Sorry, but Morrissey is not playing America this year....

The Goat

Banned
I hate to be the bearer of bad news to our American cousins.... BUT.... Morrisey is not playing America this year.
Today I bought tickets to see The Polecats - original line up including Boz Boorer - for Saturday 11th Nov and I know they are also playing in Dublin and presumably other venues too.
Today is the 1st October and with no other Morrissey gigs announced other than the Germany shows in December, it is clear that any other concerts are going to be extremely doubtful. So please, our American cousins, do not delude yourselves any longer that The Man is going to appear on your shores by the end of the year.
Naturally, for your sakes, I hope I am wrong. But it is time to face facts and accept that it is not going to happen......
The Goat

I apologise humbly for spelling Morrissey's name incorrectly

Just re-read my post and am aghast that I have spelt His name with only one 'S'. I have had a few beers whilst typing these messages.
I have now thrashed my self with a non leather whip 50 times, whilst begging for forgiveness.

The Goat

Good point. Had I'd been sober I would have thought of that.....
The 'Hic' Goat

sadly I think your right...

I really have a gut feeling he will be announcing them sometime this week and if he does not, then I will give up for this year.

America, not the best place, but tour please.. I know you're mad with us but you have fans here, fans that want to see you so badly it hurts..so compassion us, flatter us.

America, here you come, please.

Danielle

Re: I apologise humbly for spelling Morrissey's name incorrectly

I have now thrashed my self with a non leather whip 50 times, whilst begging for forgiveness.

The Goat

Non-leather whip!!! I pissed my pants! I really did!
Besides: Isn't St. Louis still part of the states? I remember him typing that they're doing a show there later this year. And I doubt that this will be the only date... unless he's meeting the parents ;) Asking for Kristeen's hand ;) ;) ;) [da capo ad infinitum]

Non-leather whip!!! I pissed my pants! I really did!
Besides: Isn't St. Louis still part of the states? I remember him typing that they're doing a show there later this year. And I doubt that this will be the only date... unless he's meeting the parents ;) Asking for Kristeen's hand ;) ;) ;) [da capo ad infinitum]

Exactly my thoughts, I thought it was funny, when someone on here replied to a thread about coming to St. Louis because it's where Kristeen is from, by saying " Touring her bedroom, maybe" I mean shes only sixteen, and of course if I had the chance to do anything with Moz I would and im 14, but if he is coming to st. louis he should do a few dates in US, although he prolly wont be coming South...damn

Exactly my thoughts, I thought it was funny, when someone on here replied to a thread about coming to St. Louis because it's where Kristeen is from, by saying " Touring her bedroom, maybe" I mean shes only sixteen, and of course if I had the chance to do anything with Moz I would and im 14, but if he is coming to st. louis he should do a few dates in US, although he prolly wont be coming South...damn

I'm quite sure I've read somewhere she was born in 1976?

Who said she was 16?

Well being curious and jealous, I did quite a bit of research on miss. Kristeen Young, and im almost sure I read she was sixteen maybe a tad older like 17 or 18, but maybe not.. sorry if im wrong Demon, I'll check agian.. but I have seen pics she looked young to me..

I like the idea of a bedroom-tour... so many possible puns (seated, sold out... I better stop). And she's really 16:eek: ? I mean I read that once or twice but I thought people just wanted to say: "Damn, she's young!". Where the hell are the parents? Could somebody get her off the stage and force her to finish school or something? She's really annoying... and believe me: for Morrissey I tried to love her, I really did:(

I'm quite sure I've read somewhere she was born in 1976?

Who said she was 16?

Moz made a comment in his last letter on TTY ending his comments about Kristeen Young with the italisized phrase "and she only 16..." (or something close to it).

I thought it was just a joke - she may be young, but by the looks, maybe more like in her late 20's early 30's?

I like the idea of a bedroom-tour... so many possible puns (seated, sold out... I better stop). And she's really 16:eek: ? I mean I read that once or twice but I thought people just wanted to say: "Damn, she's young!". Where the hell are the parents? Could somebody get her off the stage and force her to finish school or something? She's really annoying... and believe me: for Morrissey I tried to love her, I really did:(

Phew. Im glad im not the only one who finds her annoying, I mean have you read her lyrics, some of them are just so ridiculous and stupid they make me mad that Mozza likes her so much.

i know you're mad with us but you have fans here, fans that want to see you so badly it hurts..so compassion us, flatter us.

America, here you come, please.

Danielle

ok...people need to realize Morrissey is not mad at Americans. I mean come on. so he says he hates Bush and the military staqte of airports and slowly people on here started to believe Morrissey is mad at Americans. He's not, relax.

He realizes though that a 47 year old man is gonna have a hard time finding success in America--a country too focused on pop-shit hits on MTV and Clear Channel radio. so he goes to Europe where the atmosphere is more inviting. It doesn't mean he turned his back on America...he'll be here to tour soon. IF only he had a better record label with more power in the US markets...but Sanctuary has nothing to offer Morrissey in the US market. they are useless here in the states.

Phew. Im glad im not the only one who finds her annoying, I mean have you read her lyrics, some of them are just so ridiculous and stupid they make me mad that Mozza likes her so much.

It's nothing personal, it's business. She's on the same label as Morrissey. So he does for Sanctuary.

ok...people need to realize Morrissey is not mad at Americans. I mean come on. so he says he hates Bush and the military staqte of airports and slowly people on here started to believe Morrissey is mad at Americans. He's not, relax.

He realizes though that a 47 year old man is gonna have a hard time finding success in America--a country too focused on pop-shit hits on MTV and Clear Channel radio. so he goes to Europe where the atmosphere is more inviting. It doesn't mean he turned his back on America...he'll be here to tour soon. IF only he had a better record label with more power in the US markets...but Sanctuary has nothing to offer Morrissey in the US market. they are useless here in the states.

Hmm..point well made. That makes me feel a little better I guess, in a know it all way. Yes, I know what you mean.

It's nothing personal, it's business. She's on the same label as Morrissey. So he does for Sanctuary.

Wow, Puddle you are very informative and clever, but I can't help feeling like im being bitch slapped by you, in a good way. :)

I did read some of her lyrics and I think they're nothing but juvenile ("Kick Prince off his heels and feel free"?? What the?). But my favourite kristeenish thing is the following: "It's [my album] based on the 10 commandments. Each song addresses a different commandment, but with an argument as to why it is a good idea to break that commandment...ie. "Lie" is about why it's a good idea, or even fun, to lie." Thanks for the lie-example, Kris. Otherwise it would have been way to hard for us to follow. GOSH! 16 would have been an excuse but now...

Yeah, exactly. Because he loves them so much... and because he really likes to do things for other people. Come on Pud! You don't believe that shit yourself.

Back
Top Bottom