Morrissey Singles Box Volume 2 in my hands!

Oh stop being such a ninny!

> Since Gable never built a house, I assume you're just tossing
> out a herring. Anyway, to keep the stalkers busy, here's a
> complete list of where Gable lived in L.A.

> During his time in Hollywood, both when he first arrived and
> during his various seperations from wive(s), he lived in a
> series of apartments in Hollywood, including:
> 1. Chateau Elysee, 5930 Franklin, #604 (now the Scientology
> Church)
> 2. Coral Gables Apts, 1233-35 N Sweetzer
> 3. Hollywood Athletic Club, 6525 Sunset
> 4. El Royale Apts, 450 N Rossmore
> The first confirmed house site was
> 5. 608 Irving Blvd, Hollywood
> There were several unconfirmed stays at several other locations
> early in his career:
> 6. 9514 Wilshire Blvd.
> 7. 463 Mountain Dr., B.H. (southern end of Mountain in the
> "Flats" of B.H.)
> 8. 11554 Kelsey S, NH (sometimes referred to as the Ingram-North
> Hollywood location, incorrectly it seems)
> The confirmed houses included:
> 9. 716 Camden Drive, B.H. in the Flats, with Ria
> 10. San Ysidro Dr, B.H., just behind the Pickfair site at San
> Ysidro and Summit on the east side of San Ysidro, again with
> Ria. A colonial house next door to Fredric March's home on S.Y.
> 11. 200 Bristol, Brentwood. It was 200, not 220. There isn't
> actually a 220 Bristol I don't think. Nice house in the first
> block on the east side of Bristol.
> 12. 325 Carolwood Dr., B.H.
> 13. When he hooked up with Lombard, she had moved from 7952
> Hollywood Blvd. into a house she rented from Alfred Hitchcock at
> 609 St. Cloud Rd. in Bel Air, "The Farm."
> 14. The Laurel Canyon house was allegedly on Woodrow Wilson
> Drive.
> 15. It appears that the couple's first home together was not
> really The Farm, but a house she rented from Alice Terry
> (actress) and her husband Rex Ingram. It's always been described
> as being in "North Hollywood," although the only house
> Ingram and Terry every owned in L.A. was at 2720 Woodhaven Dr.
> in Hollywood at the lower end of the Beachwood Estates at the
> top of Beachwood north of Franklin. At the time (1930's), that
> part of Hollywood would have been referred to as "North
> Hollywood" due to the distance from the Wilshire/Sunset
> areas. People incorrectly assume that the North Hollywood
> reference means the Valley, which it does today. But back then
> Woodhaven would have been described correctly as "North
> Hollywood."
> 16. Lombard paid for the Petit farm (house and 40+) acres
> purchased from director Raoul Walsh (a friend of his) because
> Gable was pretty broke from a divorce. The house was located at
> 4525 (also reported at the time to be 4545) Petit, and was not
> visible from the road. Since developed all around, it can be
> seen at 4543 Tara now. Michael Milkin lives there now.
> Gable suffered his fatal heart attack either changing a tire on
> his jeep or working on a tractor at the farm.
> Hope this helps...

No, you only help those who haven't done the research themselves to find the actual info...Gable BUILT the house Morrissey lives in...he never LIVED there (or HAD it built, whatever...my father BUILDS for a living, however, he has never occupied one of his own buildings...get it?) He BUILT the house for Carol Lumbard who tragically died in a plane crash or some other sad death before they moved in. He never occupied the house. However, it has been occupied by some rather large names, mainly in the literary world, some of the direction of film as well. But seeing as you know so, so much, why don't you go figure that out for yourself? It isn't that far off. Its only as close as going through all of the Morrissey interviews on this web page archives. He spoke all about it in one or two of the stories he gave back in 1998 or so. Check it out and update those fuggin' facts of yours.

Gosh people. It never serves anyone to be such a tight as* about such triffling subjects. You want his addy, there are ways to get it. I guarantee anyone who posts it here won't get more than a couple of clicks before it gets yanked by David or one of his moderators.

Oh forgeddaboutit. Im done with this anyway. I'm not interested in a history lesson on someone who was an egomaniac. Sheesh.

Laura

BTW: Never took the time to look up long enough to see dragons...

> have no clue you say?? well,I have seen the house.unless im
> worng,it's white and has a huge dragon on the wall?? sound
> familiar.Now,we can argue all night about who's rigfht or who's
> wrong.Ive gotten the info I passed along to you all from someone
> who was there.I didnt belive it either,till I went there and saw
> the thing for myself.cardz,letterz. picturez and all accompanied
> it. Unless the huge trash can on that hill on sweetezer that
> says" hi morrissey" is lying? go to sweetzer,look to
> your eft,youll see a huge green dumpster,on the back it clearly
> readsMorrissey Hi.I dont know of too many people who just
> randomly spray paint things like that unless its the real
> deal.Plus, the person who told me,showed me pictures of the
> houseand as I said,johnny depp said it was,nuff said

And being the daughter of the person I am, I enjoy architecture VERY much. Personally, the only thing I enjoy about the house is the wide balcony just above the road. Outside of that, it is cramped and too small. The window above the garage doors seems empty all the time, and makes me feel tired and lonely when I see it- which has been a while now. Has it changed much?

Actually, I rarely saw the house during the day. Being as the street is in such a prime location for bar-hopping and hanging out with the crowd I do, I primarily used it after 9 pm, so it was dark and quiet most of the time I was around there. Which was only a few times, so I wouldn't know much more than what else I have heard from a few friends who have been inside. If you want THAT info, by all means ask. I have the knowledge. I;m sure David can't object to that being told. It isn't as if I am telling the street or numbers here.

In my humble opinion, the house is too small and architecturally boring. Just like an Englishman/Irishman to purchase such a thing in the middle of where it is. If you go to the Bristol Farms down the way, I am sure on any given day you have a better chance of running into Moz than sitting on the corner. Lots of veggies for him to choose from!

Laura

Re: Yeah, whatever... You haven't a clue what you are writing about.

No questions,just trying to defend myself.hey,I doubt a music magazine would lie about johnny depp living next to morrissey.I emailed a certain person at that magazine and a friend at another magazine and the story checks out.maybe johhny bought the house right next to him??? maybe he does/doesn't live there?? All I know is,The house that I saw,(and everyone else for that matter) was I was told,Morrissey's pad.Now then,the garbage can I speak of,is when your at the very top of the hill(it actually looks like your going up a spiral staircase),Whne your driving back down the hill from mozzer's pad,off to the left(it may be the right now),was a huge green garbage can with the words"HI MORRISSEY" on the back.

I found that to be a definate indication that this is where he lives.Now then,I did see cards,letters and other trinkets around the house i mentioned.Maybe he doesnt live in that exact house anymore? I dont know.I do know that he rarely comes out to see anyone,so he could still be there.as for his "trees",Im sure he'd want them cut so that some obsessed crazed fan will climb his fuggin tree and sleep in the thing just to annoy him.Thanks for the info.

Re: BTW: Never took the time to look up long enough to see dragons...

Well now Laura,you got Mr.Proper's attention with your first postings.So we agree then that the house I said(the one with the huge dragon on the walls,on sweetezer is Moz's?).If it isn't,hey,It's cool. I doubt I'm wrong though. This is pretty relaible info,I dont think david would tell me anyways whether it is or isn't morrissey's house.

I can only say,that I know of about 100 or so people who have had nothing better to do with their time than to seek out where the man hidez himself,so I think they wouldn't lie as well.

Bottom line is: I doubt if anyone goes there even now,they would see morrissey.I do hear that he does like to walk around the neighborhood there and was seen a few times by a bunch of different people.My guess is,if you and i were to go there tonight,we wouldn't see a darn thing and would probably not only upset morrissey while we trampled around in front of his house,we'd be wasting our time too. He's not going to come out for you or I.

I will say that I liked the house very much.if you were one of the chosen few to get inside,you have the distinction that not too many on this board can lay claim to. be porud.Just don't argue with Mr.Proper,you dont like me when I'm angry( do you like me at all? I doubt it).

Re: Yeah, whatever... You haven't a clue what you are writing about.

BTW,Im not a retard,and are you a complete idiot in real life? or do you just play one on this board?

Understood...We all have to come to our own defense now and again, right?

> No questions,just trying to defend myself.hey,I doubt a music
> magazine would lie about johnny depp living next to morrissey.I
> emailed a certain person at that magazine and a friend at
> another magazine and the story checks out.maybe johhny bought
> the house right next to him??? maybe he does/doesn't live
> there?? All I know is,The house that I saw,(and everyone else
> for that matter) was I was told,Morrissey's pad.Now then,the
> garbage can I speak of,is when your at the very top of the
> hill(it actually looks like your going up a spiral
> staircase),Whne your driving back down the hill from mozzer's
> pad,off to the left(it may be the right now),was a huge green
> garbage can with the words"HI MORRISSEY" on the back.

> I found that to be a definate indication that this is where he
> lives.Now then,I did see cards,letters and other trinkets around
> the house i mentioned.Maybe he doesnt live in that exact house
> anymore? I dont know.I do know that he rarely comes out to see
> anyone,so he could still be there.as for his
> "trees",Im sure he'd want them cut so that some
> obsessed crazed fan will climb his fuggin tree and sleep in the
> thing just to annoy him.Thanks for the info.

I don't disagree you have his addy. In fact, I am surprised David hasn't deleted your messages posting that street name yet. He usually doesn't let that sh*t go. Guess he has better things to do these days. I think it's funny that someone wrote that message on a garbage can outside Moz's house. What a lack of respect! How laughable.

No, seriously, last I went there the trash was being kept right outside his garage doors, maybe they used someone elses garbage cans? Wouldn't surprise me a bit.

People don't climb the trees I've heard. All they bother to do is hike over the fence and bang on his door at all hours. I have never been inside his house, I have had the pleasure of KNOWING people who have. That's all.

Yes, the street is rather winding...one of the last times I was there I got caught between a rock and a hard place having been coming down the hill when a fire engine was trying to come up...the poor (damned CUTE!) guy had to jump out and direct me to the proper place in the road to get past me! Almost had me down the hill to the cajun place's parking friggin' lot, I'll tell you! Very interesting place those hills...

Laura

Never said I don't like you...

> Well now Laura,you got Mr.Proper's attention with your first
> postings.So we agree then that the house I said(the one with the
> huge dragon on the walls,on sweetezer is Moz's?).If it
> isn't,hey,It's cool. I doubt I'm wrong though. This is pretty
> relaible info,I dont think david would tell me anyways whether
> it is or isn't morrissey's house.

> I can only say,that I know of about 100 or so people who have
> had nothing better to do with their time than to seek out where
> the man hidez himself,so I think they wouldn't lie as well.

> Bottom line is: I doubt if anyone goes there even now,they would
> see morrissey.I do hear that he does like to walk around the
> neighborhood there and was seen a few times by a bunch of
> different people.My guess is,if you and i were to go there
> tonight,we wouldn't see a darn thing and would probably not only
> upset morrissey while we trampled around in front of his
> house,we'd be wasting our time too. He's not going to come out
> for you or I.

> I will say that I liked the house very much.if you were one of
> the chosen few to get inside,you have the distinction that not
> too many on this board can lay claim to. be porud.Just don't
> argue with Mr.Proper,you dont like me when I'm angry( do you
> like me at all? I doubt it).

You just are one of the many who clearly need a self-confidence boost by using a weird attraction such as foul language and poor writing skills to get attention that would feign popularity and make you THINK people like you more for it. I see through most of that. I know you are probably some sad sap under all that who just needs a big bear hug, baby! We all do at one point or another.

I never have, never will and do not CARE enough to sit outside Morrissey's house waiting for him. I have seen those who do on occasion and have absolutely no desire whatsoever to play such a freaky game. He does come out often enough though, so I have heard, and I think he gets on with the fans well when he has to. I really don't think people keep him stuck inside his house on pins and needles. I am sure he is fine enough with the popularity of his address to walk outside when he needs to take a walk or go to the market or whatever.

Yeah, and as far as Johnny Depp goes, really I could give a rats as*. I never really liked him outside of What's Eating Gilbert Grape. I have met many celebrities and honestly some of them are really nice, and some of them are real as*holes; but I bear this question: Who the hell isn't once in a while? I don't know if he lives near Morrissey. I personally heard that they mistakenly reported he bought a house in LA near-by Morrissey, when it really was a house near Morrissey's Mums in England. I have never seen him up there, but that isn't to say he ISN'T there either.

Now, who can introduce me to Ben Affleck is what I want to know.

Laura

Re: Never said I don't like you...

Laura,it seems as if you have this self toting attitude about thee? no need to get your knickers in a twist,I just think this Proper fella,is that his name? just wanted you to clear the air about the whole mishap. I will say that i think where morrissey lives and what the fans do where he lives really has no bearing on any of us.I would like to think that everyone who comes here(even this Mr.proper fella),has a right to his/her's'opinion(s).

I will say too that this whole street address manner needs to dissolve once and bloody for all.No sense in giving the poor man any more deranged fans to follow him. Actually,I find Mr.proper's posts somewhat funny most of the time.he needs to get his mouth washed out with soap once in a while,but he seems like a good chap.

I find this greasetea person and a few others to be funny as well,I really get a good laugh out of them.they're all very whimsicle to say the least.seem like good ol'blokes just trying to have a little fun,no harm in that missy is there? cut them some slack who don't you?

I think that maybe they are trying to get attention at times,nothing wrong with that at all.Just when you stop getting attention,then you need to worry.

Well, Mr. Time...

> Laura,it seems as if you have this self toting attitude about
> thee? no need to get your knickers in a twist,I just think this
> Proper fella,is that his name? just wanted you to clear the air
> about the whole mishap. I will say that i think where morrissey
> lives and what the fans do where he lives really has no bearing
> on any of us.I would like to think that everyone who comes
> here(even this Mr.proper fella),has a right to
> his/her's'opinion(s).

> I will say too that this whole street address manner needs to
> dissolve once and bloody for all.No sense in giving the poor man
> any more deranged fans to follow him. Actually,I find
> Mr.proper's posts somewhat funny most of the time.he needs to
> get his mouth washed out with soap once in a while,but he seems
> like a good chap.

> I find this greasetea person and a few others to be funny as
> well,I really get a good laugh out of them.they're all very
> whimsicle to say the least.seem like good ol'blokes just trying
> to have a little fun,no harm in that missy is there? cut them
> some slack who don't you?

> I think that maybe they are trying to get attention at
> times,nothing wrong with that at all.Just when you stop getting
> attention,then you need to worry.

CLEARLY you didn't understand my post! I was saying I HAVE no reason to NOT like him. He can be silly, but underneath his raucaus behavior, I think this person might actually be kinda fun to talk to. I was being silly with them. If you haven't seen my postings before appologizing for my so very dry wit, then here is another one.

I have a dry wit. And sometimes I THINK I will be easily understood when I am not. I am sorry I came across in any way what so ever hauty. It wasn't intended at all.

Laura

BTW, I like Greasetea too. You haven't seen my posts to him either, I suppose.

> CLEARLY you didn't understand my post! I was saying I HAVE no
> reason to NOT like him. He can be silly, but underneath his
> raucaus behavior, I think this person might actually be kinda
> fun to talk to. I was being silly with them. If you haven't seen
> my postings before appologizing for my so very dry wit, then
> here is another one.

> I have a dry wit. And sometimes I THINK I will be easily
> understood when I am not. I am sorry I came across in any way
> what so ever hauty. It wasn't intended at all.

> Laura

He actually stayed with me for a week about 5 months ago.

YES! Even MORE importantly than my knowing what I know about Morrissey, I know what GREASETEA LOOKS like! :::DUNDUNDUUUNNNN:::

Laura

Back
Top Bottom