Andy Rourke

I hope that tribute band got rouke to sign something before he played... It is after all well documented that rouke likes things to be written down

if not he may, as his past conduct implies, claim he owns 25% of their earnings at some stage.

means nothing

either say how you "know" or don't say anything

I maintain they trade from The Smiths name

And they trade from The Smiths name because...well, what else do they have going for them? Not a lot. Joyce, Rourke etc are trotted out to give their 2 cents every time the Smiths get so much as a passing mention on a music or pop culture show, and they jump at the chance for publicity and yet another opportunity to slag off the man who made them famous. Even Marr does it, for some unfathomable reason. Morrissey's absence from all these cash-in shows speaks volumes.

means nothing

either say how you "know" or don't say anything

I maintain they trade from The Smiths name

How many people have you interviewed/arranged to be interviewed for television programmes? Of the countless people I have dealt with none of them were paid. Of course, I can't be certain that these guys weren't paid but I can say with relative authority and personal experience that as that programme was made for the BBC it is highly unlikely that they were paid for their contributions.

Is that ok? Would you now like me to scan in my pay slips? Do I have your permission to continue posting or should I run everything by you in the future? :rolleyes:

How many people have you interviewed/arranged to be interviewed for television programmes? Of the countless people I have dealt with none of them were paid. Of course, I can't be certain that these guys weren't paid but I can say with relative authority and personal experience that as that programme was made for the BBC it is highly unlikely that they were paid for their contributions.

Is that ok? Would you now like me to scan in my pay slips? Do I have your permission to continue posting or should I run everything by you in the future? :rolleyes:

no just don't suggest a name like "media whore" means we should just believe that you "know" even though before you said it was "unlikey" and now you say you "can't be certain." - "haven't got a clue" would have been more honest

rouke and joyce are very greedy people - did you ever try and arrange an interview with them?

I am certain rouke is paid as a DJ when he appears as "andy rouke exSmiths" and for the DVD's and appearences/magazine interviews at least.

no just don't suggest a name like "media whore" means we should just believe that you "know" even though before you said it was "unlikey" and now you say you "can't be certain." - "haven't got a clue" would have been more honest

rouke and joyce are very greedy people - did you ever try and arrange an interview with them?

I am certain rouke is paid as a DJ when he appears as "andy rouke exSmiths" and for the DVD's and appearences/magazine interviews at least.

I said it was "unlikely" but I "can't be certain". I did not work on the programme and I have not seen the release forms. I can only go from my experience working for the BBC and I can say I "know" that they do not pay for comment. Working for other companies I "know" that it is standard practice not to pay for interviews. If that doesn't satisfy you then continue to believe whatever you want to believe. It makes no difference to me. And you can't compare a government broadcaster and a private club. Of course he would be paid for his appearance as a DJ.

I hope you see the irony that you claim authority in knowing they were paid.

I said it was "unlikely" but I "can't be certain". I did not work on the programme and I have not seen the release forms. I can only go from my experience working for the BBC and I can say I "know" that they do not pay for comment. Working for other companies I "know" that it is standard practice not to pay for interviews. If that doesn't satisfy you then continue to believe whatever you want to believe. It makes no difference to me. And you can't compare a government broadcaster and a private club. Of course he would be paid for his appearance as a DJ.

I hope you see the irony that you claim authority in knowing they were paid.

common sense says they are paid for some things (not everything) and therefore they trade on the name "The Smiths" - agreed?

i am an authority on common sense

also they contibuted more than "comment" for those things (which i am not surpised is often offered for free) certainly on the DVD - they offered "the inside story"

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom