A sneaky way for Morrissey & Marr to reunite... what do you think?

SuedeMoz

Now that Morrissey has shown he is willing to play album anniversary shows (YATQ)... is there any way this could lead to Morrissey & Marr reuniting to play 40th Smiths album anniversary shows (MIM 2025 or QID 2026)? Think about it... they could do it without calling it a "Smiths reunion"... or in any way implying they are back together beyond the shows. It's a long shot, I know.

Last edited:
Now that Morrissey has shown he is willing to play album anniversary shows (YATQ)... is there any way this could lead to Morrissey & Marr reuniting to play 40th Smiths album anniversary shows? Think about it... they could do it without calling it a "Smiths reunion"... or in any way implying they are back together beyond the shows. It's a long shot, I know.
noooooooooo

It’s got to be Marr’s band and hitting Moz over the head with a guitar is off limits.

I think they've left it a bit late to book shows for the actual anniversary.

Morrissey doing a walk-on at a Marr Orchestra show would be... feasible but unlikely, and probably also a bad idea given the probability that some of the audience might boo him. Could have happened up till 2009 but the last decade was too much for some people.

tumblr_naynyarWs21qz7ng4o1_250.gif

Morrissey would have to write an open letter to Johnny apologizing for his last one and declaring him a good egg. So not gonna happen, but if it did I would pay a lot of spondulix to be there!

Morrissey would have to write an open letter to Johnny apologizing for his last one and declaring him a good egg. So not gonna happen, but if it did I would pay a lot of spondulix to be there!
The letter wasn't insulting, was it, just asking in a world-weary way to step away and plow one's own furrow?
Now Johnny's riding high. I haven't looked at his set-list. Is it Smiths-heavy?
If anything, Johnny needs to woo Morrissey, since he (Marr) i the one who insisted on the pay-deal that led to the divisive expensive court-case; who left the band in the lurch, apparently suddenly but not really since he'd already on the sly set himself up in solo business, and so on. So Morrissey does not need to apologise to Johnny for anything. But there is just a little whiff of possibility now. Who knows?

The letter wasn't insulting, was it, just asking in a world-weary way to step away and plow one's own furrow?
If anything, Johnny needs to woo Morrissey, since he (Marr) i the one who insisted on the pay-deal that led to the divisive expensive court-case; who left the band in the lurch, apparently suddenly but not really since he'd already on the sly set himself up in solo business, and so on. So Morrissey does not need to apologise to Johnny for anything. But there is just a little whiff of possibility now. Who knows?
Maybe he will rock up at Morrissey’s front door and say oi you old bastard let’s get a band together… again.

Johnny said in an interview that he did find the letter insulting so an apology is indeed needed before anything can happen. And it was Morrissey who insisted on the 40/40/10/10 split, the rest of the band were practically teenagers when that deal was struck. Besides when has Johnny been involved in a pay dispute without Moz being involved? Moz' career has been a never-ending series of money disputes.

Yeah, it would sell out...then he could cancel! He'd obviously be happy, everyone else wouldn't be. Simples.

Let's see how these Quarry shows go. After all the recent cancellations & postponed shows, Morrissey has still shown himself to be completely unreliable.

There's more chance of Morrissey getting elected Pope than there is of a Smiths reunion. Let it go, as it's never going to happen.

Tags
johnny marr morriessy smiths
Back
Top Bottom