Perth Cancelled

Very disappointing to receive notification of cancellation 8hrs before the Perth Australia show, which has been sold out for months. "Unforeseen circumstances" hours before a gig is really not good enough, particularly with people travelling for the concert. Pissed off is one way to describe the situation.

Screenshot from an anonymous person:

full

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds like we have the same contact as that’s what I was told.
I think so! I also heard members of the band rocked up for sound check earlier today and that’s when they were told Moz was going to be a no show.

“I live in oblivion and it suits me very well.”

Sounds like we have the same contact as that’s what I was told.
If true, what a shitty thing to do, really. And the rest of the band is running around Perth like some (hopefully not clueless) idiots...As some on here already said, he should stop scheduling tours with lots of flights and only a 1 or 2 days in between if can't do it anymore. Would make it easier for everyone. That's just spoiled wannabe top act behaviour, I'm sorry. But that aside, what a saaaaad 40 Years Tour has it been at the end with so much gigs just cancelled? Again a true nightclub act of yesteryear gags comes to mind.

Who is Marianne?
Some old lady with a not partcularly pleasant voice I don't really like.

I worry about the youngsters alone in Australia. I fear they might run out of cute Australian animals soon and that it's all going to end up like in "Carnifex" i.e ( spoiler), no matter how young and nice you are, YOU GET EATEN.

:tears:

I believe he was sighted at a wildlife park yesterday. Someone mentioned in a related post.
"Everyone except him & Jesse have been pictured in Perth (mostly Caversham Wildlife Park)."
FWD.

Tho i agree Gordy, i just wish that with these cancellations there were just a few words from Morrissey himself just explaining why, whether its logistics, illness or whatever. Fans go to great lengths arranging, spending hard earned cash planning for these shows, even if its on your doorstep in Nottingham, or far away like Perth. It would take the sting out of it all, slightly.
As Surface said about the Bunnymen, a few words saying how shit they feel about it would help.
Morrissey has always said very honestly he only does what he wants to do, not the fans, just himself, be it setlists, tours etc, but it would help calm any bad feelings slightly.
Baz has been saying lately on here hes done with it, due to the Nottingham cancellation with no explanation.
If there had of been one i don't think he would be so angry about it.
And with no explanation of course people think whatever they like, which is usually worse than the reality
I dunno, its just sad, maybe he does need to lay off the touring.
toatally agree dan about giving the fans some info,they should make a virtual reality concert of M then he could sit in his living room and no concert will ever be cancelled again.
he will always fill halls, its the size of the halls that will determine his future.

I just think it's part of a plan - rest up for a few decades and come back with the "80 years of Morrissey" tour, with a residency at some swanky care home.

Camila enduring the cancellation:

camgrey-01122023-0001.jpg

camgrey-01122023-0002.jpg

(Carmen possibly with her).

camgrey-01122023-0003.jpg

toatally agree dan about giving the fans some info,they should make a virtual reality concert of M then he could sit in his living room and no concert will ever be cancelled again.
he will always fill halls, its the size of the halls that will determine his future.
And he clearly LOVES being on stage in front of his throng, as he says, singing is his life. Just a few words would help greatly tho.

Or, ask Robbie Williams to stand in for him, just watched his Netflix documentary and he is actually morphing into Moz, looks more like Moz than Rob now. Interesting watch too.

I'm honestly wondering is this the most cancelations we've seen on a tour yet? I want to say it is... but is it?
There's got to be a list somewhere, though my gut says previous tours have been hit harder, Morrissey has only cancelled 13 shows on this tour (so far).

Very disappointing to receive notification of cancellation 8hrs before the Perth Australia show, which has been sold out for months. "Unforeseen circumstances" hours before a gig is really not good enough, particularly with people travelling for the concert. Pissed off is one way to describe the situation.

Screenshot from an anonymous person:

full
Sure it is disappointing - a huge let down to the fans, and no words from management - yet.
Perhaps there is some 'sensible' reason for this to happen again?

I'm sure no one enjoyed making that decision.
I hope all is well with the band, and to the fans, better luck next time! qué sera.

Last edited:
Very glad I didn’t get tickets to either Sydney shows.

I have tix to Sydney and Brisbane. I delayed buying flights. Was gonna make my travel arrangements as soon as the house lights went down in Perth. Now I don't know if I should roll the dice....

What a dilemma.

Back
Top Bottom