What songs are you obsessed with at the moment?

The live David Letterman rendition of "That's How People Grow Up". It's a gem but will, I suspect, be eclipsed by "I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris" when a decent version comes to light.

Blue Suede Shoes
Well I Wonder
Back To The Old House

Well I Wonder​

Late Night, Maudlin Street
Bengali In Platforms
Sing Your Life
If You Don't Like Me, Then Don't Look At Me

And any recent LIVE concert recording I have....:cool:

I'd like to add to my current list the 2002 version of Jack the Ripper. I didn't think it was that much better or worse the first time I heard it, but when I noticed how they changed the solo/bridge I didn't like the difference. Now I really like the solo, and the slightly different drums and tempo to the song. The beginning resembles Disappointed to me, and some of the lines are sung with a slightly different pace. Not a radically different arrangement, but I really like it.

Redondo Beach, from Live At Earl's Court

Good one Claudia!! Me too! Or moreso, my 7 yr old is. "Can I hear the 'reggae' song!?"

This weekend, I drove to MI and back listening to Viva Hate and Vauxhall and I. So, I'm obsessed with every song off both CDs. Howz that for a vague answer to the question :).

Alo besdies the ones I posted above earlier, The Subway Train intro for Everyday Is Like Sunday....just that part, I can't get it outta my head! And have been singing it for days.....along with The Operation, and The Boy Racer....LLOOOVVVEEE those songs!! And Southpaw grammar is beginning to be one of my fave cd's of Moz's!

Traditionally I open my school year with "Where the Streets Have No Name" before the kids come in.. sort of like my lucky routine.... so that song is the closest to an obsession right now...

There is a singer named Morrissey, he's slightly obscure but I've liked him for years. I can't stop listening to his songs lately... you should have a listen, you might like him! :D:D

Yeah, I think that's the one. He used to be in some band when I was a kid (!) What car commercial?

No, I hear he's hooked up with... well, I can't tell you who. Principally because I have no idea. Me? No.

Traditionally I open my school year with "Where the Streets Have No Name" before the kids come in.. sort of like my lucky routine.... so that song is the closest to an obsession right now...

My office and classroom is located to close to the street... So I have a choice of listening to the trucks that use the street to bypass the traffic from the highway or the basketball court that is below me. Everyday... "plunk plunk plunk" with the associated shouting. So everyday we play something new.

I throw on a lot of live shows to drown out the noise. The music acts as white noise... So my students and I also trade music back and forth. I am appraised of hte latest in hip hop - and by the end of the year they can simply hear the song and decide if its U2, Sinatra, Dean Martin, Morrissey / Smiths, or Dave Matthews...

It was one of my former students that introduced me to this board.

Back
Top Bottom