Morrissey Central "To Be Right But Not To Be Believed" (April 25, 2020)

New Message from Moz:

"During this fascinating period of Big Brother conformism … otherwise known as Kung Flu, a lot of people have adopted Everyday Is Like Sunday as the summing-up of our times. I like all of the clips, but this one particularly :

The constant question I hear is 'why don't the label re-issue the song?', and of course, you might as well ask me why the universe is made up of matter but not antimatter. In fact, THAT question is easier to answer."

-Morrissey, 25 April, in the year 2525.

It's all the wee things that creep in, like the police looking in your shopping bag to see you've been out for essentials, or everyone clapping at 8pm on a Thursday, or the NHS becoming a charity case.
Your last point there is a diamond bullet.

Those who need protecting have been left exposed; those who are capable have been subjugated and humiliated.

And the Tories have no intention of picking up the bill for this man-made catastrophe. In fact, the debt will be used as a rationale to raise VAT, cut public spending, cut capital gains tax, freeze the minimum wage, and justify the mass unemployment that has formerly been concealed (by the bizarre criteria that determines ‘employment’).

Last edited by a moderator:
It's a joke.

No it isn't, he did the same thing with "I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris" after the attacks in 2015.

No it isn't, he did the same thing with "I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris" after the attacks in 2015.

Yes, it is - look at the phrasing.

And finding a hook to moan about something to your record company in an email isn't any sign of ruthless cashing in - he could have been on everything from Live Aid to One World: Together At Home if he was that bothered.

People who think Moz is out there to make ‘profit’ really have not been paying any attention for the last 35 years. Jeez.
If there has been one who doesn’t ‘play the game’ it is Moz.

Come on Moz fans - step up to the plate and back your hero in not bowing to the state, why don't you all get out there and transport as much infective agent as you can? After all, you come first, and f*** everyone else, right? Don't be a conformist, do what Moz says.
I'm going to buy a download of the song for every time you post in this thread. Within reason, anyway...

Come on Moz fans - step up to the plate and back your hero in not bowing to the state, why don't you all get out there and transport as much infective agent as you can? After all, you come first, and f*** everyone else, right? Don't be a conformist, do what Moz says.

I think you're maybe confusing being a "Moz fan" with being an utterly deranged obsessive who quite literally lives one's life according to whatever Morrissey may claim to believe at that point in time.

The whole "all or nothing" vibe you constantly emit on here is really quite scary.

And finding a hook to moan about something to your record company in an email isn't any sign of ruthless cashing in - he could have been on everything from Live Aid to One World: Together At Home if he was that bothered.
He could possibly have been on the former but there's no chance he'd have been invited on Together at Home. Unfairly or not, his name/image has become totally toxic - a deeply unpleasant far-right extremist who prefers his own race.

MOZ KILLED ME!!!!:gun:
A last Moz what a beatiful message !!! .That family is incredible !!!
I am happy ,happy ,and happy , after the previous message that I published, that I did not like anything , and it made me confuse ,this New message from Moz confirms that he is good , and even tender!!
MOZ I admire you and I thank you for looking at your fans ,those are publications that are worthwhile and you must repeat on your site messages written by you that move me ,that he has his feet on the ground ,that he has a big heart ,and that he is not a cocky living in a bubble as some say ,I expected and expected a message of this style that the day would ,come when my idol would publish something as high as this ,but ....as allways there is a but , I'm not satisfied ,now I want more it continued like this !!
MOZ they care a lot a lot!!!.
Now I want a message from you for the fans of the Solo we love you !!!! give it a go !!! Many of us are a little depressed by the chinese virus, most people just love you!!
VAMOZ MOZ FOR MORE.
THIS IS MY MORRISSEY, VIVA!!!!:gun:?❤❤❤❤

I have little doubt that in a year's time, with the benefit of hindsight, wise Sweden will be seen as demonstrating pure common sense and rationality on this issue. They have treated their citizens like adults in a democracy - rather than serfs in a dictatorship. The world is facing a nightmarish increase in dictatorships that have used the pandemic to introduce draconian powers, the poor in South America, Africa and Asia will die in their millions due to the increase in poverty, and we in the UK are facing a social and economic catastrophe.

His parents are in their mid-80s, maybe the big rebel should 'refuse to conform' and see how they cope? What an idiot.
As Morrissey has correctly highlighted, to have a mind of one’s own is starting to be perceived as a sign of infection. In fact, you’ve virtually equated the two things.

I doubt any parent, worthy of the responsibility, would want their children to live in such a hideous world.

As Sweden has shown - there are sensible ways of reducing and mitigating infective spread without introducing a Big Brother-style lockdown, e.g. promoting social distancing in shops and businesses, asking the vulnerable to self-isolate, protecting care homes etc. I don't think anyone is suggesting we do nothing. But we should debate whether the lockdown is a good idea. Or would you rather debate and dissent are banned?

I have little doubt that in a year's time, with the benefit of hindsight, wise Sweden will be seen as demonstrating pure common sense and rationality on this issue. They have treated their citizens like adults in a democracy - rather than serfs in a dictatorship. The world is facing a nightmarish increase in dictatorships that have used the pandemic to introduce draconian powers, the poor in South America, Africa and Asia will die in their millions due to the increase in poverty, and we in the UK are facing a social and economic catastrophe.
Yes: distracted by Kung-Flu, we’re actually succumbing to a much nastier malady. And “I don’t believe in magic anymore”.

Look, nobody wanted to believe it last time he did this, either - until he got lawyers involved and had the leaked email removed on the grounds of copyright infringement. Obviously you'll defend Morrissey to the death, whatever he does, but pretending not to see what's in front of your face doesn't do you (or him) any favours.

He could possibly have been on the former but there's no chance he'd have been invited on Together at Home. Unfairly or not, his name/image has become totally toxic - a deeply unpleasant far-right extremist who prefers his own race.

He's not a far right extremist & he prefers cats.

My point was if he only cared about exploiting situations to make money then he wouldn't go against the grain & he would be invited on all of these things.

Look, nobody wanted to believe it last time he did this, either - until he got lawyers involved and had the leaked email removed on the grounds of copyright infringement. Obviously you'll defend Morrissey to the death, whatever he does, but pretending not to see what's in front of your face doesn't do you (or him) any favours.

I'm not pretending anything, it's literally phrased as a joke.

And complaining to a record company that they can't even sell a song about Paris when everyone's talking about Paris might not be the most sensitive thing in the world but he obviously perpetually complains about sales.

Clearly Skinny - the anti-racist campaigner (lol) - is comfortable with the government taking on totalitarian powers of social control. I am not. History has shown again and again, that once governments get a taste for totalitarian powers, their appetite only increases. In France - to leave the house - you have to log on to a government website and download permission on your smartphone. A policy now picked up by an admiring Vladimir Putin in Russia. This is crazy. Time to wake up.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom