Northern (English) Cities 'Beyond Revival'!!

We're letting things slide. Who was the lucky winner this year? :)

I think Middlesbrough won this year on the last one, I love the working class industrial cites and towns of the north though like Hull, Liverpool, Machester Sheffield etc...Keep them as they are, we don't mind going into oblivion if it means not working In the money hungry but fascinating London.

And yes iv'e seen that huge welcome sign!, it's brilliant isn't it? I saw it coming home from Holderness Road the other day.

They can sod off if they think I am moving to The Big Smoke. :rolleyes:

"A think tank." This is clearly a contradiction in terms. If it wasn't such pure shit it would be funny. And yes, how Hull wasn't mentioned is amazing.

I saw that on the Channel 4 News and it makes no sense. They could start by moving Government departments north so you could create regeneration around them and bring investment to areas that need it.

It was good to see Two Jags Precott fairly animated though. He's not been that worked up since he had his diary secretary on the desk...:p

The south is already sinking, they'd be up shits creek if all the lardies of the north moved down. ;)

Last edited:
The south is already sinking, they'd be up shits creek it all the lardies of the north moved down. ;)

We could take some in Scotland, but we're overloaded with fat bitches as it is...:p

It's all those battered Mars bars :sick:;)

I've never had one. I have heard that they're quite tasty though...:)

Apparently, the worst health rates in Europe isn't enough for some people..:p

I've never had one. I have heard that they're quite tasty though...:)

Apparently, the worst health rates in Europe isn't enough for some people..:p

My local chippy did them for a short time in the late 90's but I never had one.
I mean, who, in the name of all thats sane, came up with dunking chocolate in batter? WHYYYYY?!? :D

Crap Towns

1. Kingston upon Hull
2. Cumbernauld
3. Morecambe
4. Hythe, Kent
5. Winchester
6. Liverpool
7. St Andrews
8. Bexhill-on-Sea
9. Basingstoke
10. Hackney, London

1. Luton
2. Windsor
3. Sunderland
4. (Equal 4th) Edinburgh / Glasgow
6. Clapham, London
7. Bath
8. Nottingham
9. Corby
10. Middlesbrough

Cant believe Coventry is not on either list:confused:

Jukebox Jury

Bath, Windsor and Winchester? Are they serious? Ok, maybe all the tourists make Windsor a bit busy or whatever, but why are they complaining? Staines I could understand, but not Windsor.

That sort of anti-Northern attitude is precisely why I distance myself from the south. Can I be an honourary northerner? I was made in Blackpool if that swings anything. :)

My local chippy did them for a short time in the late 90's but I never had one.
I mean, who, in the name of all thats sane, came up with dunking chocolate in batter? WHYYYYY?!? :D

I think the Scots would eat everything in batter if they could..:) I just never touched them because battered chocolate just doesn't exist in my world.

It's like a fusion between two things that should never be.

Could be reading too much into it though...:p

Back
Top Bottom