tell us about the last Film you saw

Re: tell us about the last Film you saw.

just watched a DVD called Bad Education Directed by Pedro Almodóvar. yes I did just watch a foreign language film... it's not all gun and explosions with me yer know! "don't know much about art but I know what I like" I enjoyed it ... can't put my Barry Norman head tonight, to say anything. the cinematography was quite impressive as was the lead Gael García Bernal. it made me laugh at some points, but it was quite a shocking story of corruption & blackmail.

Anyone who has yet to see the truly amazing Old boy should see to it that they do at their earliest convenience. It's a spectacular film

Anyone who has yet to see the truly amazing Old boy should see to it that they do at their earliest convenience. It's a spectacular film

i saw it a couple of months ago. it's pretty wild, very unsual piece of film making.

Old Boy isn't as good as the first of the trilogy, Sympathy for Mr Vengeance.
BTW, since when Korean and Japanese films are regarded as Asian?:confused:

In UK, Asian is normally referred to India, Pakistan and Bangladesh.
China, Burma, Vietnam, Korea and Japan are regarded as Oriental.

Last edited:

Aaaah. Thanks for clearing that up! I think that here Oriental means "from Arab/Muslim world".

Caught a nice bit (well, it really wasn't nice at all) of "Sid & Nancy".

my god, it was awful! from what i heard, it was supposed to be an accurate depiction of the early punk era based around the times of a member of the Sex Pistols, but everyone in the film looked like late 80's punks with mowhawks and sleeved in tatoos. plus the actressed playing Nancy Spugen's presence was more irritating than that of miss Spugen herself. Very ugly.

"y tu mama tambien" for the 2nd time...the greatest mexican movie I've seen...charolastras forever

Old Boy isn't as good as the first of the trilogy, Sympathy for Mr Vengeance.
BTW, since when Korean and Japanese films are regarded as Asian?:confused:

Since those places were part of the continent of asia?

Oriental? Who are you? Bernard Manning?

I saw a scene from Clerks 2 today at the guitar shop, where they talk about Lord of the Rings fans. "Haha!", I laughed, as I looked at the tiny, greasy tv screen.

watched a dvd called 'the ringer', starring johnny knoxville from the jackass tv programme.
kind of a throw away movie for me. haven't any feelings for or against it really. funny but not my laugh out loud funny.

I was a little bit disapointed with Bad Education, it's Gael Garcia Bernal and I suppose I expected something really special and I just thought it was a tad convoluted.:confused:
I loved loved loved 'The ballad of Jack and Rose', I would seriously give it 10/10 :)
Daniel Day Lewis as always is amazing in it. He's also in 'My Beautiful Lauderette (so good!) on RTE (irish tv) on wenesday

I've watched 8 films of Marco Ferreri in two weeks:
Queen Bee
Ape Woman
Diary of a Maniac
The Flesh
Dillinger is Dead
The Last Woman
Bye Bye Monkey
La Grande Bouffe

This retrospective was a low-key affair compared with last year's Francesco Rosi retrospective, but it's all welcome to have any chance of watching Italian classics.

First Ferreri film I saw was Liza, when I was 16 it was on TV after midnight. It's a story about a recluse cartoonist Giorgio (Mastroianni) living with a pet dog on a remote island. One day his life is disturbed by an arrival of a beautiful blonde Liza (Deneuve), who left from a yacht after a row with her boyfriend.
Soon Liza becomes very jealous with the dog and kills it in order to monoplize Giorgio's affection...in the end they decide to leave this world with an old aeroplane painted in pink, but the frame frozes when the aeroplane starts to move.

I couldn't stop crying afterwards because it's so sad and really haunting. This is the first collaboration with Philippe Sarde who's never failed to provide subtle, yet very beautiful music to all the films he involved.

In Ferreri's film often men are lost, vulnable and self-destractive, on the other hand women are in charge of their lives and know what they want.
It's very personal yet his films are often reflected the state of the society.
Earlier films Queen Bee and Ape Woman are conventionally structured comedies, but already have surreal and absurdist tendancy.
I haven't read any interviews of Ferreri and really curious what impact he had the death of Pasolini.
These two directors have something in common:never afraid of challenging the taboos and love to shock the audience. In fact Ferreri acted in Pasolini's Pigsty with one of his regulars Ugo Tognazzi.
I'm so addicted to Italian films which are filled with poisonous decadent feel.
It's so fascinating to watch them which leads me to totally different dimentions.

It's also great to discover another wonderful Italian composer Teo Usuelli.

You can check them from imdb.com
I haven't watched, but there are two or three of them.

The Lavender Hill Mob
mob1.jpg

of course, im lyin
i just wanted to post a pic of the ORIGINAL
Audrey
:D

Tags
film movies
Back
Top Bottom