Roundhouse re-scheduled dates likely to be 8th, 9th & 10th Feb.

Re: Anyone know when the rescheduled dates will be?

nps, just been watching the videos from the 26th.

quite worried about Doncaster now :( I'd rather he waited and did a full show that was good, than try to sing and have to cancel a few songs in though.

Well I posted that as a response to what I perceived as a silly question.
Do you really think someone on here would know of any rescheduled dates, 30 mins after the gigs are officially cancelled?
Do you not think that the news will break out via TTU or this website or emails / anouncements from the promoters etc?

I know we all want to know the answer, but come on, give it more than 30 mins before asking....
We dont even know how long the doctor will order Morrissey to rest yet so how can anyone start looking at other dates......?:confused:

This is a message i found from ... mick ransommich -- Friday January 25 2008, @02:37PM ... on the main page tour threads...

I've just had a couple of texts from a friend who attended tonight's gig - his friend has backstage access as he is an old friend of Boz.. as he saw it, due to the current situation with Moz - the rest of the U.K. dates planned until next weekend are in serious doubt. I realise that this post looks like scaremongering - but this info i've had is entirely genuine.. Let's hope this does not happen. I'm due to go next week too. It was real bad luck for those who went tonight.

[end of message]

.......Like i said. Some people know people who know people. Not such a silly question i asked really.

Well Russell Brand say's you lot behaved like animals on Friday.

Well Russell Brand say's you lot behaved like animals on Friday.

I would agree with that, from what i've seen on the youtube video. It was probably bad taste of them to try and get David Walliams to sing a song, not a lot of people are going to be in a great frame of mind for comedy after being told Moz cant sing anymore. But it wasn't really their fault, and they were just trying to help. Throwing bottles is what football hooligans do, not Moz fans. Ah well.

How is Russel anyway Prisoner77? Is he keeping his hands to himself?

Russel is not dating a 14 year old if that's what you're thinking.

Russel is not dating a 14 year old if that's what you're thinking.

Lol, hmm. Ok. I guess he has learnt not to sexually consume anything that has breath in its body. Good for him!

Just got email from Roundhouse

"Dear MR M Bassist-in-a-tutu

We're writing to inform you that MORRISSEY at Roundhouse
on 27/01/2008 has been postponed. Once the new date is confirmed you will be informed.

Tickets will remain valid for the re-scheduled show, or if you prefer,a refund for the face value of the tickets can be obtained by returning your tickets
no later than 1 week prior to any new date to,
See Tickets, 4th Floor, Norfolk House, Upper Parliament Street, Nottingham NG1 2AB, with a copy of this e-mail."

I await further news with baited breath!

I notice we don't get the 10% booking fee refunded!

At least, for me I get too look forwards to whatever is to come next. I do feel realy sorry for thse from overseas though! If it was me I think I would still be crying! :(

I turn 18 on the 12th. Please can it be rescheduled then!!!

Hopefully they'll be rescheduled at the end of February (xD) so I get a decent chance to arrange for flights and hostel again + some company.

:guitar:

I'm really sad I won't be able to make any rescheduled dates, it justs costs too much for me to get to London. Hope most of you do get to the new dates when they're announced, though, and hope Moz gets well soon. :(

The man at the Roundhouse reception said the venue is pretty well booked up for the near future, so will depend on when they are free. I hope that doesn't mean a Saturday night gig will be re-scheduled for a Tuesday or something or I've had it.

Who's to say the rescheduled dates will be at The Roundhouse?

Quite right, but I wish they'd do it at the Roundhouse if only for the lovely staff. They have been uncommonly kind and professional. I have nothing but praise for them.

That said, I don't even think I could attend any rescheduled dates at the Roundhouse. I'm just hoping it would be at the Roundhouse again for the others who can attend any rescheduled dates.

i hope its on a later date since im going home on the 4th of feb and have an appoiuntment on the 8th of feb

Bloody hell. Your the 3rd person to be a bit shirty with me. i've just logged on after work to check the forum responses and lo-behold everyhting i said has something to pick on.

I think people should chill out. It's just a forum. I'm sorry if i ask 'silly questions' i just thought someone on here may be close enough and know enough to be maybe in the process of trying to find out. Maybe there is an ex roadie or someone who knows someone who knows someone who knows Morriseys tour manager...maybe someone helped with fetching tea for the lighting crew cos they were on an apprentaship....I DUNNO...maybe people should just stop being so serious.

It's just a bloody forum. Not an institute.

poor you .. its your turn dont worry it will pass

poor you .. its your turn dont worry it will pass

lol, thanks mate. It's just really bloomin annoyin the way people seem to go all up in arms about things cos i happen to ask a question that seems pointless or stupid, and i just think, let us chill with a blem and some carling, who cares. Honnestly. Lol. Just think there is a lot of pointless sarcasm here. Hope you are well... You know, as i just typed that, i realised i have never asked that on here. You're a first. So yea, hope you're well :)

Who's to say the rescheduled dates will be at The Roundhouse?

Another option would be scheduling a bigger London venue - Alexandra Palace or Brixton Academy - and playing only 1 or 2 nights to cover the ticket allocation of 3 at The Roundhouse.

Whatever, we'll have to wait until tomorrow...

His contract is with the Roundhouse. People have paid to see him in a small venue. I'm not having a go but it's a tad silly of you to suggest or speculate the gigs could/should be moved.

I should say that when the dates were announced I said, on this very site, that his voice would not last the whole run. I'm very sad to have been proved right, believe me.

Same as everyone, I had the cancellation email. At the bottom it said called Seetix for info, so I did. They said they knew nothing. I said, why put your number on the email then?! Idiots. They've been poor throughout this debacle.

My real fear is that these gigs get rescheduled between Feb 13-17 because I'm out of the country, in NY, then!! ARGH. Fingers are crossed. As a wristband type, I don't have any actual tickets - I wonder how much they'll f*ck up when trying to sort out the wristband peeps? I would imagine/hope they'll just hand out a second set of wristbands. I'd asked See about this in that pointless phone call and they said just take the band off - after all, I couldn't keep wearing it for weeks until these dates are rescheduled! What a mess this is. And I don't think it's over yet...

Quite right, but I wish they'd do it at the Roundhouse if only for the lovely staff. They have been uncommonly kind and professional. I have nothing but praise for them.

That said, I don't even think I could attend any rescheduled dates at the Roundhouse. I'm just hoping it would be at the Roundhouse again for the others who can attend any rescheduled dates.

The staff working inside the venue, yes. The security and box office staff were unhelpful, rude, dismissive and mean all last week. In partticular the woman handing out wristbands - if I behaved like that towards customers in my job I would quite rightly expect to get my ass fired.

The staff working inside the venue, yes. The security and box office staff were unhelpful, rude, dismissive and mean all last week. In partticular the woman handing out wristbands - if I behaved like that towards customers in my job I would quite rightly expect to get my ass fired.

The security outside the venue were very kind to me as well. The only people I noticed who were unhelpful, dismissive, etc. were the people involved with the wristbands -- they were from the promoter, SJM, not the Roundhouse! The SJM people were even snippy to the Roundhouse staff. All around unprofessional and unpleasant, SJM representatives were.

As for suggesting that Morrissey has a contract with the Roundhouse and that therefore the rescheduled dates must be at the Roundhouse, that is untrue. The contract is with SJM, the promoter. SJM will reschedule where they see fit. Unfortunately, the Roundhouse is booked up. : ( If the dates are rescheduled soon and following one after another, I highly doubt all three will be at the Roundhouse. They might be able to do it at the Roundhouse if scheduled later.

Back
Top Bottom