Non painful date with my mom

CrystalGeezer

My secret's my enzyme.
Sometimes going out with my mom can be painful, makes my chest hurt. (Like always working at my friend's school is at one point in the day excruciating, but I'm sick of going through that, f*** it.) Sometimes time with my mom is not painful. Usually after the pain or in tonight's case the nonpain, (but aware of a presense,) some sort of metaphorical teaching tale unfolds. Tonight was one of those nights and this is what happened.

We drove from San Gabby to Culver City with the dogs to deliver a camera I had that my friend wanted to use in her classroom. It allowed my mom to get out of town for a bit and the dogs to go for a ride in the car. Afterwards since the freeways were gridlock, we drove Venice to Fairfax, up to Hollywood so I could attempt to return the new Arcade Fire album at Amoeba. I kinda need the money to buy diesel with and should buy the album next month, it was a frivolous purchase...turns out they just give store credit but I asked anyway. So we're driving on Fairfax and I can tell she's getting all Mozbie on me and I just listen. She points out CBS and the eyeball logo and Canters. Fairfax is one of those mystical streets in Los Angeles, like the Ihop in Inglewood and Orange Grove Blvd in Pasadena, it's OLD SIGN CITY and massively awesome to be around. (I have a feeling I'd be in sign seein' heaven in an actual OLD city like London or Paris.) So anyway, we get to Sunset and she starts to mention that when she was a bunny she drove to the club on Sunset and she wanted to see where it used to be, but she didn't remember where. So I make a left instead of the right and we drive around the strip area, Sweetzerville. She's looking up at the buildings and she keeps saying in massive Mozbie mode: "This is familiar. You're in the SLOw lane. You're in the SLOw lane, I CAN'T SEE BECAUSE IT'S DARK. I CAN'T SEE make a YOU turn, IT'S TOO DARK BUT I'M LOOKING. Now I can see."

THen later on when she's given up on finding the bunny club, we go to Amoeba, but she;s getting crabby and SLEEPY most likely and wants to go home but I still want to ask if I can return the cd for cash and I pull into the Arclight parking lot (with a new battery:thumb:) and get turned around and end up exiting making her think we're going home. I'm determined to ask if I can get my money back since I drove all the way there and turn back into the parking lot, turns out mom is super crabby because she has to pee and maybe more and she;s afraid of using dirty restrooms. So she yells at me while I'm playing the antagonist that is putting her out from going home (keep in mind in real lfe my mom is kinda impatient and sometimes irrational so this outburst is just one of those "Ohhh, mother." eyerolling snits) "I'M GOING TO TELL EVERYONE WHAT YOU'VE DONE TO ME." THen we get out of the car on the 5th floor, go down to the ARclight theater and she goie into the theater and uses the restroom and emerges smiling saying that it was one of the cleanest restrooms she;d ever been in. Keep in mind she went to the TOILET in the MOVIE THEATER which I thought was remarkably good Symbol Life Metaphor Theatah if I do say so myself. THen she was pleasant again, I went to Amoeba, was told no cash return, got my parking stub validated and we went home. Via Orange Grove Blvd. :D

Anyway, good work there champ. And no pain! That part I Luuuuuurrrrrve.

Last edited:
I love you Crystal and maybe it's a trans Atlantic thing but I never have a clue what you are saying:confused:

I love you Crystal and maybe it's a trans Atlantic thing but I never have a clue what you are saying:confused:

It's not a trans Atlantic thing, it's kinda nonsense. So sorry. :o Maybe someday it'll make sense or I'll be in a better position to explain it. Whenever there's a tl;dr post of mine, it's best to skip over it because it's gonna be weird. :p

Thank you Hellie. :flowers:

It's not a trans Atlantic thing, it's kinda nonsense. So sorry. :o Maybe someday it'll make sense or I'll be in a better position to explain it. Whenever there's a tl;dr post of mine, it's best to skip over it because it's gonna be weird. :p

Thank you Hellie. :flowers:

Bless ya!! it's coz I'm from Norfolk England....lol..we speak a different language.

Bless ya!! it's coz I'm from Norfolk England....lol..we speak a different language.

No, trust me, you speak fine. I sometimes tell gibberish stories that are true, but draw different or seemingly incoherent conclusions which makes it sound like gibberish. Just realize I know I'm doing this. :thumb:

I remember the Fairfax area...CBS and such. Canters is an interesting restaurant. Haven't been in there in 20 years. I bet it is exactly the same.

I remember the Fairfax area...CBS and such. Canters is an interesting restaurant. Haven't been in there in 20 years. I bet it is exactly the same.

Yes, except for all the advertisements all over the tables and counters for a book about Guns n' Roses. I think the son of the owner toured with them or something? :confused: Otherwise the same I'm sure. :p

Also I wanted to say that weird things and normal things happen to me simultaneously and it's difficult to seperate the two, or at least write about the two because they happen simultaneously. I have a hard enough time writing as it is, but working into my writing "that look" or "a certain feeling I get when something mystical is taking place" is not easy. I try to report the facts first and hope the reader understands what I'm implying. Bleh. It's best just to ignore the longer posts. :D Thanks for putting up with it all. Someday I'll stop posting.

Back
Top Bottom