Morrissey-solo Wikipedia-like feature - looking for help

I think it's kind of unlikely. This site has way too much negativity and way too many trolls to be able to produce something as useful as a Morrissey wikipedia.

David, seeing that Passions doesn't appear any closer to a second coming, I wonder what feedback you got for this idea? Has it progressed at all?

I'm sure I'm not the only one who thinks the idea has potential. Amazed that no one has attempted it before.

Also amazed that no one has bought any 'mozipedia' domain names http://www.123-reg.co.uk/order?search=search&domain=mozipedia&ajax_enabled=true

Dave

I haven't gotten much feedback but the wiki is in progress and I'm working with a few volunteers to seed the initial content and layout the architecture. Glad to hear you think it has potential. I think the initial version will be ready in a month or two.

I think it's kind of unlikely. This site has way too much negativity and way too many trolls to be able to produce something as useful as a Morrissey wikipedia.

Perhaps you are right, there are supposedly only Morrissey haters here and doing nothing is probably preferred.

I'd love to volunteer to help, but did I didn't understand a word of that sentence, so I doubt I'd be any use :)

Best of luck with it.

Dave

I haven't gotten much feedback but the wiki is in progress and I'm working with a few volunteers to seed the initial content and layout the architecture. Glad to hear you think it has potential. I think the initial version will be ready in a month or two.

I'd love to volunteer to help, but did I didn't understand a word of that sentence, so I doubt I'd be any use :)

Best of luck with it.

Dave

I appreciate your interest, I realize not everyone is familiar with editing a wiki. I hope to make it easy to edit and that everyone who wants to contribute will not feel intimidated by the technical aspect, so I'm creating some basic examples and covering the main use cases I can think of. It will rely a lot on contributions from users of the site such as yourself... if it actually is ever released!

I think it sounds like a wonderful idea! Imagine the possibilities!

If we could search all the stuff Moz likes I'd be happy. :)

For example my twin sis and I were just wondering if Moz liked Charles Bronson [the inmate not the actor]. I can't find anything in mozipedia about it. My sister mentioned the book only covers stuff he mentioned more than once.

Back
Top Bottom