The Harsh Truth

K

KevinNorthants

Morrissey at the Albert Hall-another great set,one of many I have seen down the years.But,the sad truth is everyone has now moved on.The audience was very subdued by historical standards,even though the great man himself seemed almost moved (mostly following Smiths songs) the band picked up the mood,essentially at the end geeing up the fans for exhaustive applause.
The new songs are high standard but nowhere near where he once stood.Yes,Himself and the band look older than their years,Gary Day apart,but realisation is that so is the audience.
I have never seen an audience that in a way came to watch,erm, 'Now I Am A Was'?
Those of us that were fortunate enough to have seen The Smiths,now prefer to sit in the stalls and listen and watch.The younger fans are trying to act as they have seen on video footage and then there is the rest,who come out of curiosity.
Morrissey,the parting tune was 'My Way'.And yes,you have done it your way.Hence,and I understand the dignity stance,but it obviously hurts that you are not a top-selling chart artist despite your comments.You would love a top 10,a Mercury Award,lifetime achievement recognition,but it's your own fault.Plain truth is,if all the above didn't apply,you wouldn't be writing and performing,otherwise what is the point to what you have already achieved?
I honestly really wish in some ways that you were playing Wembley or Battersea again-those heady days are gone.Now we are back to De Montfort,Rock City and the provincial town tours.Great for those that will always go to see a living legend close up and keep that intimacy with your fans that is supposedly missing privately.
You have affected all of our lives in many ways over the years,now I think the roles are in reverse and it's up to the fans.

Back
Top Bottom