Both Quarry anniversary events cancelled (January 25, 2024)

Tomorrow's show in Anaheim is canceled according to Ticketmaster :(

LA show is still on for now...

Posted by SOSB:

27th is cancelled as per Kia Forum twitter.

Links posted by Famous when dead:

Last edited by a moderator:
It seems he is purposefully throwing what is left of his career into the toilet bowl. All we need is for someone to flush and that will be the end of Morrissey as a current musical entity.
He hasn't been a "current musical entity" since about 1995.

He saw these posted up at the Honda Center and cancelled lol.
IMG_5595.jpeg

wonder why they didn’t post how many he didn’t cancel.
Why don't you do it, FiDo? Since you are such an expert on everything Morrissey and know his and now Alain's innermost thougths, you are surely the only one who can take this task and make it right for Mozzy. Save him! Please save him from himself! Only you can do it!

I think Morrissey working with a whole new band would be the kick in the ass that he needs. I think it would be very exciting musically. A breath of fresh air. The guy has needed a change for a Very long time now.

He needs a band, not a bunch of mediocre session players (aside from Buckley). The people he's with now are just "fillers". There's a lot about Johnny Marr's music I don't care for but his band is head and shoulders above Morrissey's hired hands.

New band, new management, new composers, new set lists. I think his fans would love that.
I guess he is what 65 ?
Lots of his fans are over 50 , and can’t be assed. He is at odds with most young people politically , so he doesn’t convert them like he did in early 2000. The shame of it is his voice is brilliant but it hasn’t got too many years left . It’s a shame he doesn’t do more with it , at least release records .
I used to think he had the magic in him, I still do but not as sure . The worry is he surrounds himself with yes men that have let him have an inflated idea of his importance , let him think it was still 2013 in Los Angeles. Why else book Kia ? Quarry was Ms love letter to Los Angeles , if he had trouble selling tickets playing that here , it shows he needs to rethink things. He has let so many people down over the years . I don’t know.

He saw these posted up at the Honda Center and cancelled lol.View attachment 100966

hahaha

I told myself if these two gigs were canceled then that would be it. Game over. It would be beyond a circus side-show by then.

The nail has been firmly implanted into the coffin.

Also, deep apologies to those who made travel arrangements and the like, along with those in NZ and everywhere else late last year. You certainly won’t be getting a sorry or an explanation from the singer.

I think a lot of us knew these shows would not happen, and I think it's the reason people kept checking the ticketmaster site. But then of course, we are attacked by the sycophants for daring to not shower Morrissey with glowing praise, every minute of every day. Suck it, sycophants, we were right again.
Detractors 1
Sycophants 0

Damn. I was all chuffed and ready to meet up with Mr Proper and Hey Nonny Nonny to celebrate the anniversary of our posts to each other.

🌴🌴🌴O.k. Morrissey...here goes from S.D. Crew. Give Alain and Boz a call ... The Walker dudes.... Gary, Mickie, and Deno ...ya Spencer and Michael Stipe, B,-52s for a big summer show in L.A. Morrissey & R.E.M. "Near Wild Heaven "...It all used to be fun .....it still can !!! H.O.T.Y.F.

The venue was too ambitious, Mexico in another week, hopefully the backlog of recordings will also see daylight this year, there are still possibilities.🥃

Both venues at less 35% capacity as of Monday, perhaps fans were waiting for day of purchases/walk-ups? This never would have happened in the LA area 5 years ago.

Also, say what you will about past band members (some good, some very good) and current members (some so-so & cover band-esque) , but the wheels seemed to really start falling off fast once Boz Boorer left the scene. He was more than a guitarist, musical director, producer (Interlude) and all around good guy it seems.

Morrissey needs Marr right now.
And tbh Marr needs Morrissey. He's hardly setting the world alight.

"Morrissey & Marr" needs to be a thing for both their sakes. Bury the hatchet. Write new music together. Play shows together which are part duo - just Moz with Marr on electric guitar - and the other set a full band....

Including Craig Gannon, Alain, Andrew Paresi/Mike and someone who can play Andy's bass lines.

Morrissey needs to ditch his new band and have a complete rethink. It's time for olive branches... Or both of them risk fading away.
Um. Morrissey is unreliable. Marr won’t touch that. Who would?

He would need the unconditional, uncritical support of the masses. He still sees himself as the great artist, who fills the biggest halls, should have TV dates and sells records en masse. Slander and smear campaigns by others prevent him from doing so.
No. He is a failed artist.

Back
Top Bottom