The Definitive Smiths Reunion Poll: Yay or Nay?!

Do You Want The Smiths to Reunite?

• For God's Sake, YES!

Votes: 15 25.4%
  • Ugh...Absolutely Not!!

Votes: 44 74.6%

• Total voters

SparkleBoy

worships Johnny Thunders
I could not find this poll elsewhere and I searched...so I hope I am not duplicating efforts...

Do you want them to reunite? Personally, I say absolutely not. My reason? It was a different time and a different place. They created something incredible and now it's in the past.

Sometimes it can work, like the New York Dolls reunion, but Sylvain Sylvain and David Johansen still like each other (they still kiss on the lips during shows!). But there is so much animosity between all of the Smiths that it would be an awkward sight to have to sit through.

What do you think?!

Yes. I think it would be fabulous. It would be a way to put the past behind them. They need never talk again afterwards, but it might be a way to let the lesser members earn a little bit of money... after all, Morrissey is Morrissey. Joyce and Rourke are just guys who used to be in the Smiths. What else do they have?

I remember how Morrissey described how he felt watching the New York Dolls onstage again- he never had a chance to see them live. The one guy died the day before the show he was to have seen in Manchester. They defined his life. The thing that all four former Smiths should know is that there are thousands and thousands of us who feel the same way about the Smiths as Moz feels about the Dolls.

I remember how Morrissey described how he felt watching the New York Dolls onstage again- he never had a chance to see them live. The one guy died the day before the show he was to have seen in Manchester. They defined his life. The thing that all four former Smiths should know is that there are thousands and thousands of us who feel the same way about the Smiths as Moz feels about the Dolls.

Hmmm...that is an excellent point! I would hate to see the four of 'em up there glaring at each other. It seems like Moz can hold a grudge for a looooong time! Then again, it always seems like when there are two stars in one band there is always bound to be trouble...

Lennon/McCartney
Cale/Reed
Moz/Marr
Thunders/Johansen

I think Keef and Jagger are the exception to the rule, and even they fell out for several years. Johnny Thunders and David Johansen may have fallen out w/ the Dolls, but they made up and showed up at each other's performances here and there over the next 15+ years.

Although, I'll be the optimist and see it your way, PregnantForTheLastTime!

Yes!

Only problem is that Moz's hatred for Joyce is so strong, I doubt a full reunion would happen. Not sure if a partial reunion between Marr and Moz would even happen.

When Morrissey has a mild dislike for someone they're out of his universe for good -- Joyce he truly hates. The court case emotionally scarred him for life, it seems -- do you think he'd enjoy being on stage with Joyce sitting at the drums behind him?

It'll never happen with Joyce, so you'd need to redefine your definition of reunion.

I'd actually like to see Jesse take a break and Marr join the current lineup as is, perhaps with Rourke on bass (though the Walker battery is unlikely to split).

There have been reunions for basically every major band we thought would never do it -- I'm glad The Smiths are the one that hasn't done it.

I could not find this poll elsewhere and I searched...so I hope I am not duplicating efforts...

Do you want them to reunite? Personally, I say absolutely not. My reason? It was a different time and a different place. They created something incredible and now it's in the past.

Sometimes it can work, like the New York Dolls reunion, but Sylvain Sylvain and David Johansen still like each other (they still kiss on the lips during shows!). But there is so much animosity between all of the Smiths that it would be an awkward sight to have to sit through.

What do you think?!

that you're a noob?

:D

It seems that their induction into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame (2008?, 2009?) might be the closest opportunity for a reunion. It brought the Police back together after so much time and animosity and spawned a tour. I doubt we would see a 48+ Moz twisting around on one foot with foliage in his back pocket.

Just for three songs? We could hang a curtain down the stage- Moz and Marr on one side, the baddies on the other so he'd not have to look at them but we could see all. Or we could make them wear Walker masks. ;)

I vote No. It would seem contrived and unnatural. Moz is just fine solo, playing Smiths songs live when he pleases.

that you're a noob? :D

Cute.
beavisnbutthead.gif

I'd love to see Morrissey & Marr reunite... as "Morrissey & Marr" - NOT The Smiths. I'd love to see how being together again would inspire them. But do I think it will happen? Sadly, no.

I'd love to see Morrissey & Marr reunite... as "Morrissey & Marr" - NOT The Smiths. I'd love to see how being together again would inspire them. But do I think it will happen? Sadly, no.

Perhaps it would be as inspired as Coverdale/Page? I know that really isn't a reunion...but dear god...

coverdale_page.jpg

ewwwww no! Plant/Page only!

edit: Diddy/Page was horrifying

I still wanna shoot Jimmy Page for that...

That made the Godzilla movie ten times more horrible

I can't listen to Kashmir anymore w/out thinking of P. Diddy.

I can't listen to Sting anymore without thinking What was he thinking....

And to think Diddy thinks HE should be The Next James Bond

I can't listen to Sting anymore without thinking What was he thinking....

And to think Diddy thinks HE should be The Next James Bond

C'mon, SNS22! Diddy put together the 21st Century Smiths, so you have to give him some credit. Danity Kane is friggin' Showstoppin'!

OK...let's not let this thread get TOO off track...back to The Smiths reuniting...

I wouldn't want them to tour...but some of you have got me thinking...what about a balls-out one-time-only performance, where all the hate and animosity manifests itself thru everyone's performances?

What a friggin' DVD that would make!!

C'mon, SNS22! Diddy put together the 21st Century Smiths, so you have to give him some credit. Danity Kane is friggin' Showstoppin'!

OK...let's not let this thread get TOO off track...back to The Smiths reuniting...

I wouldn't want them to tour...but some of you have got me thinking...what about a balls-out one-time-only performance, where all the hate and animosity manifests itself thru everyone's performances?

What a friggin' DVD that would make!!

Seriously how long do you think this thread can go on?

It's pointless to speculate about a reunion......won't happen at this juncture

No, no, no, NO. Enough about reunions, for Christ's sake..

Back
Top Bottom