So did anything happen for his birthday party gig?

Re: Paging UNCLE SKINNY or Dan Brown

Oi, Uncle Skinny! Would you please interpret the symbols for us. You did such a fine job last time! :thumb:

Hmm. I did get one last night but I gave it to the estimable Grim O'Grady at the S&G. I'll see what I can do. Like a Dan Brown book, all this...

Peter

Re: Paging UNCLE SKINNY or Dan Brown

Well I'm no Dan Brown but one is a horn, you know, like those things on top of the devil's head? Deep. Good thing you were all wearing them. The one in the middle looks like a pipe wrench but I've been plumbing a lot lately so my mind might be making that out from repetition, hard to tell.

I can't make it out - is there a higher resolution picture available?

Peter

Hmmm...that's the only one I know of. You can choose to magnify it on the flickr site. This is the best I can do:
3555531562_791efb9937_b.jpg

I have no idea what the thing is at the top. At first, in the smaller piccy, I thought it was an acorn (from which mighty oaks grow?). Now it looks like one of those Rorschach designs, like do you see an old crone or a young woman? Now I see a duck...or is it a witch? Maybe if we try to drown it...

The middle symbol looks either like a wrench (symbolizing a saboteur throwing a wrench into the works?) or a pair of calipers (to measure body fat? heh heh)

Bottom symbol is clearly a horn...or is it? No Allegiances has used it their YOR designs to symbolize a cornucopia (horn of plenty) with the message being you reap what you sow.

Worm asked you in that other thread to give it up, Dan Brown, errr Uncle Skinny! :p

I think the top one is Officer Peaches, whom with which you should not f***.

It probably is calipers, or KALIpers, goddess of destruction/renewal:

275px-Kali_Devi.jpg

She stands on Shivas head because she's benevolent and has to subdue his wild meditations or whatever, hence the horn on the bottom which is the same horn in Shiva's mouth. So since Morrissey stands on a stage ABOVE all of you with your horns around your necks disguised as a party favor, acting out a sea of Shiva or in some other teachings a dragon, Morrissey is Kali telling all of you with his hand in I'm OK BY Myself, that he doesn't need your benevolence 'cause it ain't really doing much for him but he's going through the motions because he's at heart a good person, blah, blah, blah. All he really wants is his life back.

Hmmm. Still can't make out the top one. The middle one is a plumber's wrench, not sure about that, must keep on thinking. All I can think about the bottom one - it looks like a victorian ear-trumpet - Beethoven Was Deaf? Is it something to do with live albums? Who knows?

Peter

And it's way more complicated than that because the song is sung in two voices, it's one of his battle songs between bitching Gods, but there's a reason he's dressed in all black and flips his hands around, he's showing the different hands of Kali. But Kali couldn't have been reincarnated into a gentler person so don't thinking "I'm skeered" because this is the essential nature of the concept of "redeemer" or whatever. And for the record do you know how huge the pantheon of Gods are? This lame analysis could go on for decades, let's just look at his old footage and let him retire, or better yet, let's just assume I made all this shit up because I'm nuts and after Morrissey wraps up his ginormous tour :mad: let him be his quiet, Oscar wilde rading, vegetarian self without demanding he have to interact with throngs of people and be amazing. He's just a man.

Aww and Julia is there too.That wont cause any tension :gun:
Im leaving this thread now..

yeah I got piffed.

Anyone wait at the stage door? We got a good gander of him leaving. Saw his family and Linder Sterling too. Top night apart from the no sleep.

Hmmm. Still can't make out the top one. The middle one is a plumber's wrench, not sure about that, must keep on thinking. All I can think about the bottom one - it looks like a victorian ear-trumpet - Beethoven Was Deaf? Is it something to do with live albums? Who knows?

Peter

The answer, via No Allegiances:
http://www.noallegiances.com/

The icons represent Manchester, privacy and refusal

:thumb:

Well, on the invite, at least.

Last edited:
The middle one looks like a set of vernier callipers to me, rather than a plumbers wrench

caliper.gif

Dave

Wow, what time was this? I waited until about half twelve.

It was around 1:45 when Moz came out. I was freezing but it was worth it. Linder left first though about 1 ish and his family not long after. He had a T-shirt on (can anyone remember what was on it? Smiths?) and beads...awww:blushing:

The answer, via No Allegiances:
http://www.noallegiances.com/

The icons represent Manchester, privacy and refusal

:thumb:

Well, on the invite, at least.

Thanks for pointing us to the answer, but actually, according to No Allegiances what is represented on the necklace would be refusal (what is that icon?!), squeezing, and RSVP-ing. The icon that makes the most sense is squeezing. Who RSVPs with a horn? Well, ther eare not many obvious symbols for RSVPing, so....

I don't see how the top icon translates to Manchester on the invite either.

I like how Morrissey turned 22 on May the 50th. We've made a happy man very old.

I don't see how the top icon translates to Manchester on the invite either.

Is the top icon (on the party invite) a bee? The bee is the symbol of Manchester, representing the industriousness of the city (ie 'busy bee'). I can't make the top symbol on the 'necklacy thing' into a bee though, although I'm still not sure what it is.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom