The new Morrissey song, 'Scandinavia'...

This from Mr M Boorer:
"Born last night at around 10.20pm, in the Voxhall in Arhus, a new song, weighing in at about 3.20 its' name is 'Scandinavia', a tale of despair ending in hope and love, both fathers are doing well after the young song's appearance in the world. Peace to all. BB"

Yeah, "peace to all"...right.

"Peace to all, as long as you never say anything bad about us."

Your idiocy is impressive. 4:36. Exact quote from Johnny: "I used that on the Cribs record to do some aggressive kind of rhythm thing." Which he then plays. I wonder what you're riveting response is going to be this time: "YEAH, f*** YOU THAT'S NOT ON THE ALBUM EITHER" (when clearly Johnny just said it was) "YOU CAN GO f*** OFF THE SMITHS FOREVER YEAH." Perhaps I saved you the trouble. Feel free to copy and paste.

Having seen The Cribs live with Johnny several times/listened to that album an obscene amount of times, it's mostly Ryan who does all the gutteral guitar work
Johnny's playing on that album is typical Marr
I don't recongnise the thing he plays there and I'm a massive Cribs fan

Last edited:
agressive rythm thing does not = block chords.
Having seen The Cribs live with Johnny several times/listened to that album an obscene amount of times, it's mostly Ryan who does all the gutteral guitar work
Johnny's playing on that album is typical Marr

"Block chords" ≠ bar chords and bar chords ≠ power chords, but I wouldn't expect you to know too much about music and guitars being unable to spell "rhythm" and describing a guitar sound as "gutteral [sic]."
Likewise, to use the example of the criticized current version of "This Charming Man," contrary to popular belief, Jesse is NOT playing power chords, he is playing bar chords, much like Marr is doing in the video (although, yes, Marr is making liberal use of the trem bar on his Jag). The full chord voicing can clearly be heard, whether you like it or not. And finally, The Healers album (YEARS before he joined the Cribs) is significant proof enough that Marr has long altered the style of playing since he was in the Smiths; sure, he can still play the songs he wrote as evident in the video, but name for me ONE song he has written since the Smiths that could neatly fall into the Smiths canon.

Last edited:
Sometimes when women are preggers and their body is sacrificing itself while the baby forms they get defiecient in iron and suddenly crave it in the oddest forms, eating chalk or whatever. Some women describe the deficiency as wanting to eat dirt to repleat their iron. Just putting that out there, not trying to read anything into it. Also iron is FE on the periodic table and to EFF stuff is to f*** it. :blushing: Also iron is an anagram of noir or dark. I want to eat the dark because I am daylight, the sun eats the moon and the moon in turn eats the sun everyday, old indian folklore. Blah, blah, blah. Or we could go another route and say that he wants to eat the SOIL because it's linked to OILS, that which annoints.

Mmmmmmkay I'm gonna go watch Big Brother now. :D

Last edited:
"Block chords" ≠ bar chords and bar chords ≠ power chords, but I wouldn't expect you to know too much about music and guitars being unable to spell "rhythm" and describing a guitar sound as "gutteral [sic]."
Likewise, to use the example of the criticized current version of "This Charming Man," contrary to popular belief, Jesse is NOT playing power chords, he is playing bar chords, much like Marr is doing in the video (although, yes, Marr is making liberal use of the trem bar on his Jag). The full chord voicing can clearly be heard, whether you like it or not. And finally, The Healers album (YEARS before he joined the Cribs) is significant proof enough that Marr has long altered the style of playing since he was in the Smiths; sure, he can still play the songs he wrote as evident in the video, but name for me ONE song he has written since the Smiths that could neatly fall into the Smiths canon.

I don't appreciate being patronised.
I appreciate Johnny has grown and changed in his guitar playing over the years, but his playing on Ignore The Ignorant is reminiscent of his more intricate, jangly Smiths era playing.
I can assure you the example he played on the video you posted is nothing more than that, its not a Cribs song.

(Btw to pull someone up on a typo, and use it as an example of their ''knowledge'' is desperate and shows a clutching of straws....I own/play a Jaguar fyi)

I don't appreciate being patronised in such a way.
I appreciate Johnny has grown and changed in his guitar playing over the years, but his playing on Ignore The Ignorant is reminiscent of his more intricate, jangly Smiths era playing.
I can assure you the example he played on the video you posted is nothing more than that, its not a Cribs song.

(Btw to pull someone up on a typo, and use it as an example of their ''knowledge'' is desperate and shows a clutching of straws....I own/play a Jaguar fyi)

I don't recall saying it WAS a Cribs song - just that he played in that vein on the Cribs record, which he backs up himself in the video.
Cute how you manage to evade the point you were hastily attempting to make in the first place - that Johnny's style hasn't changed since he was with the Smiths - which is, as you say yourself, the style he is known for. Odd then that his post-Smiths work hasn't been as well-received; I mean, seeing as he made the music for such a wildly seminal band. Surely the Cribs, along with any other project Marr has worked with since '87, should have gained as much notoriety at the very LEAST as Morrissey's solo work.

And it was more the terminology than the typo - again, as you seem not to comprehend the difference:

block chords ≠ bar chords and bar chords ≠ power chords

Likewise, it appears as though you don't fully grasp the definition of the word "guttural," but of course, I should let you use whatever incorrect words you want - should I do anything less and I'd be clutching at straws.

Why do you feel you have to be so rude to everyone?

I don't recall saying it WAS a Cribs song - just that he played in that vein on the Cribs record, which he backs up himself in the video.
Cute how you manage to evade the point you were hastily attempting to make in the first place - that Johnny's style hasn't changed since he was with the Smiths - which is, as you say yourself, the style he is known for. Odd then that his post-Smiths work hasn't been as well-received; I mean, seeing as he made the music for such a wildly seminal band. Surely the Cribs, along with any other project Marr has worked with since '87, should have gained as much notoriety at the very LEAST as Morrissey's solo work.

And it was more the terminology than the typo - again, as you seem not to comprehend the difference:

block chords ≠ bar chords and bar chords ≠ power chords

Likewise, it appears as though you don't fully grasp the definition of the word "guttural," but of course, I should let you use whatever incorrect words you want - should I do anything less and I'd be clutching at straws.

This post was actually quite witty,
I don't really know too much about Marrs post Smiths work, I think Electronic ( I can't stand Bernard Summer)got good reviews and were considered "worthy" (not by me) by the music press and his work with The The was respected, at the time (I did like some of his work with Matt).
Personally, I think Marr was somewhat of a tragic figure in the 90s, much more so
than Morrissey who despite not having the "cool" status that Marr had, in some quarters, was actually making brilliant records and yes some were up there with the Smiths (at least to me)- Trouble Loves Me, Now my Heart is Full, Lifeguard Sleeping, Novemeber Spawned a Monster, in fact all of Bona Drag, We'll let you know,Spring healed Jim,Billy Budd, , The Teachers are afraid of the Pupils, Jack The Ripper and a couple of others.Meanwhile Marr was going session to session and hanging out with Oasis (what a climb down)
It seems Marr has come into his own lately, Making sound tracks (or at least one), working with The Cribs (not my cup of CoCo but I can see the appeal) and he generally seems happy and well rounded.
Morrissey could do worse than working with him again... though I think in Private although Marr would respect Moz (and maybe even like him) I don't think he could stand the mind games again- he warned Bernard Butler not to work with Moz- which says it all really.

I only ever heard one song by The Healers and it was awful- I thought, though I am willing to give them another go.

Last edited:
It's a beautiful love song. I had it stuck in my head all day and I only heard it once this morning. And it's lovely to hear him write about love. Anyway, my two not-breaking-it-down-in-Godspeak cents. Reality matters more than that shit anyway and in reality, it's a lovely song. I just wiki'd Trondheim. Did you know that they had a fire in 1651 that destroyed 90% of the city? Can you imagine? Geez.

This from Mr M Boorer:
"Born last night at around 10.20pm, in the Voxhall in Arhus, a new song, weighing in at about 3.20 its' name is 'Scandinavia', a tale of despair ending in hope and love, both fathers are doing well after the young song's appearance in the world. Peace to all. BB"

I'm sorry to inform you Mr. Boorer, but your song was born autistic.

Here are some pamphlets to try to help you cope...
51pYY3tlO0L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

It's a beautiful love song. I had it stuck in my head all day and I only heard it once this morning. And it's lovely to hear him write about love. Anyway, my two not-breaking-it-down-in-Godspeak cents. Reality matters more than that shit anyway and in reality, it's a lovely song. I just wiki'd Trondheim. Did you know that they had a fire in 1651 that destroyed 90% of the city? Can you imagine? Geez.

Is there ANY aspect of him that you would NOT praise? Doesn't it all kind of lose value and become a bit base when you think everything he puts his hand to is gold?

I like it, certainly from that snippet. Far better than the other three, and certainly more interesting lyrically.

Is there ANY aspect of him that you would NOT praise? Doesn't it all kind of lose value and become a bit base when you think everything he puts his hand to is gold?

I do not praise his propensity to act rash. I am not a Morrissey apologist, I just sense that he makes the decisions he does based on a lack of understanding how to "read" who the bad guy is. In this latest wave of actions I think he was tricked. If he;s too tired to read his people, then he shouldn;t be making BIG DECISIONS based on their input. I think he;s just tired and doing the best he can with what he's got. I do not expect you to understand what I am talking about.

In light of talk about Scandinavia and whatnot, I think this musical style would suit Morrissey beautifully...

It's by Norwegian duo Röyksopp who make wonderful music anyways but this would go lovely and links in with the whole Scandinavian feel, it's so delicate and atmospheric,

Please take a listen!

Last edited by a moderator:
In light of talk about Scandinavia and whatnot, I think this musical style would suit Morrissey beautifully...

It's by Norwegian duo Röyksopp who make wonderful music anyways but this would go lovely and links in with the whole Scandinavian feel, it's so delicate and atmospheric,

Please take a listen!

OMG I love it!!! I loved it in the first 5 seconds.

Hey I thought of something. Since Morrissey has written a this love song, it seems he wasn't wasting his time afterall. SOmeone came along and made him their Sweedie. Geddit? Geddit? :D

Ba dum CHA!!! Thanks for coming out, I'll be here til Thursday. Don't forget to tip your waitress.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom