Req: Lifeguard On Duty & Happy Lovers United MP3

Thx heaps Motor for posting these.

Sorry to be a downer but my excitement and anticipation of downloading these was quickly dampened once I heard "Happy Lovers". "lifeguard" doesn't sound much better. Clumsy lyrics and melodies.

No wonder they were kept under lock and key all this time. I should give them a few listens I guess but first compressions aren't good.

The others which I already have like PHTCAL. born to hang, strip and Oh phoney are still great!!!

Last edited:
Thx heaps Motor for posting these.

Sorry to be a downer but my excitement and anticipation of downloading these was quickly dampened once I heard "Happy Lovers". "lifeguard" doesn't sound much better. Clumsy lyrics and melodies.

No wonder they were kept under lock and key all this time. I should give them a few listens I guess but first compressions aren't good.

Initially I had the same kind of reactions, maybe because Moz has evolved so much since that time. But after many more listens I can say that "Happy Lovers" and "lifeguard" are growing on me. It's a different but I am liking them more and more.

amazing bootleg!

the sound is superb. Only for "help the cause against loneliness" with this quality it´s already worth the download!

and I cant believe some people here say those unreleased tracks are bad, they are INCREDIBLE, two of my favorite Morrissey tracks in a long time, honestly, they´re fantastic: simple, jangly, beautiful.

thanks a lot to the uploader, you made my day.

Last edited:
The more I listen to Happy Lovers, the more I like it. It's quintessential Morrissey, the vocalisation, the intonation, the....Morrissey-ness of it all. It's Morrissey at his lyrical best. I really do think so.

Peter

This is fantastic!

One more request:
Can someone scan the cover art (front & back)? I know it's asking a lot but I know a lot of people will want to burn this to CD so...

jd

Oh ok, thanks!
It's a great version of Striptease... it has some keyboards that weren't there before.

I don't hear anything different.. where in the song should I listen?

I don't hear anything different.. where in the song should I listen?

I didn't express myself very well there. I already had what seems to be this version of Striptease that appears on the Revelation LP, but terrible quality. The file ended up in some folder buried in the depths of my file system.

When I wrote that I compared the Striptease from the Revelation LP with another Striptease track I have, of much higher quality, which resides beautifully inside my iTunes.

This Striptease track seems to be just a few seconds shorter and the keyboards are certainly different and much less evident.

The reason why this track was in my iTunes is because it was my attempt to put together what would be the bonus CD on Suedehead The Best of, which you can download if you want:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/gk15ke

suedey.png

In case anybody is having problems downloading this, here´s another upload to Rapidshare. I recommend it, I think you will like it!

This is A NEW VERSION with some changes:

- enhanced sound in all tracks (more volume)
- updated tags
- correct track order
- vinyl noises, clips, etcetera edited out

this is my way of saying thanks to the original uploader. All credit goes to him. I simply downloaded his version and did some changes

Here´s the link: http://rapidshare.com/files/310574627/_2009__REVELATION_bootleg_album__rare_tracks_.rar

Last edited:
In case anybody is having problems downloading this, here´s another upload to Rapidshare. I recommend it, I think you will like it!

This is A NEW VERSION with some changes:

- enhanced sound in all tracks (more volume)
- updated tags
- correct track order
- vinyl noises, clips, etcetera edited out

this is my way of saying thanks to the original uploader. All credit goes to him. I simply downloaded his version and did some changes (which also means there is still a "crack" on the first track).

Here´s the link: http://rapidshare.com/files/309677283/_2009__REVELATION_bootleg_album__rare_tracks_.rar.html

can you please reupload through mediafire or megaupload...rapidshare has reached it's limit!

Thank you!

wow - Lifeguard on Duty is really frickin' good!!!!!

"A baseball bat bat across the collar bone"!!!!! Incredible!

Back
Top Bottom