The REAL Confessions Thread

okay, I thought of one that I can tell.

I was about 11 and my friend from next door was about 10. Where I lived then there was not a lot to do except get into trouble. My friend was sort of a "firebug". I guess I was too, but not before he moved there. He always had matches and lighters and gasoline and we would play with fire regularly.

So one night we went for a walk to the train tracks which was about 3/4 of a mile away. It was typical to go there and then walk to the drainage ditches. Sometimes we would catch crawdads, not to eat, but to get them riled up and try to get them to fight.

Anyway, it was really windy, late summer, and had gotten dark. We walked to the train trestle and there were some old tires there. Someone had thrown them in the ditch instead of taking them to the dump.

There was a lot of dried brush that time of year and we decided to stack up the two tires and fill them with brush and make a fire. We didn't want it to be seen, so we built it under the trestle.

Okay, it lit right up, no problem. It was really roaring in no time. The problem was that the flames under the trestle starting heating up the railroad ties and they were sweating creosote. This is like tar, and the railroad ties are soaked in it to preserve them, but it's very combustable. The railroad ties were really getting hot and it occurred to me that we might accidentally set the trestle on fire! We had to move the fire.

We were on a flat concrete floor under the tracks, and the creek ran through it inside a big pipe. at the edge, the pipe opened and the creek was right there, so I thought that I could kick the tires into the water and put out the fire.

When I kicked the tires they didn't roll in the water like I wanted. They broke up. Little pieces of burning rubber went everywhere. It got in the brush next to the bank and little fires were starting. the two tires did go in the water, but there were a lot of little fires.

We started trying to stomp them out. Then we got the idea to take off out shirts and try to beat them out. We couldn't do it. It was windy and dry and nothing was working.

It started to really light up. It was getting bright. A truck went past and we hid, but it didn't stop. We went back to trying to put the fire out and realized it was impossible. We decided to run. We couldn't go back down the tracks and the road because we would have been seen, so instead we ran through the field next to the creek.

Our street ran parallel to the creek so we were able to run through the field to home. By then it was fully dark and we were running though the darkness. I remember being suddenly in the air and then in the mud because we ran right into another drainage ditch, an empty one. Behind us the fire was traveling through the berry vines and trees that lined the creek.

We finally got to his house where no one was usually home, and I called the fire department. The woman asked me my name and I asked if I had to give it. She said "YES!!!" so I hung up. No caller ID back then and they didn't know who called. A few minutes later the fire trucks were heard and we went walking back that way to watch, but not close enough to be seen. They were able to put out the fire, and we did whatever else and then it was time to go to bed.

The next day our local evening paper reported the fire and said that it had been started by transients.

Last edited by a moderator:
okay, I thought of one that I can tell.

I was about 11 and my friend from next door was about 10. Where I lived then there was not a lot to do except get into trouble. My friend was sort of a "firebug". I guess I was too, but not before he moved there. He always had matches and lighters and gasoline and we would play with fire regularly.

So one night we went for a walk to the train tracks which was about 3/4 of a mile away. It was typical to go there and then walk to the drainage ditches. Sometimes we would catch crawdads, not to eat, but to get them riled up and try to get them to fight.

Anyway, it was really windy, late summer, and had gotten dark. We walked to the train trestle and there were some old tires there. Someone had thrown them in the ditch instead of taking them to the dump.

There was a lot of dried brush that time of year and we decided to stack up the two tires and fill them with brush and make a fire. We didn't want it to be seen, so we built it under the trestle.

Okay, it lit right up, no problem. It was really roaring in no time. The problem was that the flames under the trestle starting heating up the railroad ties and they were sweating creosote. This is like tar, and the railroad ties are soaked in it to preserve them, but it's very combustable. The railroad ties were really getting hot and it occurred to me that we might accidentally set the trestle on fire! We had to move the fire.

We were on a flat concrete floor under the tracks, and the creek ran through it inside a big pipe. at the edge, the pipe opened and the creek was right there, so I thought that I could kick the tires into the water and put out the fire.

When I kicked the tires they didn't roll in the water like I wanted. They broke up. Little pieces of burning rubber went everywhere. It got in the brush next to the bank and little fires were starting. the two tires did go in the water, but there were a lot of little fires.

We started trying to stomp them out. Then we got the idea to take off out shirts and try to beat them out. We couldn't do it. It was windy and dry and nothing was working.

It started to really light up. It was getting bright. A truck went past and we hid, but it didn't stop. We went back to trying to put the fire out and realized it was impossible. We decided to run. We couldn't go back down the tracks and the road because we would have been seen, so instead we ran through the field next to the creek.

Our street ran parallel to the creek so we were able to run through the field to home. By then it was fully dark and we were running though the darkness. I remember being suddenly in the air and then in the mud because we ran right into another drainage ditch, an empty one. Behind us the fire was traveling through the berry vines and trees that lined the creek.

We finally got to his house where no one was usually home, and I called the fire department. The woman asked me my name and I asked if I had to give it. She said "YES!!!" so I hung up. No caller ID back then and they didn't know who called. A few minutes later the fire trucks were heard and we went walking back that way to watch, but not close enough to be seen. They were able to put out the fire, and we did whatever else and then it was time to go to bed.

The next day our local evening paper reported the fire and said that it had been started by transients.

When we were kids we used to go to this place called 'coolidge hill', you could see the whole town from the top..we had matches and lit a fire
there, and it took off so fast there was nothing we could do. i ran home as
fast as i could - got home & listened to the scanner-sure the cops would be looking for me.
thank god i never got caught, my dad's a fireman, i think he would have
disowned me.

When we were kids we used to go to this place called 'coolidge hill', you could see the whole town from the top..we had matches and lit a fire
fast as i could - got home & listened to the scanner-sure the cops would be looking for me.
disowned me.

Ha, yikes! Still doesn't know? :eek:
Boys and fire...:crazy:

No, he still doesn't know-I'm never telling him that!
Oh, and I'm a girl!!

oh, sorry:lbf:
I keep doing that.:o

Of course, our parents have all done things they don't want us to know.:straightface: Some things are better kept secret.:p

I almost set my kitchen on fire...

twice.

I put a butterfly net over a priest's head while he was talking to someone when I was around 10 or 12 or so. Then I ran away. :blushing:

when iwas ab out 12 i masturbated maybe 6 times on a flight between england and canada

I put a butterfly net over a priest's head while he was talking to someone when I was around 10 or 12 or so. Then I ran away. :blushing:

:laughing:
You can't imagine what a bizarre and funny thing that was to read at 11:30...
:clap: :D

As for me... well, I'm a lonely Smiths fan of course. *facepalm* :D
But no, nothing particularly juicy. My life bores me out of my tiny mind. :p

Last edited:
disowned me.

Working for an organisation that deals with this kind of incident....I'm appalled at this confession:eek:

No, he still doesn't know-I'm never telling him that!
Oh, and I'm a girl!!

Maybe I'll have a word with you dad in August:p:thumb:

Oh, and yes, she's definately a girl:flowers:

when iwas ab out 12 i masturbated maybe 6 times on a flight between england and canada

What kind of inflight film did they have on:laughing:
Was this all in the toilet or under the blankett in dark:squiffy:

Jukebox Jury

Tags
try helium
Back
Top Bottom