The official Democratic National Convention thread

Ok, smartypants--how many can you students name? And not just right after a test?

Now that I think of it, I can name only 2 other than Roe v. Wade. :(

They also can name quite a few... I am proud to say that all of my classes honors and integrated are well above the national average in terms of knowledge of social studies content. :D

Pardon the ignorance, but what does this mean? You sell the pastries and the proceeds go to Obama? Isn't it a bit late for that. Most people by now should be aware of him.
Bake sales, lemonade sales and car washes are tried and true ways to raise money for deserving causes. This particular bake sale was held at an elementary school that brought parents, teachers, kids and other concerned citizens together for some sugar and some political activism. (Start the kids early and maybe they'll want to vote and get involved.) It was held just in time for this Tuesday's deadline for the Obama campaign's October financial report, that will decide "the size of the voter registration and Get Out The Vote operations" for the next crucial weeks leading up to the election. Obama's campaign relies heavily on individual donors and grassroots group.

I also hate it when people are so overtly political. It divides society. Sure, there are cases where you need to make a stand, but Democrats and Republicans are basically the same thing, dividing themselves over such petty things.

And this is something you really only see in the US. I mean in Chile, where people endured an awful 17 year dictatorship they have learned to reconciliate and most people keep their politics at the urns.
Yes, we in America should consider ourselves lucky to live in relative freedom, compared to the oppression that was in Chile. General Pinochet staged a military coup and overthrew the government of the freely elected President, Salvador Allende, in 1973, with the active support of the United States's CIA. :eek: A great many feel that this upcoming election is of great consequence to America and the World. To use a slogan, We need a change.

Here is a pic of my neighborhood cinema. :)

IMG_1691.jpg

ENVISION AMERICA IN 50 YEARS
ELECT OBAMA THINK STAR TREK :cool:
'ELECT' MCCAIN IT'S BLADERUNNER! :eek:

I've been meaning to donate money. but...does he really need it?

if everyone thought that way he wouldnt get squat

and its not so much that he needs it but at least this way you feel like part of the campaign and that you contributed something, even if you didnt go knocking on doors or sold cupcakes.

look at the second part of my post

ok. but i have an Obama banner in my sig on Morrissey-solo. So i feel i am part of his campaign :D

and i made it myself.

And my obama video ad has 100+ views (which is weak..but hey.)

what an idiot. Stop talking!!!

-------

CNN) – Sarah Palin said she was not taking a jab at Joe Biden's age or lengthy stint in Washington when recently joking she had been listening to the Delaware senator's speeches since the second grade.

"Oh no, it's nothing negative at all," Palin told Katie Couric Monday in the latest installment of her Monday interview with the CBS anchor. "He's got a lot of experience and just stating the fact there, that we've been hearing his speeches for all these years."

The original comments came at an Ohio rally Monday, when Palin told the cheering crowd, "I'm looking forward to meeting [Biden] too, I've never met him before — but I've been hearing about his senate speeches since I was in, like the second grade."

Some political observers found that comment peculiar, given her own running mate is the oldest man ever to seek a first presidential term. But Palin said she was merely contrasting the differences she sees between herself and Biden.

"He's got a tremendous amount of experience and, you know, I'm the new energy, the new face, the new ideas and he's got the experience based on many, many years in the Senate and voters are gonna have a choice there of what it is that they want in these next four years," she said.

Palin was 8 years-old when Biden was first elected to the Senate in 1972. (Biden was 29 at that time)

what an idiot. Stop talking!!!

-------

CNN) – Sarah Palin said she was not taking a jab at Joe Biden's age or lengthy stint in Washington when recently joking she had been listening to the Delaware senator's speeches since the second grade.

"Oh no, it's nothing negative at all," Palin told Katie Couric Monday in the latest installment of her Monday interview with the CBS anchor. "He's got a lot of experience and just stating the fact there, that we've been hearing his speeches for all these years."

The original comments came at an Ohio rally Monday, when Palin told the cheering crowd, "I'm looking forward to meeting [Biden] too, I've never met him before — but I've been hearing about his senate speeches since I was in, like the second grade."

Some political observers found that comment peculiar, given her own running mate is the oldest man ever to seek a first presidential term. But Palin said she was merely contrasting the differences she sees between herself and Biden.

"He's got a tremendous amount of experience and, you know, I'm the new energy, the new face, the new ideas and he's got the experience based on many, many years in the Senate and voters are gonna have a choice there of what it is that they want in these next four years," she said.

Palin was 8 years-old when Biden was first elected to the Senate in 1972. (Biden was 29 at that time)

did you see the clip where Couric asked Palin about what newspapers and magazines she reads, and she said all of them. lololol. she couldnt name any. Couric asked for specific ones, she said ALL OF THEM. hahahaha. dumbass.

did you see the clip where Couric asked Palin about what newspapers and magazines she reads, and she said all of them. lololol. she couldnt name any. Couric asked for specific ones, she said ALL OF THEM. hahahaha. dumbass.

if she does well this thursday...well I may have some respect for her. I just don't see it as being possible. SHe's going to have 100 notecards in her hand. "wait one second, let me find my card."

She must have the best debate coaches money can buy right now. McCain is panicking I'm sure. The campaign is panicking. A lot of pissed off people for mccain picking this dumbass. You have to be a theo to still support this dumbass.

p.s I'm drunkz, Nugzie

if she does well this thursday...well I may have some respect for her. I just don't see it as being possible. SHe's going to have a 100 notecards in her hand. "wait on second, let me find my card."

She must have the best debate coaches money can buy right now. McCain is panicking I'm sure. The campaign is panicking. A lot of pissed off people for mccain picking this dumbass. You have to be a theo to still support this dumbass.

even if they "coached" her well, its still dumb. cuz she shouldnt NEED to be coached. she should KNOW this stuff already!! I mean, obviously Biden is practicing...maybe catching up on a few issues he's rusty on, but for the most part, he already knew this stuff. this is just...beyond comprehension. i heard they made the rules easier, just for her. the answers can be shorter and there won't be any rebuttals like there were in the regular debates. ....doesnt that defeat the purpose of a debate?! gahh! :rolleyes:

Tags
gay baby polar bears groupthink hope mccain 2008 obama! oil whore r o n p a u l ! sarah palin is hot tony bennett in 2008
Back
Top Bottom