Dickie Felton YT: "Four Nights In Washington Heights" (October 28)

Screenshot_20231028-224449.png

Website article with gallery:

Four Nights In Washington Heights.

IMG_5762-2-scaled-e1698516838779.jpg

Regards,
FWD.

Related item:

Last edited:
Well done Dickie thank you. But it looks clear from reading all your reviews and watching your media that you’re terrified of saying anything other than Amazing in case it affects your chances of getting on central or interviewing Mr Moz himself. I’m not going to doubt the shows were very good but height of his powers? 🪩

I know that Moz has a lot of younger fans. For the older fans like me, I wonder if others feel the same as I do, where each Moz concert is part of an overall backdrop to our lives. Like part of a painting in progress. My first was 1991 Kill Uncle tour, my second was the Bowie Outside tour, then a wilderness years concert in Glasgow, Quarry twice, Greatest Hits, Ringleader, Refusal, World Peace, Dog On Chain, 40 years. At each one Moz and I have been older (obviously) and it's like checking in on an old friend. What I think I'm saying is it just wouldn't feel right or appropriate to miss a Morrissey concert. It would be like missing an important anniversary or reunion.

I know that Moz has a lot of younger fans. For the older fans like me, I wonder if others feel the same as I do, where each Moz concert is part of an overall backdrop to our lives. Like part of a painting in progress. My first was 1991 Kill Uncle tour, my second was the Bowie Outside tour, then a wilderness years concert in Glasgow, Quarry twice, Greatest Hits, Ringleader, Refusal, World Peace, Dog On Chain, 40 years. At each one Moz and I have been older (obviously) and it's like checking in on an old friend. What I think I'm saying is it just wouldn't feel right or appropriate to miss a Morrissey concert. It would be like missing an important anniversary or reunion.

You summed it up pretty well.

Dickie isn’t very imaginative is he? All he can do is film people blowing smoke up Morrissey’s backside. There is a limit to how much one can take, and for me that wasn’t much long after the K-Roq answerphone message montage, decades ago.

Dickie isn’t very imaginative is he? All he can do is film people blowing smoke up Morrissey’s backside. There is a limit to how much one can take, and for me that wasn’t much long after the K-Roq answerphone message montage, decades ago.
You can write what he’s going to write before he writes it himself. I don’t know why he even bothers, probably his ego that presumes we all want to read is bumbling rubbish. If he wrote something with a bit of balance it wouldn’t be so bad. Height of powers with no deal on the table, poor sales of previous releases and venues never full, how does that work. Strange fella.

You can write what he’s going to write before he writes it himself. I don’t know why he even bothers, probably his ego that presumes we all want to read is bumbling rubbish. If he wrote something with a bit of balance it wouldn’t be so bad. Height of powers with no deal on the table, poor sales of previous releases and venues never full, how does that work. Strange fella.
When Morrissey put it out there for people to vote for For Britain, Dickie was one of those, myself included, who witnessed a line being crossed. However, he soon came scuttling back, as though nothing had occurred. Only, it had.

When Morrissey put it out there for people to vote for For Britain, Dickie was one of those, myself included, who witnessed a line being crossed. However, he soon came scuttling back, as though nothing had occurred. Only, it had.
It’s if the cap fits with Dicky. Maybe he’s associated himself so much with morrissey that he feels it necessary to pretend it’s not happened, even when a line is crossed. If he doesn’t do his biased Moz ramblings, he’ll never escape the doom & gloom of the windswept Mersey

It’s if the cap fits with Dicky. Maybe he’s associated himself so much with morrissey that he feels it necessary to pretend it’s not happened, even when a line is crossed. If he doesn’t do his biased Moz ramblings, he’ll never escape the doom & gloom of the windswept Mersey
He escaped that long ago. Lives up in the Lakes now.

I quite like the fella, to be fair to him. Just thought better of him.
Ah well. He won’t lose any sleep over it, which is fine.

I find it so funny that so many of the "hardcore" had never seen him live before the 2000s. Anyone who tries to lord it over people who saw him in the 80s are simply adorable in their lack of self awareness.

1698850399077.jpeg

great photo, could have been taken at a Smiths show, if one didn’t pay attention to the nose ring, & type of headphones. Lovely.

S’all a game to em. Shitfield, Treens, Mr Handshake K and the rest. They’d knife each other hard and twist. Sad times.
I find it so funny that so many of the "hardcore" had never seen him live before the 2000s. Anyone who tries to lord it over people who saw him in the 80s are simply adorable in their lack of self awareness.

Unfortunately not. I am an older fan in years and now know there were four specific instances in the 80s where I would have had great exposure to the Smiths' music but didn't due to various circumstances. Now concerned in case I have left it too late to go to a concert! (The Smiths performed at my university nine months after I finished).

Back
Top Bottom