"You'll Never Walk Alone"

D

DaddyG

Hey There

Quick Question:

Morrissey used to have a song, I think by Shirley Bassey , something like "You'll Never Walk Alone" playing at the end of his concerts.

Does anyone know the true song name and if it is Shirley Bassey??

Thanks

It is called "You'll Never Walk Alone", which is a famous spiritual song sung my hundreds of people. Shirley Bassey does sing it.

Why would Morrissey use a song associated with Liverpool FC? ( it is the same one isn't it ?) (sorry to talk about football again!)¿ It is called "You'll Never Walk Alone", which is a¿ famous spiritual song sung my hundreds of people. Shirley Bassey¿ does sing it.

> It is called "You'll Never Walk Alone", which is a¿ famous spiritual song sung my hundreds of people. Shirley Bassey¿ does sing it.

I love that song she did with the Propellerheads. Ginger Spice totally ripped it off for her first single.

And, ah, I like 'You'll never walk again' by the the the the the the. Supergrass! (?)

> It is called "You'll Never Walk Alone", which is a¿ famous spiritual song sung my hundreds of people. Shirley Bassey¿ does sing it.

Great, thanks.

I cannot seem to locate which album of Bassey's, this might be on.
DO you know of any other good recordings of this song??
ie. Sinatra??

Thanks

Re: "You'll Never Walk Alonei in RUGBY"

Shirley Bassey is Welsh, and so am I. We sat together in the same stadium on Saturday to watch Wales trounce Canada. England stuffed USA's arse, but we stuffed!!!!!(hmm) Englands arse. Think this maybe the wrong discussion board, ooooopppppps.
Oh yeah, does anyone think that Morrissey likes Rugby, i mean all that homoerotic imagery, with dashes of violence, come on he must love it.¿ Thanks

He's a League fan NOT union. Why would he want to watch a bunch of Sloan Rangers running about a field. ( Salford RL probably )¿ Shirley Bassey is Welsh, and so am I. We sat together in the¿ same stadium on Saturday to watch Wales trounce Canada. England¿ stuffed USA's arse, but we stuffed!!!!!(hmm) Englands arse.¿ Think this maybe the wrong discussion board, ooooopppppps.¿ Oh yeah, does anyone think that Morrissey likes Rugby, i mean¿ all that homoerotic imagery, with dashes of violence, come on he¿ must love it.

"YNWA" was written by some famous American songwriter (Rogers or Hammerstein, that kind of thing) for some musical whose name escapes me. It was covered in 1963 by the British Merseybeat band Gerry and the Pacemakers and was a big hit. It subsequently became the theme tune of Liverpool football club, whose Kop End would roar out the words. It's come to be something of a footy anthem and is also played as the closing song for school discos and stuff, like "Goodnight Irene" is in America, I suppose.

Thats fair enough - English rugby union fans are southern middle class aresholes (unlike your Welsh fans of course)

Back
Top Bottom