does Morrissey 'like' being called Moz????

hey, where'd you source those quotes?? I'd love to read more..

My memory is a little rusty as I haven't read the sources for a while, but those particular lines stuck out, and I think they are from the letters Morrissey sent to Associates' singer Billy Mackenzie in the early 80's. I can't find the link right now but if someone else can, please post it as they are well worth reading :)

I also seem to remember from the letters, Morrissey writing "Oh, you're a Protestant? How terribly sad". Rather strange..:confused:

My memory is a little rusty as I haven't read the sources for a while, but those particular lines stuck out, and I think they are from the letters Morrissey sent to Associates' singer Billy Mackenzie in the early 80's. I can't find the link right now but if someone else can, please post it as they are well worth reading :)

I also seem to remember from the letters, Morrissey writing "Oh, you're a Protestant? How terribly sad". Rather strange..:confused:
Letters to Billy McKenzie?? :confused: You mean letters to Robert Mackie? This is what he wrote in one of them:

"And please don't call me "Steve"; it reminds me of the Bionic man, to whom I bear little resemblance. It's almost worse than being called "Stephen" which reminds me of someone with a snotty nose. So, please call me "Steven". Am I being unreasonable? Actually, I hate the name Steven, but I won't go into THAT. Rob is a strange name. Is it short for Rabid? "

http://www.torr.org/moz/letters.htm

The reference to Protestantism/Catholicism was humorous, IMO:

"Are you really a protestant? How sad. You'll never know the joys of the church in that case? Wouldn't you just LOVE to kiss the Pope's feet?"

elmoz.jpg

Letters to Billy McKenzie?? :confused: You mean letters to Robert Mackie? This is what he wrote in one of them:

"And please don't call me "Steve"; it reminds me of the Bionic man, to whom I bear little resemblance. It's almost worse than being called "Stephen" which reminds me of someone with a snotty nose. So, please call me "Steven". Am I being unreasonable? Actually, I hate the name Steven, but I won't go into THAT. Rob is a strange name. Is it short for Rabid? "

http://www.torr.org/moz/letters.htm

The reference to Protestantism/Catholicism was humorous, IMO:

"Are you really a protestant? How sad. You'll never know the joys of the church in that case? Wouldn't you just LOVE to kiss the Pope's feet?"

elmoz.jpg

Yes , Robert Mackie then lol. I am getting confused in my old age.. (well....18 :o ) . Sorry for any confusion, and thanks for correcting me nightandday :D

I forget in what context, but Boz definitely has 'MOZ' written on his guitar.

I have to resurrect an old thread. I knew I had this and wanted to post this before, but couldn't find it. The scan of the first of Morrissey's letters to Robert Mackie. :) :D
Thanks, nightandday! I love these letters, and the first one's my favorite - I always imagine Robert's face when he read it the first time, I'm sure it was very different from the other letters he got :) .

Erm ... what's with all the Steve bashers here????:eek:

Seriously though, I've always thought that in interviews Morrissey is happy enough with Moz & Mozzer. He said he doesn't like to be called Stephen because it reminds him of when he was younger, and that wasn't a very happy time for him. And yes, when Jonathan Ross asked what was on his passport he smiled & said "Mozzer".

Also at Birmingham NIA on Thursday he sang "Pasolini is HIM!" points to backdrop picture
pasolini%20testaccio.jpg
"Mozzolini is ME!" points to himself. He seems to have lightened up considerably & seems much more content with himself.

Back
Top Bottom