Moz and sean hughes

cossy

irish blood dublin heart
Before the comedian Russell Brand became Mozs number One fan lets not forget in the early 90's Channel 4 had a programme called Seans Show
starring Irish comedian and bloody funny guy Sean Hughes. Each week The Smiths or Morrissey would be mentioned in this half hour hilarious sit com. As CH4 never released these shows on VHS or DVD I am delighted that someone has finally uploaded to you tube

Want a laugh check episode one here
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQ5g_gEB74A&mode=related&search=

I posted in the d/l section recently the interview that Moz did with Sean in 1999 on GLR radio

Two legends

Any Sean Hughes fans?

cossy

I loved that show! The constant ref to Moz and The Smiths, amazing how he got away with it in every episode.
Always liked Sean Hughes, where is he now? Haven't seen him on TV since he left Never Mind The Buzzcocks. Nice link to youtube, thanks

Sean Hughes seemed very likeable and in touch with what was going on, it's hard not to like the guy. His interview with Morrissey is a good one. Thanks for the post, Cossy.

I loved that show! The constant ref to Moz and The Smiths, amazing how he got away with it in every episode.
Always liked Sean Hughes, where is he now? Haven't seen him on TV since he left Never Mind The Buzzcocks. Nice link to youtube, thanks

He is back doing what he does best standup comedy. However he is in Corrie tonight for the next few weeks

cossy

Sean Hughes seemed very likeable and in touch with what was going on, it's hard not to like the guy. His interview with Morrissey is a good one. Thanks for the post, Cossy.

cheers Mozmal

he is a very talented comedian. i saw him in dublin a few weeks back and he was excellent. touring the UK in the summer. check him out

cossy

is he well known in Ireland? I've never heard of him, then again I am of the younger generation, not sure how old you are Cossy :p
Did he ever have a regular tv slot on RTE or anything?

is he well known in Ireland? I've never heard of him, then again I am of the younger generation, not sure how old you are Cossy :p
Did he ever have a regular tv slot on RTE or anything?

Hi Dan yes he is known fairly well in Ireland. He starred in the Committments
then he won various awards 1990/91/92 for his stand up comedy. A very very funny comedian and a big Moz fan. As for how old am I lets say Sean is about 6 years older than me:D

He's just arrived on Coronation Street!
i know, and in thus knowing i have admitted to watching corrie regularly, (i apologise, but it is the only 'trash' tv i watch)
I was so excited to see him come into it, i bet he makes his character a moz fan too, listen out for any 'background' music associated with him, i'll bet he sneaks one song in somewhere ;)

i know, and in thus knowing i have admitted to watching corrie regularly, (i apologise, but it is the only 'trash' tv i watch)
I was so excited to see him come into it, i bet he makes his character a moz fan too, listen out for any 'background' music associated with him, i'll bet he sneaks one song in somewhere ;)

Unfortunately he only is doing 6 episodes.........ah well

check this out this episode is full of moz /smiths

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BzUOOC61tjk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PI-Gf7cNOnA&mode=related&search=

cossy

Eileen (his love interest in it) mentioned 'handsome devil' in their very 1st visual scene together!

love

Grim
P.s. proud to be a Corrie fan

Got away with it?

Do you think there is TV police watching every show for Smiths references?

"If he makes a Smiths reference again next week he's in big trouble... because... erm...."

Back
Top Bottom