Morrissey Central "Discredited." (June 25, 2023)

Morrissey won’t stop speaking his mind to appease anyone. And good for him.
No, it’s not “good for him”! It’s extremely bad for him. He can’t get a record deal, the public opinion of him is at an all time low and each time he speaks his mind the hole he’s been digging for himself gets deeper and deeper. And yes-men and women like you, who goad him on with gusto every time he opens his mouth and tell him that everything he does is great, are complicit in effectively killing off his career. f***ing stop.

have to laugh at the superstar that is rick astley,the guy was an internet meme on youtube for decades,had no musical output,a greatest hits album would be one song in length.wouldnt surprise me if he was headlining glastonbury soon,thats how f..... up the music industry is.

No, it’s not “good for him”! It’s extremely bad for him. He can’t get a record deal, the public opinion of him is at an all time low and each time he speaks his mind the hole he’s been digging for himself gets deeper and deeper. And yes-men and women like you, who goad him on with gusto every time he opens his mouth and tell him that everything he does is great, are complicit in effectively killing off his career. f***ing stop.
God, he hasn’t killed off his career.

Rick is loved by a huge crowd there. And he makes the best out of his past. Not sure about Morrissey?

Rick was more loved than Morrissey in the 80s, but he wouldn’t have been asked to play Glastonbury.

Different times, but I’d prefer Morrissey’s discography to Rick’s any day, any day, any day.

So it’s a non-discussion.

Rick was more loved than Morrissey in the 80s, but he wouldn’t have been asked to play Glastonbury.

Different times, but I’d prefer Morrissey’s discography to Rick’s any day, any day, any day.

thewlis it isnt even a contest,since the 2000s rick has had a 97 chart placing and 127 chart placing in the uk.it really is laughable,hes swanning about glastonbury as if he owns the place.

Agree. You know who else speaks their mind without regard for consequences? Toddlers.

Morrissey needs to think about consequences.

thewlis it isnt even a contest,since the 2000s rick has had a 97 chart placing and 127 chart placing in the uk.it really is laughable,hes swanning about glastonbury as if he owns the place.

Do you ever fact check anything, Rick had a number 1 album in 2016 which went Platinum, Number 6 in 2018 which went silver and number 4 in 2019 and has a new album coming out in October and an arena tour to support it.

View attachment 92334

Reminded me - I saw this shirt when looking at eil. com last week. Moz has said he likes earl grey tea, can't remember which interview, and he flies in business class.
'I'm not flash, I'm not giltzy and I'm not part of the industry. So sometimes I can seem a bit strange' (Larry King interview 2015)

I can't remember him saying he likes Earl Grey, but he did say he drinks Ceylon tea when Victoria Wood interviewed him for that two part programme she did on tea.

As someone who stopped drinking normal tea nearly 18 years ago, and started drinking Earl Grey tea after a council estate punk I hung around with me told me about the greatness of Earl Grey, I really do hope Morrissey enjoys its beauty.

Do you ever fact check anything, Rick had a number 1 album in 2016 which went Platinum, Number 6 in 2018 which went silver and number 4 in 2019 and has a new album coming out in October and an arena tour to support it.
He doesn’t. He only says shit that he thinks will benefit Morrissey. As if respecting Rick is synonymous with disrespecting Moz.

Lol, what do think Morrissey would prefer, no record deal and a theatre tour or a record deal and an arena tour?

He doesn’t. He only says shit that he thinks will benefit Morrissey. As if respecting Rick is synonymous with disrespecting Moz.

It’s odd isn’t it, people like Gordy and Thewlis diss everything that other artists achieve and always try and make out that Morrissey is superior In some way.

It’s odd isn’t it, people like Gordy and Thewlis diss everything that other artists achieve and always try and make out that Morrissey is superior In some way.
Exactly. Very strange. The music world is a big place. There is room for many successful artists. Many of them do happen to be more successful than our Mozzer, and that’s fine. It should be fine.

singles, just you wake every morning and let your eyes wander to the big rick astley poster above your bed.

Agree. You know who else speaks their mind without regard for consequences? Toddlers.

Morrissey needs to think about consequences.
That’s the problem. He doesn’t. Nor do any of his so-called fans. They see him as an infallible God who everyone else should bow down to.

singles, just you wake every morning and let your eyes wander to the big rick astley poster above your bed.

Nope, not that keen on him, you’re very judgemental Gordy and always wrong. My view on life is live and let live, hence, what Rick does is fine with me, you should try it some day and your world would be a brighter place.

Last edited:
Exactly. Very strange. The music world is a big place. There is room for many successful artists. Many of them do happen to be more successful than our Mozzer, and that’s fine. It should be fine.
Many, many more artists happen to be less successful than our Mozzer, and that’s fine too.

Your point being?

For a long while this was the case, however something as mainstream as The Simpsons calling him 'a massive racist' is an indication that this shift has at least partially infected the USA consciousness as well. I expect in places like South America he is still treated as a saint. I'd be interested to know how his reputation is currently elsewhere in Europe.

I can only speak for folks I meet day to day in the UK, and here, his reputation is in the toilet. As a fan, I'm glad he wasn't invited to Glastonbury, either to play a set or guest with The Pretenders, as he likely have been booed off the stage and had bottles of piss thrown at him. It would have been Daphene and Celeste all over again.

Christ. Were Madness on after?

I think all of you are missing the obvious

Because of my poor education... discredited... no longer true... Moz finished an adult education course, He's proud of it and asked Sam to post on Central

Sam being Sam somehow managed to make it as hard to understand as humanly possible - This was the second draft too, the first one was interpretive dance and semaphore.

Back
Top Bottom