Russell Brand

If the car he wants only has leather seats, he could easily pay to have them changed. He's a millionaire.

I think it would be better to buy the car used, because even if he changes the material on a new car, his money would have still registered as a monetary "aye" to Jaguar for leather seats.

:confused:

This goes back to you thinking Morrissey inept and credulous. He gets his opinions from his "crew?" What is he, a fourteen-yr-old gangsta wannabe? He's an intelligent man. He is personally acquainted with Ingrid Newkirk. He is friends with his fellow PETA campaigner Chrissie Hynde, who I believe lives in England. He is perfectly capable of locating a UK animal rights figure on his own, or else relying on decent people other than some "crew" to inform him.

No - I think scammers - like the creep - are evil c***s who can take in the smartest of people.

I think it would be better to buy the car used, because even if he changes the material on a new car, his money would have still registered as a monetary "aye" to Jaguar for leather seats.

Yeah. He may as well throw a saddle on a cow and ride it around. Though I guess that would get him … nowhere fast.

No - I think scammers - like the creep - are evil c***s who can take in the smartest of people.
See "Steven I'm-not-a-racist Morrissey" for further details. He's certainly taken you in and, as almost anybody on this site can see, you're undoubtedly one of "the smartest of people".

:unsure:

You said, "scammers - like the creep - are evil c***s who can take in the smartest of people." But you also said the "creep" (unnamed) had been lobbying Morrissey's "crew" (unnamed). Well, where is Morrissey in all this? I have a hard time believing Sam Esty Rayner and Donnie Knutson, if they're the crew, are "the smartest of people." I figured you were reserving that category for Morrissey. So did the creep bypass these losers and talk to Morrissey himself, or what?

Because otherwise your theory is that Morrissey was suckered (by proxy) by a creep who suckered a British nepo baby and a Texas hipster-goon. Which would make Morrissey himself not the smartest of people. Which is why I said you make Morrissey look credulous.

Last edited:
How is 'fash' or 'fasc' defined?

Would it be possible to mention at least Russell Brand once per page?

In this case I'm defining it as "I can connect you to the BNP's milieu because you really should have deleted those ancient posts I found".

The far right have been punting Russell pretty heavily because having someone who used to be on the 'left' promoting some of their talking points is seen as a way of pulling in more unsuspecting voters. It'll fizzle.

In this case I'm defining it as "I can connect you to the BNP's milieu because you really should have deleted those ancient posts I found".

The far right have been punting Russell pretty heavily because having someone who used to be on the 'left' promoting some of their talking points is seen as a way of pulling in more unsuspecting voters. It'll fizzle.
I don't know. A BNP link is specific so rarely applicable, yet I seem to recall you using the word more than occasionally when referring to a number of Morrissey fans here and abroad. If that's so, your definition must be about much more than just BNP involvement. It isn't a label to throw around lightly, in these serious times.

George Monbiot says in this interview that fascism, admittedly usually far-right, above all needs billionaire backing, and seems to imply that by now, it's systemic.

"What we are asking people to do – to resist this monstrous system – is very difficult, but not as difficult as what other people have faced in the past...neo-liberal ideology has transformed a system that worked more or less in the interests of the people into one that works in the interests of big business...That’s what the right always says [i.e. recently, former French president Nicolas Sarkozy said that the real problem is not climate change but demographics.] It’s a way of shifting the blame from consumers in the rich world to the poorest people on the planet...But there is a real demographic crisis, and that is the livestock crisis, which is growing by 2.4% a year..."

Novelist Umberto Eco draw up this diagnostic 14-point list to identify fascism:
  • The cult of tradition. “One has only to look at the syllabus of every fascist movement to find the major traditionalist thinkers. The Nazi gnosis was nourished by traditionalist, syncretistic, occult elements.”
  • The rejection of modernism. “The Enlightenment, the Age of Reason, is seen as the beginning of modern depravity. In this sense Ur-Fascism can be defined as irrationalism.”
  • The cult of action for action’s sake. “Action being beautiful in itself, it must be taken before, or without, any previous reflection. Thinking is a form of emasculation.”
  • Disagreement is treason. “The critical spirit makes distinctions, and to distinguish is a sign of modernism. In modern culture the scientific community praises disagreement as a way to improve knowledge.”
  • Fear of difference. “The first appeal of a fascist or prematurely fascist movement is an appeal against the intruders. Thus Ur-Fascism is racist by definition.”
  • Appeal to social frustration. “One of the most typical features of the historical fascism was the appeal to a frustrated middle class, a class suffering from an economic crisis or feelings of political humiliation, and frightened by the pressure of lower social groups.”
  • The obsession with a plot. “Thus at the root of the Ur-Fascist psychology there is the obsession with a plot, possibly an international one. The followers must feel besieged.”
  • The enemy is both strong and weak. “By a continuous shifting of rhetorical focus, the enemies are at the same time too strong and too weak.”
  • Pacifism is trafficking with the enemy. “For Ur-Fascism there is no struggle for life but, rather, life is lived for struggle.”
  • Contempt for the weak. “Elitism is a typical aspect of any reactionary ideology.”
  • Everybody is educated to become a hero. “In Ur-Fascist ideology, heroism is the norm. This cult of heroism is strictly linked with the cult of death.
  • Machismo and weaponry. “Machismo implies both disdain for women and intolerance and condemnation of nonstandard sexual habits, from chastity to homosexuality.”
  • Selective populism. “There is in our future a TV or Internet populism, in which the emotional response of a selected group of citizens can be presented and accepted as the Voice of the People.”
  • Ur-Fascism speaks Newspeak. “All the Nazi or Fascist schoolbooks made use of an impoverished vocabulary, and an elementary syntax, in order to limit the instruments for complex and critical reasoning.”
  • ---- https://www.openculture.com/2016/11...ist-of-the-14-common-features-of-fascism.html
Eco reckons that the presence of just one of these traits can be the calling card for all the others i.e. they reinforce each other. Still, I and people I know sometimes display one or more of these traits, without turning into monsters. Scope for interpretation, and the variety of human nature should be allowed, imo. We're certainly on Russell Brand's page in churning over topics like this!

1710544213145.jpeg

I don't know. A BNP link is specific so rarely applicable, yet I seem to recall you using the word more than occasionally when referring to a number of Morrissey fans here and abroad. If that's so, your definition must be about much more than just BNP involvement. It isn't a label to throw around lightly, in these serious times.

George Monbiot says in this interview that fascism, admittedly usually far-right, above all needs billionaire backing, and seems to imply that by now, it's systemic.

"What we are asking people to do – to resist this monstrous system – is very difficult, but not as difficult as what other people have faced in the past...neo-liberal ideology has transformed a system that worked more or less in the interests of the people into one that works in the interests of big business...That’s what the right always says [i.e. recently, former French president Nicolas Sarkozy said that the real problem is not climate change but demographics.] It’s a way of shifting the blame from consumers in the rich world to the poorest people on the planet...But there is a real demographic crisis, and that is the livestock crisis, which is growing by 2.4% a year..."

Novelist Umberto Eco draw up this diagnostic 14-point list to identify fascism:
  • The cult of tradition. “One has only to look at the syllabus of every fascist movement to find the major traditionalist thinkers. The Nazi gnosis was nourished by traditionalist, syncretistic, occult elements.”
  • The rejection of modernism. “The Enlightenment, the Age of Reason, is seen as the beginning of modern depravity. In this sense Ur-Fascism can be defined as irrationalism.”
  • The cult of action for action’s sake. “Action being beautiful in itself, it must be taken before, or without, any previous reflection. Thinking is a form of emasculation.”
  • Disagreement is treason. “The critical spirit makes distinctions, and to distinguish is a sign of modernism. In modern culture the scientific community praises disagreement as a way to improve knowledge.”
  • Fear of difference. “The first appeal of a fascist or prematurely fascist movement is an appeal against the intruders. Thus Ur-Fascism is racist by definition.”
  • Appeal to social frustration. “One of the most typical features of the historical fascism was the appeal to a frustrated middle class, a class suffering from an economic crisis or feelings of political humiliation, and frightened by the pressure of lower social groups.”
  • The obsession with a plot. “Thus at the root of the Ur-Fascist psychology there is the obsession with a plot, possibly an international one. The followers must feel besieged.”
  • The enemy is both strong and weak. “By a continuous shifting of rhetorical focus, the enemies are at the same time too strong and too weak.”
  • Pacifism is trafficking with the enemy. “For Ur-Fascism there is no struggle for life but, rather, life is lived for struggle.”
  • Contempt for the weak. “Elitism is a typical aspect of any reactionary ideology.”
  • Everybody is educated to become a hero. “In Ur-Fascist ideology, heroism is the norm. This cult of heroism is strictly linked with the cult of death.
  • Machismo and weaponry. “Machismo implies both disdain for women and intolerance and condemnation of nonstandard sexual habits, from chastity to homosexuality.”
  • Selective populism. “There is in our future a TV or Internet populism, in which the emotional response of a selected group of citizens can be presented and accepted as the Voice of the People.”
  • Ur-Fascism speaks Newspeak. “All the Nazi or Fascist schoolbooks made use of an impoverished vocabulary, and an elementary syntax, in order to limit the instruments for complex and critical reasoning.”
  • ---- https://www.openculture.com/2016/11...ist-of-the-14-common-features-of-fascism.html
Eco reckons that the presence of just one of these traits can be the calling card for all the others i.e. they reinforce each other. Still, I and people I know sometimes display one or more of these traits, without turning into monsters. Scope for interpretation, and the variety of human nature should be allowed, imo. We're certainly on Russell Brand's page in churning over topics like this!

View attachment 102564

It's applicable.

It's applicable.
What's it? Then applicable to what? You can't expect people to bother if you don't at least try to be clear. Also, it's reasonable that I and others may differ from you in our opinions about what is taking place. I'll come back and read if you decide to add something that can be followed more easily. Maybe engaging isn't part of your game at all. Maybe you've already morphed into the quintessential social media operator, as identified here and here? :brows:

I just notice you responded in the Strange... thread to what I posted about the Rotterdam punk scene, a press story, saying "It's been five years". Again that 'it'. Sorry, not enough. Say what you mean please.

And then you said that "the careful thing to do is to shut up about it. Chuck your Smiths albums out or don't" !!

Was your reply moved to off-topic since? Dunno. But tbh, more often than not, you're the one who's producing evidence from the archives of all sorts, liberally surmising, and not shutting up about it. Don't you see?

Last edited:
What's it? Then applicable to what? You can't expect people to bother if you don't at least try to be clear. Also, it's reasonable that I and others may differ from you in our opinions about what is taking place. I'll come back and read if you decide to add something that can be followed more easily. Maybe engaging isn't part of your game at all. Maybe you've already morphed into the quintessential social media operator, as identified here and here? :brows:

I just notice you responded in the Strange... thread to what I posted about the Rotterdam punk scene, a press story, saying "It's been five years". Again that 'it'. Sorry, not enough. Say what you mean please.

And then you said that "the careful thing to do is to shut up about it. Chuck your Smiths albums out or don't" !!

Was your reply moved to off-topic since? Dunno. But tbh, more often than not, you're the one who's producing evidence from the archives of all sorts, liberally surmising, and not shutting up about it. Don't you see?

It's clear if you read the thing I'm responding to.

Re. the Strange thread - it's been five years since he wore that stinking badge the thing referred to in the article. I deleted because I couldn't really be arsed. It just annoys me that journalists perpetually promote things they're supposedly condemning. If you compare the few things Morrissey said years ago to their acres of continuing coverage then the journalists are the ones that should be cancelled.

It's clear if you read the thing I'm responding to.

Re. the Strange thread - it's been five years since he wore that stinking badge the thing referred to in the article. I deleted because I couldn't really be arsed. It just annoys me that journalists perpetually promote things they're supposedly condemning. If you compare the few things Morrissey said years ago to their acres of continuing coverage then the journalists are the ones that should be cancelled.
You couldn’t be arsed? Yes! There is an end in sight.
Please, just don’t be arsed ever coming here and de-railing every thread ever again. There is so much injustice for you to fight elsewhere on the internet.

Back
Top Bottom