Does anybody actually like THPGU?

Lyrically it's not great, but it's quite catchy otherwise...it's one of the few Morrissey songs my mother likes! Morrissey's all about the pop music :)

I've nothing against it. And I like shouting "Ne-ver-be-ing-SOME-ONE's-SWEET-IE!" :thumb:

I guess I'm in the minority but I LOVE it. :D I didn't like it as much at first but it was a complete grower for me.

I quite like it :)

I didn't like it as a single but somehow hearing it on YoR made me love it. It's quite catchy and one the whole family can enjoy.

when I first heard it live on the You Tube, I actually quite liked it.
the accordion part was a nice touch and the chorus melody was strong, and I hadn't made out that lyric.
but the recorded version is dire. the accordion all but disappeared. they put in some ludicrous novelty percussion. the chugging guitar sound is horrible. and that lyric is one of the clumsiest, most dim-witted things in the history of the written word. oh and the Kristeen Young intro is absolutely ghastly. unforgiveable.

Last edited:
I liked it immediately, and was happy it was released as a single. Then I was pleased to see it on Greatest Hits. Then it just became a pisstake when that and AYNIM both appeared on YOR. It just over-did it for me.

Tags
it sucks
Back
Top Bottom