Moz's Hair (Piece)

bauer24

I have a friend who is a huge fan, almost obsessive. Anyway, when we went to the Bridgewater Hall gig, he said something which I found both amusing and worrying! :eek:

He reckons Moz has been wearing a hairpiece or doing something to his hair for quite some time now? I find this quite difficult to believe, his hair always looks natural and cool to me. He always runs his hand through his hair and we even seen him getting it cut in 'The Importance of...'

Anybody have any thoughts on this?

I agree, its definitely his own hair. There must be something that makes him think that way though. It certainly isnt because he is joking because he hasn't got a sense of humour.

Well like I said he hasnt got it in him to wind people up. Besides, he would die if anybody said anything negative about Moz, so I think he truly believes it?

Strange????

Who knows? But here's a question ...

If Morrissey starting going really bald (major male-pattern baldness), do you think it would affect his career? I mean, do you think he would just cut his hair really short, or wear a hat like Elton John, and keep making videos and touring? Or do you think it would wreck his own self-image so much (he IS the quiff!) that he would stop?

For the record, I have really short hair ... a suedehead, if you like.

All those products maintaing that quiff cannot be good for it!
That's maybe why he's not keen on stage invaders, they might knock off his syrup.

Moz without a quiff doesn't look right, just watch the Alma Matters video.

Hmmm interesting thoughts. To be honest I am losing my hair, doesnt bother me so much, I just buzz it really short. But the only people who notice or who make issue with it are people who themselves are losing their hair. To people with a full head of hair it is a non issue.

I dont think he would look that bad with short hair but it may well affect his confidence.

That's his own hair for sure. It's slightly thinner, or finer than it used to be, but it's virtually unchanged from when he first began his career. If you look at pictures from when he was in his twenties his hairline was set remarkably far back, and it hasn't receded that way. I haven't seen any pictures of him from the back for a while, but at the gigs i didn't see any bald patches.
I don't think he's in danger of losing much hair as he gets older.... my grandad is 74 and he still has all his hair; it's thin, but there are no bald patches, so men can hang on to it (so to speak).
If Mozzer had started to lose his hair we would have seen reduction from his twenties onwards, directly related to his testosterone production; the best way to tell if a man's going to go bald is his ablitly to grow a beard and the amount of hair on the rest of his body ... seeing as Moz was never really the most 'masculine' of men, i think it's fairly safe to assume he hasn't got the hairloss genes, nor has he been flooded by androgens.
The irony for men is, if they want to keep their hair, the best thing they can do is have oestrogen injections ... it reduces the hair on their bodies, and will begin a sex change, but it increases the hair on their heads.

I have suspected he did something for a time, but upon further reflection I think he's just become more crafty with the comb. At some point during the break between Mala and Quarry he started combing his hair to the opposite side. His quiff used to lean left, now what's left of it goes right. Sometimes it looks quite thick though so I wonder...

His hair has changed texture because it's gone grey. Grey hair acts in a different way to young peoples hair. That's why it's not so glossy anymore.

As to Morrissey not being masculine, not sure about that, didn't he start shaving when he was 12?

sparkly typewriter said:
I think he looks great in that video.

He also looks great in his performance of "Roy's Keen" on Top of the Pops (the one that was not broadcast at the time, but which was shown later on a TOTP special). His quiff is gone and his hair is flattened down. I think it's the best he's ever looked.

spectral hand said:
He also looks great in his performance of "Roy's Keen" on Top of the Pops (the one that was not broadcast at the time, but which was shown later on a TOTP special). His quiff is gone and his hair is flattened down. I think it's the best he's ever looked.

Would anybody have any screen grabs from that? even better footage?

Trouble loves me said:
That's his own hair for sure. It's slightly thinner, or finer than it used to be, but it's virtually unchanged from when he first began his career. If you look at pictures from when he was in his twenties his hairline was set remarkably far back, and it hasn't receded that way. I haven't seen any pictures of him from the back for a while, but at the gigs i didn't see any bald patches.
I don't think he's in danger of losing much hair as he gets older.... my grandad is 74 and he still has all his hair; it's thin, but there are no bald patches, so men can hang on to it (so to speak).
If Mozzer had started to lose his hair we would have seen reduction from his twenties onwards, directly related to his testosterone production; the best way to tell if a man's going to go bald is his ablitly to grow a beard and the amount of hair on the rest of his body ... seeing as Moz was never really the most 'masculine' of men, i think it's fairly safe to assume he hasn't got the hairloss genes, nor has he been flooded by androgens.
The irony for men is, if they want to keep their hair, the best thing they can do is have oestrogen injections ... it reduces the hair on their bodies, and will begin a sex change, but it increases the hair on their heads.

the ability to grow a beard

Just look at the pics of Morrissey's dad. Good hair, seems to be in the family.
No way is he wearing a hair piece. Check out Severed Alliance pics of his Father.

lux girl said:
Just look at the pics of Morrissey's dad. Good hair, seems to be in the family.
No way is he wearing a hair piece. Check out Severed Alliance pics of his Father.

Men inherit their mum's dad's hair though.

Back
Top Bottom