Morrissey Central "MELANIE SAFKA, RIP" (January 25, 2024)

melanie-safka.jpg

"I heard of Melanie Safka's death with a white-knuckle shiver. Her lyric poetry arrested me at the age of 11, and it made me whatever it is I became. She was one of those now extinct songwriters who encouraged you to see the truth … long before this 2024 … where people are suddenly petrified of opening dialogue. Melanie Safka immediately earned the status of Art, and none more deservedly so. I pray that she went to sleep in peace, and that she can hear my words of deathless gratitude."
MORRISSEY.

Edited C&P from the Condolence thread:

Her I Don't Eat Animals was used in the pre-show reel 2011.
She was number 14 in Morrissey's most revered singers - true-to-you.net (January 1, 2014).
Snip✂️
RIP.
Regards,
FWD.

RIP

👆 I think Central forgot about the 'official' lyric video.
FWD.

Dialogue is non-stop these days. It's just that if you're talking about hot topics, no one is interested in your art, they want you to go on podcasts.

another great singer gone,wont be many left at this rate.

Dialogue is non-stop these days. It's just that if you're talking about hot topics, no one is interested in your art, they want you to go on podcasts.
Really? Dialogue? Groups like Stonewall have a 'no debate' policy. Discussion and free exchange of ideas is seen as cis white Euro-centric colonialism, and all that bollocks.
Moz is absolutely spot on. Dialogue is only to be found on the internet in 2024 - it is nowhere to be found in mainstream media or the arts. Philosophers like Peter Boghossian make the same point as Moz. In this world of woke, values are turned on their head. Diversity = conformity. Inclusion = exclusion. Equity = discrimination.

Really? Dialogue? Groups like Stonewall have a 'no debate' policy. Discussion and free exchange of ideas is seen as cis white Euro-centric colonialism, and all that bollocks.
Moz is absolutely spot on. Dialogue is only to be found on the internet in 2024 - it is nowhere to be found in mainstream media or the arts. Philosophers like Peter Boghossian make the same point as Moz. In this world of woke, values are turned on their head. Diversity = conformity. Inclusion = exclusion. Equity = discrimination.
You two should go head-to-head in a steel cage and end it. We can’t bear another rehash of this discussion.

Getting all your bigotry in one post - well done you.

Mainstream media is on the internet & your favourite issues are part of their output.

The "woke" thing is so old. No one gives a shit.

View attachment 100920

"I heard of Melanie Safka's death with a white-knuckle shiver. Her lyric poetry arrested me at the age of 11, and it made me whatever it is I became. She was one of those now extinct songwriters who encouraged you to see the truth … long before this 2024 … where people are suddenly petrified of opening dialogue. Melanie Safka immediately earned the status of Art, and none more deservedly so. I pray that she went to sleep in peace, and that she can hear my words of deathless gratitude."
MORRISSEY.

🌴🌴🌴"Please, please, please R.i.p. dear Melanie.🌴Molly, Jackson, Zack, Maggy, David, Daisy, Rocco S.D. Park Blvd. Morrissey Crew.🌴🌴🌴

If only he gave us as many sentences about the shows this weekend. All he's said is he is doing YATQ. That's 12 songs. Lets not forget that in the late 90's he would routinely do 14/15 song sets.

Obituaries really are Morrissey’s strong point.
There must be dozens by now.
Someone should put them all together.
I was thinking that, some of his most laugh out loud and poetic and moving words have come from his obituaries.
A Best Of paperback sounds right.
Bit tasteless yes, but id read it.
You could call it 'All those people, all those lives, where are they now?'. .

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom