TTY update: the baby's identity is revealed

Ok, so after reading these posts, I've come to the conclusion that much more Julia bashing needs to be done around here!!

I will do my part as always... :)

Julia? That Julia? Cockmuncher, mate.

Heh. :p Nice pun. :D

It's like lumping Palestine and Israel together. Just to show, here's a politcal map of the island in question:
ireland-map.gif
And as you can see, Omagh and Belfast are in that top bit, labelled 'Northern Ireland (UK)'. At the time of writing, Northern Ireland is not Ireland.

Maybe it's a mild political statement, who knows? When I was in Belfast and Derry last May, there were quite a few Ireland tri-colour flags a-flyin', as if to say "It's all Ireland."

Maybe it's a mild political statement, who knows? When I was in Belfast and Derry last May, there were quite a few Ireland tri-colour flags a-flyin', as if to say "It's all Ireland."

26+6=1. a lot of derry are catholics and therefore attach themselves to the green, white and gold,

Yes, i should have mentioned that - the Ireland flags were definitely in the Catholic areas.

And now for something completely different: remember when there was a discussion about the "odd" way Moz is holding said baby Sebastien on the album cover photo? I was idly watching the Catherine Tate show this past Friday, and lo and behold she was holding a baby exactly like Mozza in one skit.

Yeah, I'm pretty bored...

Oh Gawd, are Omagh and Belfast really listed as Ireland? They're in Northern Ireland.

ireland-map.gif
And as you can see, Omagh and Belfast are in that top bit, labelled 'Northern Ireland (UK)'. At the time of writing, Northern Ireland is not Ireland. :p

good work, young lady.

Maybe it's a mild political statement, who knows?

quite probably; steven's not noted for his insight into, or comprehension of, the subject.

When I was in Belfast and Derry last May, there were quite a few Ireland tri-colour flags a-flyin', as if to say "It's all Ireland."

did you happen to see any other flags when you visited belfast or londonderry? the other ones suggest that it isn't.

does not compute.

a lot of derry are catholics and therefore attach themselves to the green, white and gold,

it doesn't necessarily work like that.

Last edited:
quite probably; steven's not noted for his insight into, or comprehension of, the subject.

did you happen to see any other flags when you visited belfast or londonderry? the other ones suggest that it isn't.

Yes, I saw the intriguing (and slightly creepy, it must be said) "Red Hand of Ulster" which would represent t'other side as it were.

ulster.gif

I know that Steven isn't wildly political, but he is the son of Irish immigrants and raised in the Catholic faith - he may well have an opinion.

I know that Steven isn't wildly political, but he is the son of Irish immigrants and raised in the Catholic faith - he may well have an opinion.

it seems likely - and judging by previous expressions of interest, on his part, it appears to be a wholly uninformed one.

maybe his views are 26+6=1 and/or f*** THE QUEEN. and he may well sympathise with these....

Last edited:
maybe his views are 26+6=1 and/or f*** THE QUEEN. i don't really know anything about anything :guitar:

i suspect that he is quite that crass.

Last edited:
What the bloody hell has happened here?

I guess that there must be people who want one Ireland, as it were, but as far as I was aware, the majority of people in Northern Ireland are happy being in the UK. I don't really understand why, because they always get left out of special offers, but when Ireland claimed independence, Northern Ireland decided to stay in the UK.

All I was trying to say (although I ended up sounding slightly too much of a coloniser for my liking) was that as far as things currently stand, Omagh and Belfast are in Northern Ireland. Maybe Northern Ireland wants change, I don't know. I think they should break away from the UK if that's what they want.

Last edited:
Oh dear. I'm afraid the transition wasn't *quite* so smooth. Hence, The Troubles (not a rock band), Bloody Sunday (not just a U2 song) and so forth.

However, let's all hope the future will be better. Let's focus on babies and butterflies and Christmas cheer :D

Oh dear. I'm afraid the transition wasn't *quite* so smooth. Hence, The Troubles (not a rock band), Bloody Sunday (not just a U2 song) and so forth.

However, let's all hope the future will be better. Let's focus on babies and butterflies and Christmas cheer :D

Yes, I knew there were some people who used violence to try to get one Ireland, and wasn't Bloody Sunday (the main one that people know, I think there were several) the British Army opening fire on protestors? :( I haven't ever learnt much about the recent history of Northern Ireland, which is a shame because I think I should have been taught about it.

Okay, I think I've gone off topic for long enough now. :p I think the cover has grown on me. :p Maybe Sebastien's presence on it is why I've been feeling broody recently. :p

Strange how the baby story turned into an Irish history subject.
As an Irish person, I'm just glad that things have calmed down and there's now an IKEA in Belfast!

Strange how the baby story turned into an Irish history subject.
As an Irish person, I'm just glad that things have calmed down and there's now an IKEA in Belfast!

My fault. :o I apologise for everything.

Wow! Now let's talk about Sweden! :p [/joking]

Back
Top Bottom