"You Have Killed Me" lyrics observation - Probably Old News

• Thread starter Deleted member 1074
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 1074

I am sure everyone knows this already BUT I thought I would point out that I just noticed all the Italian directors Morrissey sings about in the song were gay...

Just thought I would share that...

Morrissey you little batty boy!!!

anna magnani wasn't though.

but she's not a director either,

Last edited:
I am sure everyone knows this already BUT I thought I would point out that I just noticed all the Italian directors Morrissey sings about in the song were gay...

Just thought I would share that...
It took you all this time to notice that Pasolini and Visconti were gay?! :D

But it must have come as such as shock when he sang the second line live as "...Fellini I'll be..." since Fellini was very much straight. Damn! Another nice theory goes down the drain... :p

It took you all this time to notice that Pasolini and Visconti were gay?! :D

But it must have come as such as shock when he sang the second line live as "...Fellini I'll be..." since Fellini was very much straight. Damn! Another nice theory goes down the drain... :p

Well, he says a lot of silly things live...

But she was Italian!!

Pasolini was also a Marxist!! Let's see what we can make of that...

didn't marx and engles have a passionate love affair?;) either that or they wrote some, rather unknown and unsuccessful book together....i mean, it wasn't featured on oprahs book of the month club..it just can't be that good.

i think this song doesn't have a solution, but it ties in with everything else on the album...it's like a concept album...i don't think intentionally either

Morrissey's gay.

There. Thread over.

He says a lot of things in a lot of songs, most of which were created to make him the most debated British singer of all time. His plan was successful. Problem is, most of it was probably mere imagination on Morrissey's part. Sorry, but until he makes an announcement, (which he would never be tacky enough to do) or you see him lingering around Clapham Common, you'll have to hold off on the 'Morrissey is gay' statements.

Last edited:
But, in the original lyrics he created and chose to record, he says that Passolini and Visconti are him ('it's me')... I read this same idea somewhere in another thread I think... It could be a code, it could be not... But I'm free to think it's quite symptomatic...

Magnane's an actress...

Excuse me, but this thread was ended a few posts back. ;)

If it continues I'll be forced to tell you what I hear in the song.

If you take the subject of the song as being Italy and it's art (which I believe it is) then sexuality is completely irrelevant. He is talking about the emotional effect the art of Rome has had upon him.

Morrissey is obsessed with art and his place as an artist. He is much more interested in that than sex. It's what rules his life.

Morrissey's gay.

There. Thread over.

Moz has lots of lyrics that could be understood as ' i'm gay' but u know he doesnt write these in homosexual subconscious blackouts :D he realises by saying them people might think he's gay but he sings them in anyway. So either a) he's come out in his songs over and over again but he refuses it i interviews cos he's weird like that (which doesnt make a lot of sense cos after this album alot of people re just taking it as staple that he is gay, and he most of known that might happen wit 'Dear God') or b he's not gay but is bi, straight, himself and sings about the people, things he likes to sing about regardless

Moz has lots of lyrics that could be understood as ' i'm gay' but u know he doesnt write these in homosexual subconscious blackouts :D he realises by saying them people might think he's gay but he sings them in anyway. So either a) he's come out in his songs over and over again but he refuses it i interviews cos he's weird like that (which doesnt make a lot of sense cos after this album alot of people re just taking it as staple that he is gay, and he most of known that might happen wit 'Dear God') or b he's not gay but is bi, straight, himself and sings about the people, things he likes to sing about regardless

Of course Morrissey isn't gay. What about his lyrics or sensiblity would have ever led anyone to that conclusion, I do not know.

Morrissey is not gay. He just enjoys singing about sweaty boxers and Italian directors who like men.

Surely the Russell Brand interview gave you an inkling....

Back
Top Bottom