Off-topic discussion thread / moved as clogging other threads

-

No, there was absolutely nothing half-hearted about it.
Here's the original endorsement unfortunately still sitting there today on his personal website.
www.morrisseycentral.com/messagesfrommorrissey/i-ve-been-dreaming-of-a-time-when-the-english-are-sick-to-death-of-labour-and-tories
"Please give For Britain a chance. They will bring an end to the modern Westminster mania for self-destruction. For Britain is the bulldog breed that will never surrender."
If you think that's half-hearted, you've got to be a total f***wit.

It's give them a chance - not go out & vote. When she was fighting an election he said nothing.

You deliberately keep bringing it up - promoting them more than he ever did out of sheer malice.

Look at what you highlighted compared to what you left out!

I despise racism.

I despise fascism.

I would do anything for my Muslim friends, and I know they would do anything for me.

- Morrissey

It's give them a chance - not go out & vote. When she was fighting an election he said nothing.

You deliberately keep bringing it up - promoting them more than he ever did out of sheer malice.

Look at what you highlighted compared to what you left out!

I despise racism.

I despise fascism.

I would do anything for my Muslim friends, and I know they would do anything for me.

- Morrissey
You’re the one who brought up Morrissey’s political endorsements. I’d say his endorsement of For Britain was not half-hearted but half-witted.

Unique to you and the reader? I mean, does this approach show in the writing so that the reader will also benefit from it? Or is it simply a way for you to be excited by the work in order to do it? Either way is fine, just wondering. And what happens if you don’t solve the riddle in art ? Or worse, what if you do solve the riddle in art !? And what are these riddles perplexing you in life? rifke, you make me ask so many questions!

(y) it bleeds over, shaping one’s everyday reality.

why separate them ? Let’s make them one! and end up in the loony bin! 🙃
unique to me and the reader! i dont mean the writing itself, as in the fabric the words create--that i think of as a fabric. but in the construction of a work: i view it very much as a mathematical equation, and instead of numbers, i plug in words. which is why im constantly having to check to see if what im writing makes sense, outside of the context of the work, and not just in the context of the equation, and which is why im slightly more disposed to the poetic form (even though i dont want to write poetry), because poetry is only answerable to itself, and is justified within itself, like a mathematical equation. (even though im not interested in writing poetry i am interested in writing my novel with the same vivid, amoral, non-judgmental qualities of a poem, and have the idea to end the novel (which finds my characters in greece surrounded by eternal things like the sun and the ocean) as a sort of poem, by taking a step back, distancing myself from the characters and their thoughts and describing the scene as if from above so that the reader understands that all of what was just written was merely a poem)

the riddles perplexing me in life are of a time/space variety. how are the two choreographed, how can you be both an object existing in space and also moving through time? and also since you are an object existing in time, what do you do with all that time, when your instinct is to go inward, to the essence of things, which time is always moving you away from. and also theres the riddles of how to write which seem to have vague echoes in life, like how do you make the content of a thing indivisible with the structure of that thing?

You’re the one who brought up Morrissey’s political endorsements. I’d say his endorsement of For Britain was not half-hearted but half-witted.

I didn't bring it up - Mike did - as usual.

Morrissey made a statement about FB because he was under fire for mentioning their name. It wasn't part of a political campaign. And if he hadn't been attacked he would have quietly lost interest in her with her name & party barely mentioned & as forgotten as his support for the Animal welfare party etc etc.....

What lightning quick reflexes you have Skinny. But c'mon 2 minutes? I think you can do better.

Says himself from his own Sesame Street dustbin. Don't you EVER get fed up knocking Morrissey or anything relating to him? And I bet you get a special thrill adding your Oscar The Grouch comment so that you're top of the thread.

E_RIT4UWUAs04HX
Sorry I was moved OT by Uncle twat or FW needs to be dead. Still agree with this 100%

I lived in this apartment and had some loud neighbors. They would have people over and then sit outside and talk loud all night. So one day I was home and this car pulls up. Two guys get out and go into the neighbor's place. I notice out the window that smoke is pouring out the front of the car under the hood. I keep watching and it bursts into flames. It's sitting right under a tree so that could catch fire, too. But the guys from the car didn't see it. I didn't do anything. I just watched it burn. After about five minutes they noticed and came running out but they didn't have fire extinguishers and they were parked too far too get it with the hose.
They called the fire department and it only took another five minutes or so so the car burned for about twelve minutes. When they put it out it was towed away on a flatbed and I never saw it again. I think it was one and done.

Last edited:
:)
HELLO THERE YOUR FRIENDLY COMMIE PLUMBER AT YOUR
SERVICE!:rolleyes:
FC your grandma called a plumber and a commie one turned up??:confused:
Ill fix the plumbing but first you have to sign over the drainage to me?:confused:

dubious at best psycho babble, FC(n)

:hammer:

Back
Top Bottom