Morrissey Central "SAY IT LOUD, SAY IT LOUD MALADJUSTED AND PROUD" (March 17, 2024)

cbb9cf16172cb9ad91d87a1ed724dd9119131b04.jpg

ed98fee0886e47f5fe97275b55208919ddc85744.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Forgets to commemorate two recent albums - remembers an August release...🤔
FWD.

Never saw that other sleeve. Where does it come from?

Underrated album, especially with the bonus tracks.

Probably the last classic Morrissey album.

Forever my second favorite Morrissey album. And the album that got me into his music, sometime around 2002-2003.

But I’m not sure how appropriating black civil rights slogans (which is how it will be construed by some) will work to his advantage in any way. But it reminded me of this masterpiece of a song:

Maybe he's just telling us he is proud to be Maladjusted.

Yeah, believe it’s just the connection to MLK’s statement, which I’m hearing for the first time. Yes, to proudly be outside of this society, though we still are, but those who feel and know, do their best

I love that he put the original cover on the post and not the new one, I really have a special fondness for the rawness and awkwardness of this cover, he looks so vulnerable and relatable, something that completely vanished since his comeback in the 2000s. The whole album is definetely underrated, it's one of my favourites from the solo years. But strange, that he also put a "hoax" one under it too, although I must say, I think the quiffless period was his hottest/he looked the best:hearteyes:

Edit: and I'm definetely not questioning, why the MLK video is posted twice and they chose a photo of a packed CD instead of a high resolution image....😂

I think if you're not maladjusted seeing all that's going on around you then there is something much more serious wrong with you mentally.

Jiddu Krishnamurti talked about this subject a lot:
It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society.

Is society healthy, that an individual should return to it? Has not society itself helped to make the individual unhealthy? Of course, the unhealthy must be made healthy, that goes without saying; but why should the individual adjust himself to an unhealthy society? If he is healthy, he will not be a part of it. Without first questioning the health of society, what is the good of helping misfits to conform to society? - Commentaries on Living Series 3 (1960)

To help the individual to fit into a society which is ever at war with itself – is this what psychologists and analysts are supposed to do? Is the individual to be healed only in order to kill or be killed? If one is not killed, or driven insane, then must one only fit into the structure of hate, envy, ambition and superstition which can be very scientific? - Attributed to Krishnamurti in Mark Vonnegut's (Kurt Vonnegut’s son) book The Eden Express: A Memoir of Insanity (1975).

The real hopeless victims of mental illness are to be found among those who appear to be most normal. Many of them are normal because they are so well adjusted to our mode of existence, because their human voice has been silenced so early in their lives that they do not even struggle or suffer or develop symptoms as the neurotic does. They are normal not in what may be called the absolute sense of the word; they are normal only in relation to a profoundly abnormal society. Their perfect adjustment to that abnormal society is a measure of their mental sickness. These millions of abnormally normal people, living without fuss in a society to which, if they were fully human beings, they ought not to be adjusted. - Brave New World Revisited (1958) - Aldous Huxley.

Henry Miller (who was inspired by Krishnamurti), from his travelogue The Colossus of Maroussi (1941): There is no salvation in becoming adapted to a world which is crazy.

We love you, M. Never change. 🖤

Last edited:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom