.
question being, "What's the worse song of the year so far?"

answer: "Stop me Mark ronson (leave The Smiths alone, you doofus!)

ROFL,

Back
Top Bottom