We are so lucky to have Morrissey

A

Anonymous

As I listen to Low in High School today, I realise how very lucky his fans are. Morrissey is a legend in music but he is still an evolving artist... When you call someone a legend (he is, obviously) but it feels like you are already fixing his career into a finished entity. But it isn't so.

Even today, after all these years Morrissey is still putting out music that is fresh, original and beautiful.

Many artists, after many years in the industry, suffer from becoming stale. Morrissey somehow stays so inspired and creative. All those years ago he embarked on a career and all these years later we have Low in High School. I have been listening to this album so much and it's probably my favourite he's ever done. It moves me.

I get goosebumps listening to some of those tracks. How has he stayed so inventive and fresh? Most tracks on LIHS are brilliant.

I think we all need to remember how lucky we are to be alive in this time on earth when one of music's greatest ever beings is with us, making music that will be cherished and loved for always.

Love you, Morrissey.

As I listen to Low in High School today, I realise how very lucky his fans are. Morrissey is a legend in music but he is still an evolving artist... When you call someone a legend (he is, obviously) but it feels like you are already fixing his career into a finished entity. But it isn't so.

Even today, after all these years Morrissey is still putting out music that is fresh, original and beautiful.

Many artists, after many years in the industry, suffer from becoming stale. Morrissey somehow stays so inspired and creative. All those years ago he embarked on a career and all these years later we have Low in High School. I have been listening to this album so much and it's probably my favourite he's ever done. It moves me.

I get goosebumps listening to some of those tracks. How has he stayed so inventive and fresh? Most tracks on LIHS are brilliant.

I think we all need to remember how lucky we are to be alive in this time on earth when one of music's greatest ever beings is with us, making music that will be cherished and loved for always.

Love you, Morrissey.
Life when being just a sweet sixteen, bless.

Sorry but there is a lot of garbage on LIHS. Home Is A Question Mark is amazing though

Love you, Morrissey.

I completly agree, including the love.
But about 50% of the people here are full of hate. For some reasons they just don´t leave this place. Sad people, if you ask me!

VERY EXTREMELY SUPER HAPPY TO HAVE MOZ HERE MAKING 5 STAR RECORDS!!!:rock::rock::rock::rock:
sad to have the miserable lot, skinny, chezz, g23 et al, in a word, the communists. I guess you have to get the Ying with the Yang.:paranoid:

completely agree, the last two albums have been very different to each other and his voice actually sounds stronger as he gets older.

VERY EXTREMELY SUPER HAPPY TO HAVE MOZ HERE MAKING 5 STAR RECORDS!!!:rock::rock::rock::rock:
sad to have the miserable lot, skinny, chezz, g23 et al, in a word, the communists. I guess you have to get the Ying with the Yang.:paranoid:
Screen Shot 2018-07-31 at 9.14.35 AM.png

I think the last two albums have been tragically uneven. "The Girl from Tel-Aviv Who Wouldn't Kneel" and "Staircase at the University" are two of his very best solo songs, but some of his worst songs (musically, at least) are on those albums as well, such as "Spent the Day in Bed" and "Earth Is the Loneliest Planet." Yet some people love those, so what do I know? He has lost nothing in terms of his voice, his vocal lines, and his lyricism. I agree with the person who said his voice almost gets better as he gets older. I just think it's time for an entirely new songwriting partner. Obviously I have no say. I think "List of the Lost" is the best novel of the new millennium, so if he retires to become a novelist I would certainly welcome that one. I'll take his writing in any format. If he became a blogger tomorrow I would die of joy. (He would have to disable comments, of course).

Love you, Morrissey.

Some people want Morrissey to become as stale and stuck in his ways as they clearly are. They're stuck in the '80s while Morrissey just keeps moving forward and trying to learn and grow.

I was actually thinking about this yesterday, and you touch on it above. He still aims to be experimental and do new things musically, while most people at his stage in their careers have long since carved out a template and stick to it rather safely. Morrissey could quite easily have just decided to make ten or fifteen more Viva Hates, but we can see a great deal of evolution and progression in his music instead, unlike practically any other artist.

[QUOTE="Aubrey McFate, post: 1987103506, member: 28572"If he became a blogger tomorrow I would die of joy. (He would have to disable comments, of course).[/QUOTE]
I'm not sure if he would have disable comments, but there's a fair chance he would make comments about the disabled.

Love you, Morrissey.

Yes,you are right.We are lucky to have him,For those who hate him or don't care ,it's their choice.No problem at all.
All famous people has a lot of haters .
Take care

Communist:rock:

If there was ONE album released between 2014-2017 ("Peace in High School is None of Your Business") and the track list was exactly as follows, then maybe it would be fair to say that Morrissey's recorded output since 2014 has been overall respectable:

Staircase At The University – 5:27 (Morrissey/Boorer)
My Love, I'd Do Anything For You – 4:43 (Morrissey/Lopez)
Istanbul – 4:41 (Morrissey/Boorer)
I'm Not A Man – 7:48 (Morrissey/Tobias)
One Of Our Own – 3:33 (Morrissey/Manzur)
Home Is A Question Mark – 4:00 (Morrissey/Lopez)

The Bullfighter Dies – 2:03 (Morrissey/Tobias)
When You Open Your Legs – 3:17 (Morrissey/Tobias)
Forgive Someone – 3:10 (Morrissey/Tobias)
I Wish You Lonely – 2:59 (Morrissey/Boorer)
Mountjoy – 5:02 (Morrissey/Boorer)
Oboe Concerto – 4:07 (Morrissey/Boorer)

Unfortunately, there are about a dozen songs that I've cut that are pretty terrible.

WTF DAWG?:crazy:
that hooptie you drive got AC?:eek:
you need to go to Tesco and buy a 5 cent plug for it.:lbf:

Insanity prevails among the Moz haters no doubt.:straightface:
No, just you. It's pretty plain to see. It was funny seeing you get called out on an unrelated forum though.

No, just you. It's pretty plain to see. It was funny seeing you get called out on an unrelated forum though.

:crazy:
O NO did the INSANE CLOWN POSSE finally locate my Literature blog? :crazy:

If there was ONE album released between 2014-2017 ("Peace in High School is None of Your Business") and the track list was exactly as follows, then maybe it would be fair to say that Morrissey's recorded output since 2014 has been overall respectable:

Staircase At The University – 5:27 (Morrissey/Boorer)
My Love, I'd Do Anything For You – 4:43 (Morrissey/Lopez)
Istanbul – 4:41 (Morrissey/Boorer)
I'm Not A Man – 7:48 (Morrissey/Tobias)
One Of Our Own – 3:33 (Morrissey/Manzur)
Home Is A Question Mark – 4:00 (Morrissey/Lopez)

The Bullfighter Dies – 2:03 (Morrissey/Tobias)
When You Open Your Legs – 3:17 (Morrissey/Tobias)
Forgive Someone – 3:10 (Morrissey/Tobias)
I Wish You Lonely – 2:59 (Morrissey/Boorer)
Mountjoy – 5:02 (Morrissey/Boorer)
Oboe Concerto – 4:07 (Morrissey/Boorer)

Unfortunately, there are about a dozen songs that I've cut that are pretty terrible.

I'd say Istanbul, Home is a Question Mark and The Bullfighter Dies are pretty terrible. I like a few that you haven't included though. It's all subjective innit.

Back
Top Bottom