Morrissey Central "CANCEL CULTURE BEGINS AT HOME" (January 11, 2024)

full

"There is also an obvious media shift to delete me from being the central essence of The Smiths, but this cannot work because I invented the group name, the song-titles, the album titles, the artwork, the vocal melodies, and all of the lyrical sentiments came from my heart … and so it's a bit like saying Mick Jagger had nothing to do with the Stones. Several news sites now claim that the initial meeting at Rough Trade Records was with "Johnny Marr and Andy Rourke," even though Andy wasn't even a committed band member at that point. The meeting, of course, was Morrissey and Marr. Even Geoff Travis has now suddenly decided that he "can't remember who was with Johnny," even though Geoff looked me squarely in the eye on that very day and said "we'd like to release Hand In Glove immediately," and he then more importantly said to me that his name was Geoff with a G, not Jeff with a J. The hounds are snapping!

Hand in glove, I stake my claim! I'll fight to the last breath! "

-Morrissey, in conversation, 2023.

full

Morrissey in Tokyo, 2023, by Ryan Lowry.

Media items:

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes interesting to read how the locals banded together to protect the area from being lost.
But... the street looks uncluttered, possibly closed off? Permission might have been given so not cancelled this time.
Perhaps we'll get to see some more Tokyo pics at some point.

MozTokyo_Crop.jpeg

Akarui_Hanazono_Ichiban_Street_20140720_Crop.jpg

‘There are over 200 bars to choose from and knowing where to start is easier said than done. You may want to take a couple of things into consideration though: some bars do have signs saying “no foreigners”, “no tourists,” or “regulars only” — which, though you may disagree, is their right. With space for only a few customers, some wish to keep their seats free for regulars who will spend the evening rather than bar-hopping tourists who might have one drink, loiter, and leave. So take notice of the signs and choose somewhere more welcoming — after all, you’re not exactly short of friendly alternatives here.’

Yes interesting to read how the locals banded together to protect the area from being lost.
But... the street looks uncluttered, possibly closed off? Permission might have been given so not cancelled this time.
Perhaps we'll get to see some more Tokyo pics at some point.

View attachment 100454
View attachment 100456

Just think it was shot early. Bars don’t open till around 8pm.

Yes Gordy that was all over the news here, he was about as convincing as a woman as, well, a big butch rapist scumbag dressed up as a woman. And the SNP were on his side.

Wasn't that prisoner kept out of the general population and held under segregation rules?

Last edited:
Wasn't that prisoner kept out of the general population and held under segregation rules?
Yes he was in segregation in a womens prison, but it was clear he only said he was trans to stop going to a male prison, even his missus said he was making it up but they still put him there.

Should be “Cancellations Begin At Home.” Has he no capacity for self-reflection at all?
He seemed to be more self aware when he was younger, but he appears to go from criticising himself to then doubling down on the behaviour he just reflected upon.

Here what real...Morrissey should not give a flying F what if others are trying to write him out of The Smiths. It is impossible to do. Marr, Rourke, Joyce, Gannon and Street could have all been at the RT meeting without Morrissey and it wouldn't make a difference. The Smiths are unique because of Moz personality, voice and lyrics. They are not the only contributing factors, but they are cemented in the legacy.

However other are right that he is his own worst enemy. The letter to Johnny was unnecessary and petty. He should be proud that Marr talks about the Smiths. However it was a little petty of Marr to infer that he loved working with all frontmen, except Morrissey. I'm sure that hurt and is likely very untrue.

Morrissey really needs to just make a 360. I and everyone would love to celebrate Morrissey legacy, but he makes it hard. Instead of whining about BOT, apologize and rerecord Veronica with Linder or someone else. No one will care, but holding the album for that is childish. Or if he doesn't like that route, buy the album and release to fans directly. Also instead of playing 2 songs on an advertised Quarry anniversary tour, play 6 and also add 5 other Vauxhall or Viva Hate or smiths or whatever songs to the set and stop playing the same songs again and again. I would go see him but i say this tours 8 years ago. Furthermore, play for at least 1.5 hours because the fans deserve it, and while he's at it don't cancel anymore shows. Then fans will talk about how great the shows were and he will start a buzz that will get a label interested in the second unreleased album. Then apologize publicly to Marr which would be a complete shocked and get lots of press. Maybe even talk about how much he respects Marrs contributions to The Smiths. Then the ball is rolling for a monster 2025 and a new respect for the mature Morrissey. would this all be great? However...... we all know he will do the exact opposite of all this and just go further in the hole or self pity and pettiness. He can't just help himself.

BTW, if Morrissey need a publicist or manager I'm right here! :)
This is pretty spot on. I also believe that his letter to Marr was an attempt to start a conversation with him in a very haphazard way. I know people who do this.

It would not surprise me in the least if he was trying to provoke and re-engage Johnny.
I couldn't agree more. In fact, I just wrote a comment echoing this sentiment. Self destructive people who struggle to apologise for their own behaviour often do this to try to form a friendship/relationship again.

Well...we all know Jeff is a plonker !

God Bless Morrissey-Smith and Marr-Smith. Not just for saving me from Roxy's Disco and The Human League ...

Hazard x

Back
Top Bottom