New record label for Moz

paults

The message posted by Morrissey stated that he has no label. I have an idea! There is a new form of finance called peer to peer lending (p2p). Some my be familiar with it, you are able to invest in loans as a fractional investor. For example I want a loan for 1k. I submit to a group of individuals and they choose how much they want to invest and at what rate. So my idea is a p2p record label for Morrissey. With all the members here and the 550k members via Facebook we can do this. We form a company/record label with Moz's direction and allow the community of fans to become investors/shareholders in the label. Im not certain of the costs to form a label and distribute. We can have different levels of investment from 10 to as much as you want. This wouldn't be a loan. We would be shareholders.

Please let me know what you think ? n

I'd rather be a good old fashioned fan, rather that a financier.

I'd rather buy his cd out of the back of a van.

He probably wants to sign to some iconic label. Dunno if there are many left..

The message posted by Morrissey stated that he has no label. I have an idea! There is a new form of finance called peer to peer lending (p2p). Some my be familiar with it, you are able to invest in loans as a fractional investor. For example I want a loan for 1k. I submit to a group of individuals and they choose how much they want to invest and at what rate. So my idea is a p2p record label for Morrissey. With all the members here and the 550k members via Facebook we can do this. We form a company/record label with Moz's direction and allow the community of fans to become investors/shareholders in the label. Im not certain of the costs to form a label and distribute. We can have different levels of investment from 10 to as much as you want. This wouldn't be a loan. We would be shareholders.

"My talents do not lie in DIY." -- Morrissey

The music you and artist you love don"t get to you with out a "financier". Albums and tours don't happen either. What greater way to support Morrissey than to help bring his music to all his fans. We can become the iconic label. You have tp start one to become one.

That is absolutely insane.

If all of Morrissey's fans pool their money to start a record label with the intent of making a profit, then who is going to buy the album?

Let me try to follow your train of thought...

So you're basically saying we should start a company with our own money and make a profit from it by spending more of our money to by our own product?

Absurd.

That is absolutely insane.

If all of Morrissey's fans pool their money to start a record label with the intent of making a profit, then who is going to buy the album?

Let me try to follow your train of thought...

So you're basically saying we should start a company with our own money and make a profit from it by spending more of our money to by our own product?

Absurd.

I think we just really want to hear the new album. Not sure profit enters into it.
But a fan driven release would lack the contacts and ability to effectively market the album, set up promotional events/interviews, etc, so although we could probably pay for the production of the album, we couldn't give him the machinery that he wants.

Or of course he could sign to Beggar's Banquet or its subsidiary 4AD which he frankly should have done eons ago.

I think this is the worst idea in the history of Mozdom. Not only would he never go for it, but it is ridiculously stupid. Who is he, Status Quo?

This is a good idea for penniless indie bands who've fallen on hard times but still have a fairly devout following. Acts such as (the frankly awful) Dodgy and Lloyd Cole, and others have done variations of this in recent years.
However, Morrissey is a very rich (by most of our standards), multi-millionaire pop star and there's no way he would be reduced to passing round a begging bowl to the fans.
He could easily self-finance an album but he feels (perhaps correctly) that his status is deserving of a conventional record deal.

This is a good idea for penniless indie bands who've fallen on hard times but still have a fairly devout following. Acts such as (the frankly awful) Dodgy and Lloyd Cole, and others have done variations of this in recent years.
However, Morrissey is a very rich (by most of our standards), multi-millionaire pop star and there's no way he would be reduced to passing round a begging bowl to the fans.
He could easily self-finance an album but he feels (perhaps correctly) that his status is deserving of a conventional record deal.

THats what I took this to mean in his last statement.

"There is still no record label and the years shuffle like cards. My talents do not lie in DIY."

As we are all aware DIY stands for, Don't involve yourself.

The music you and artist you love don"t get to you with out a "financier". Albums and tours don't happen either. What greater way to support Morrissey than to help bring his music to all his fans. We can become the iconic label. You have tp start one to become one.

"My talents do not lie in DIY." -- Morrissey

First off If you own Coca cola stock do you not buy coke ? Their is nothing wrong with profit. It would be setup up as a corp with management and Moz at the head. Or we can just let the current machine run the biz !!

Re:

First off If you own Coca cola stock do you not buy coke ? Their is nothing wrong with profit. It would be setup up as a corp with management and Moz at the head. Or we can just let the current machine run the biz !!

I believe Morrissey will not accept such an offer.

That is because Coca Cola is enjoyed by literally billions of people...however, billions of people do not own stock in Coca Cola.

You proposed 550,000 Morrissey fans donate money to start a label. Quarry sold 400,000, ROTT sold 200,000, and YOR sold 84,000...so, once again, with record sales like that how exactly are these 550,000 people supposed to turn a profit?

Last edited by a moderator:
We could float the company onto the stock market and watch the share price tumble as Morrissey utters another one of his controversial comments, cancels another gig or blames the Royal Family/ the Chinese for his ills

I like this idea.

Last edited:
the 550k was an example of the potential investor base. I wouldn't expect all to invest. Profits would not only be record sales. Concerts, merchandise and Moz could sign bands he likes.

Back
Top Bottom