The Drivel Thread

A MOULDY WALK IN THE RAIN….

AS requested by Shazzbo
IMG_0835.jpeg

Writing something on paper doesn’t make it any more profound than it would be than writing here or keeping it to yourself.
For me Joe, it’s an expression.
Call it poetry, call it shite,
I really don’t mind either way.
It’s just something I like to do after a hard days graft with a few tins of beer.

"Once I saw the river clean
Distant future, wait for me
I grow pleasing to the eye
And the cue will cue for me
Once I saw the river clean
Soon the clock will strike for me
Childish mind anticipates
Grown-up mind consummates” - Once I Saw the River Clean, Morrissey

I’m more glad to be alive than ever, despite all that’s gone wrong. Right now I’m enjoying another reprieve from the lung discomfort, which makes it easier. I’ve never been so thoroughly in love, except on the dance floor. No, I’m more in love now than I was, even then. Now I’ve seen your eyes. On the dance floor it was so dark that I only saw your silhouette. You didn’t throw me away like trash, like society told you to. I’ve never felt so valued and esteemed, from my heart, right down to my fingertips. I feel brand new, though I know that the pain will resume before very long. I’ve never felt more youthful and alive. I anticipate your arms around me, your kiss on my forehead, my lips. I will be painting Morrissey In Scotland today, on a large canvas. I’m looking forward to doing it, even through lung discomfort if that’s what happens. This afternoon there will be a group walk of us mental cases and workers, and I was asked to bring my laptop to play a few of your songs, by a fellow nutcase, so I will be playing Saint In a Stained Glass Window, and How Soon Is Now, and people will probably talk all through the songs, but I’ll do my best to give them a chance to hear them. I hope to be with you soon. Today, tomorrow, a week from now, soon, before my lung gets much worse hopefully, but I’ll see you when I see you, if I see you. I have faith that you will come to me before too long. I feel that you will. I remember the enthusiasm I saw across the street the day before Valentine’s. I want to see more of it, and see it come to fruition and feel your touch expressing that fruition. We’ll be a couple of sixty something year old kids.

I did my best at drawing Morrissey In Scotland, but it's not a whole lot like the reference photo. I intend to keep working on it anyway, in faith that I will at least enjoy myself, if not like the finished portrait. Oh, I will like it. I know I will.
17129496947603985833748166270418.jpg

I did my best at drawing Morrissey In Scotland, but it's not a whole lot like the reference photo. I intend to keep working on it anyway, in faith that I will at least enjoy myself, if not like the finished portrait. Oh, I will like it. I know I will.
View attachment 103315

It looks like you're taking this from the picture of Morrissey with "terrythesnapper," Light Housework. I assume his head looks Charlie Brown-ish because you're going to add the brim of his baseball cap. If so, the Grantley Hall hotel is in England, not Scotland.

"I don’t want to shock people, but rather, pleasantly surprise them.” That sentence is my takeaway from writing morning pages today.

My right lung feels gross but it’s not hurting. I’m going to paint in about half an hour, and will see what happens. I’ve no appointments today with anyone besides myself. I want to give writing an autobiography another try, because at the least it would be therapeutic to try to write it. So far today, all I have on my agenda is to paint, bathe, brush, floss, and walk, after writing up some Morrissey sticky notes to take with me. Yesterday, a guy in the park exclaimed that the sticky note sharing of my favourite music is so simple. I know that if he remembers to check Morrissey out, he will become a great fan. I could see the appreciation in his eyes, for my effort to turn him on. People Are the Same Everywhere is in my head.

Haven't painted today yet. Had a nap instead. Am getting around to it. I know I said no more photos for a while, but this is a relatively relaxed thread and I'll post if I want to and can. This morning I'm thinking of Morrissey as a dancing and singing, extremely loving astronaut. My right lung is feeling better again for now at least. If you find my image boring, then don't look at it. I hope Morrissey sees it, and I will look back through this thread later like reading back in a diary that has photos. Jealous? Go ahead and post photos of yourself then. The owner of this website doesn't seem to have any objection to me making use of it for many purposes.
IMG_20240413_110715930_HDR.jpg

17130342084193222455638395697417.jpg

"Frankly, Mr. Shankly, I'm a sickening wreck
I've got the 21st Century breathing down my neck
I must move fast, you understand me
I want to go down in celluloid history"

Tags
anxiety bloody awful poetry testing the waters trying to feel good in your own skin trying to make friends wanting to alleviate anxiety wanting to feel safe to be honest wanting to have integrity
Back
Top Bottom