Official Manager Statement regarding Morrissey’s health (January 26, 2024)

D6F4A7EB-137A-4C94-842C-C316837ACEA1.jpeg

NealCassady posted news of South America cancellation:

UPDATE 1:50PM PT:

Mexico City cancellation notice posted by On Returning.

Media item:

Last edited by a moderator:
In a music world, where Keef is on stage @ 80, retirement with 64 is not a realistic option. He will always be tempted to do special one-off shows or residencies in Vegas.

That's not true. Or at least, it was hardly the end of the Beatles when they stopped touring. XTC stopped touring and made more records after than before. Syd Barrett went off the deep end and still managed to leave two great solo albums.

Whether an artist can't (or won't) sell tickets, they can still make music.
This was when people still bought records.

Music is his life, surely he will find some way to keep going
There is a very clear way; he returns the advance money to Capitol; he gets back the Bonfire recordings and assuming all the major label doors are closed to him, winds his neck in and approaches an independent label willing to give him a two album deal.

He clearly doesn't have the energy to self release.

This is absolutely nonsense.
“A lot of people kind of hate the new band”

Should read “a few dozen people with mental health problems and access to the internet hate the new band”

90% of the people at Morrissey gigs have little clue of care about who is in the band.

Have a good day 👍
I think Camila dropped by
Also, it's a bit f***ing stupid to say people don't care who is in the band

It most certainly is. I don't know why people thought that it works by sucking on it. Some people just have an aversion to the truth. They'll avoid it any way they can even if it makes them look like imbeciles, lol.
He wasn’t “sucking on it”, he was simply pretending it was a cigarette, in that charming child-like way he has. Just accept it, he has a Vicks inhaler in his pocket onstage sometimes if he’s suffering with nasal congestion, I’ve seen him use it several times during those moments when he’s turned his back on the audience at the end of songs.

This was when people still bought records.

I didn’t say it would be a profitable career. Syd Barrett didn’t make much money from his solo album sales. He was living in a London hotel and had to walk to his mother’s house in Cambridge because he defaulted on the bill. It wasn’t until Pink Floyd became mega-successful without him that people started buying the back catalogue and the royalties began rolling in. But Morrissey already gets royalties, and he presumably self-finances these albums he’s recording. It’s still a career as a singer, even if it goes quiet and reclusive and the material only comes out posthumously. He’d probably collect a modest profit from a self-released album though.

Donnie's evil plan has finally come to fruition. Morrissey is locked away in a sanatorium in the Swiss Alps, as a hostage, never to be heard from again while Donnie posts to Central as Morrissey in the third person and schedules shows Morrissey never shows up to.

And gets a few extra neck tattoos.

Back
Top Bottom