The Drivel Thread

That's nice, what a good son you are!

Things like that happen to me too, I think it's rather common. Once I dreamt my cousins dog who I never think about because he was one of those ugly little lhaso apsos had died and then the next day my grandma told me he had been put down that day (I didn't even know he was sick) . Sometimes it won't even be a dream, you'll just be permeated with a feeling that something is going to happen or you'll see someone and then it happens. Sometimes it'll just be a vague feeling of doom hanging over you, and then something catastrophic will occur. Rupert Sheldrake has an explanation for this kind of phenomenom but I forget what it is.

No love for the Manic Street preachers?! I'd say my posting a song about a woman in a long blue dress after your having dreamt about one is a far more extraordinary occurrence than you seeing one in church.

Apologies—I didn’t watch the video earlier because I was listening to something else at the time and didn’t want to interrupt that. James Dean Bradfield has, um, certainly aged, but haven’t we all. Nicky Wire looks kind of embalmed (sorry). Does he still karate kick and pogo like a maniac in concert, or has he mellowed? He seems like he’s mellowed. It looks like Rupert Sheldrake’s term for this phenomenon is “presentiment.” I’ll have to look into this some more.

Last edited:
I had a great session with a mental health worker and am not in pain. Having a good time here. Perhaps I will clean myself up and go for a walk to at least get some exercise, if not blah blah blah. The usual pining. I played Won’t Settle during our session and my worker really liked it. It was so fun that we were both into it.

Only did a little painting during the session, just a little progress.
17144309961475693965652905120530.jpg

Two separate people, each walking a small dog, a young Asian man, and then a middle aged Asian woman, both gave me a friendly and warm smile, so I gave each a Morrissey sticky note. Such a little thing, to see those smiles, but they’ve cheered me up. Everyone else was shut off from me, and I understand, because I was in that habit too, of just getting around people and not engaging them positively. I saw many male twosomes, who let’s say didn’t strike me as being feminists, so I wanted to just get around them back. The young Asian man with the little dog said that he likes music. I bet he’ll like Morrissey, and if the middle aged Asian woman with the little dog listens, I think she’ll like it. They strike me as the type of personalities who would delight in Morrissey, at least now and again. I guess I really am a lonely person, because I remember that when I was a kid and an older kid smiled at me and asked me if I wanted to run away with her, I said yes because that smile was like water to a thirst, and it was the same this evening, though I’m experienced enough not to put myself in their hands like I did the older girl when I was a kid. Her intentions were not kind. All she had to do was smile, and I would have done anything for her. I was dangerously lonely. Now, I keep my guard up, beyond sharing my favourite music and exchanging smiles. I must say it was affirming to watch Won’t Settle with my mental health worker today, and to paint with her afterward. She said she likes The Beaches, and Metric. I will check both bands out.

I just listened to both bands above and they’re nowhere near as good as Morrissey or Bones UK.

I agree. The Beaches song sounded good, but I quickly got bored with the dull lyrics.

I can’t remember what I thought about the other song as it was that bad 😄

This is the second time in a row I've bought pre-washed leafy greens, and have found something very disgusting in it.
17144498114216025767191240595686.jpg

I’m glad I didn’t cram the leaves into my mouth en masse, and picked them out individually instead. Otherwise, who knows what that shit is and what disease it would cause. Looks like some type of mold.

That photo is of the leaves I picked out to put directly into my compost bound container.

It could have been a disgruntled johnny Marr fan who works at the store, who wants revenge as you’ve given him a pile of Morrissey sticky notes in the past 🤣

It could have been a disgruntled johnny Marr fan who works at the store, who wants revenge as you’ve given him a pile of Morrissey sticky notes in the past 🤣
It’s not the store’s fault. The store buys them packaged and sealed from a company called Organic Girl. It’s someone who works at Organic Girl. I might call them.

Apologies—I didn’t watch the video earlier because I was listening to something else at the time and didn’t want to interrupt that. James Dean Bradfield has, um, certainly aged, but haven’t we all. Nicky Wire looks kind of embalmed (sorry). Does he still karate kick and pogo like a maniac in concert, or has he mellowed? He seems like he’s mellowed. It looks like Rupert Sheldrake’s term for this phenomenon is “presentiment.” I’ll have to look into this some more.
I hope so, he's gotta show off those magnificent legs every way he can! :hearteyes:
God, I love nicky. You have no idea how much he means to me.

You used to say all this about that 4cking Arsehole from Suede as well.
It don’t take much to turn you fragile head my girl.. now does it 🤨

Tags
anxiety bloody awful poetry testing the waters trying to feel good in your own skin trying to make friends wanting to alleviate anxiety wanting to feel safe to be honest wanting to have integrity
Back
Top Bottom