Official Manager Statement regarding Morrissey’s health (January 26, 2024)

D6F4A7EB-137A-4C94-842C-C316837ACEA1.jpeg

NealCassady posted news of South America cancellation:

UPDATE 1:50PM PT:

Mexico City cancellation notice posted by On Returning.

Media item:

Last edited by a moderator:
For all the deniers here:

Who booked gigs in Nottingham, Latin America, Asia, Australia, New Zealand, California? Did fans force Morrissey to announce them?

Did any fan book trips and hotels without any official confirmation of gigs ? Or have some of us responded to official information (ticket sellers, venues) in the way we were expected to (i.e. planning attending the gigs that were announced)?

Given all that, did Morrissey respect the fans? I think lying about disesases (dengue), cancelling gigs without valid reasons (Asia, Australia, New Zealand) or even not being in the country as the gigs were about to happen are just examples of major disregard for fans. A truly unnaceptable behavior. If he was indeed sick no-one would complain. But the lie in Mexico and later behavior cast doubt over any excuse. How can you trust anything when you see him enjoying Paris a few days before cancelling gigs in US and Latin America?

The past months have been a shame. This was a lesson to us all. He is a terrible person who simply doesn't care, plain and simple. Look at how he has treated Marr (and Boz and White?). Look at what he has done to fans. Some may deny all you want, blame those who believed what was promised to them, but the fact is that at some point in time people abandon him and no-one seems to look back. That tells us something.
Exactly.

Also, parsing his statement is a waste of time. He needs a medical reason for the gig cancellations for business/insurance reasons. Tour/venue insurers don't take "I didn't feel like it" as a valid excuse. Hence last-minute grasping for "Dengue fever," "physical exhaustion," etc.

“The purpose of vaccination is to decrease the severity of diseases,” explained University of Tokyo virologist Kei Sato in JAMA. “Many people think that the purpose of vaccination is to prevent infection, but this is wrong.”

In 2021 that statement would be grounds for arrest, extraordinary rendition, and bans from government-sponsored social media.

Most of the people posting on social media about vaccines just do it for the money & attention.

They've created a volitile information enviroment that makes discussing the pros & cons online near impossible.

I’m sorry, but you decided to purchase tickets knowing full well that this artist has cancelled on you not once, but twice before, and you’re upset at him?

Yes of course, they bought those tickets in good faith. Was there a disclaimer on the ticket that he might not show up? When you buy a ticket for an event, you expect that event to happen. I wouldn't be surprised if there will lawsuits about this.

How do pop-stars get physically exhausted when they haven't done anything for months, apart from living a life of luxury?
He hasn't "worked" a day in his life.

we all have work to do.

Not strictly true..he did have a few real jobs.
OK. But since 1982, he's hardly been working in a coal mine or a hospital wiping other people' s back pipes.

I don’t think he would call what he does now a ‘job’. But that’s not to say that it isn’t work.

Yes of course, they bought those tickets in good faith. Was there a disclaimer on the ticket that he might not show up? When you buy a ticket for an event, you expect that event to happen. I wouldn't be surprised if there will lawsuits about this.

2013, 2023 and 2024

ummm, in this case, the person has been cancelled on TWICE before, and still bought tickets a third time!

Now c’mon! with that kind of personal knowledge are you going to go and make the same mistake again and again?!

Use your loaf!

ummm, in this case, the person has been cancelled on TWICE before, and still bought tickets a third time!

Now c’mon, with that kind of personal knowledge are you going to go and make the same mistake again and again?!

Use your loaf!
Well. You are making my point. Less and less fans take that risk. So he gets less and less revenue. And for some dumb reason he booked two nights in a giant venue. This isn’t 95. 0r 05. It’s not even 2022. Way too much has come and gone.

It is very similar to what he did in 1995. He left the Bowie tour . He was fed up with the tour , left the venue one hour before his gig saying he wanted to see his Mum and was rushed to a London hospital ( psychiatric ward apparently).
I have never heard that before... not even in the "he took the tour bus as well" version.

I’m sorry, but you decided to purchase tickets knowing full well that this artist has cancelled on you not once, but twice before, and you’re upset at him?
Ok, so he's allowed to do this, then. It's ok that he doesn't fulfill his commitments because he has done it before, so fine. It's ok to book gigs and leave fans high and dry.

That is a strange logic. Unprofessional, to say the least, as it has been mentioned here. But if you agree with this kind of behavior, ok.

Ok, so he's allowed to do this, then. It's ok that he doesn't fulfill his commitments because he has done it before, so fine. It's ok to book gigs and leave fans high and dry.

That is a strange logic. Unprofessional, to say the least, as it has been mentioned here. But if you agree with this kind of behavior, ok.

Nowhere did I say I agree with that kind of ‘behavior’.

But in general, you might want to reflect upon making better decisions based on your own experiences. And not let things that are out of your control to upset you too much.

And actually I did not buy tickets for 2024. I was hoping for the decency of him honouring the promise of 2023. And in 2023 I did have doubts but, as a fan, I decided to try it anyway. South Americans don't get many chances to see their idols. Perhaps if you're from the US or Europe you may take these chances for granted, but these events don't happen ofter here.

Nowhere did I say I agree with that kind of ‘behavior’.

But in general, you might want to reflect upon making better decisions based on your own experiences. And not let things that are out of your control to upset you too much.
It is the plain disdain that upsets me too much. Accidents happen, I've had tickets for other gigs that were cancelled. They're a part of life.

Being lied to and being despised is what gets me. Probably some people from Nottingham, Asia, Australia, New Zealand and California feel the same, just to keep it within less than 2 years.

Back
Top Bottom