How old IS too old?

If you've never married or it's been a long time since an engagement, do you ever find yourself looking at the clock of time realizing something has to change.

Say, you feel you're a GOOD catch: you're educated, have a career, are healthy, are sane/not-crazy, have a good family background & are nice to everyone.

However....
How old IS too old to say, "it's just NOT going to happen"?

What is a "good" age range to just "throw in the towel" after you've exhausted many options & to realize that, you have to move-on?

Do you believe there a pre-destined determination of existence in that, some people on this Earth maybe, aren't meant to be partnered up/loved/married/have kids?

Oppositely,What if you believe in a religion that there IS. How does one explain that there isn't a person in that person's life then, even w/ constant prayer & hope.

So, seriously speaking...how old is TOO old to just "give-it-up"?

Like Morrissey's "Unloveable" goes....

Girl that is what your hand is for.

If I ever start my own "farewell cruel forum" thread, and then one day return
repeating the same ol' stuff that....
oh, never mind....

If you do that I'll feel free to bitchslap you. :boxing:

Mozzy1,what you need to do is get really,really drunk and start a fight with someone.Anyone.Could be a co-worker,your next door neighbour,anyone at all.Beat the shit out of them,spit on them if you have to just get this out of your system.If that doesn't work you can purchase a revolver and head for the nearest clock tower.You will feel so much better.:)

If you've never married or it's been a long time since an engagement, do you ever find yourself looking at the clock of time realizing something has to change.

Say, you feel you're a GOOD catch: you're educated, have a career, are healthy, are sane/not-crazy, have a good family background & are nice to everyone.

However....

What is a "good" age range to just "throw in the towel" after you've exhausted many options & to realize that, you have to move-on?

Do you believe there a pre-destined determination of existence in that, some people on this Earth maybe, aren't meant to be partnered up/loved/married/have kids?

Oppositely,What if you believe in a religion that there IS. How does one explain that there isn't a person in that person's life then, even w/ constant prayer & hope.

Never too old Mozzy1.

However....

Yo Mozzy,
Do you meet many people in your day-to-day life? I was single for many years but then joined a local sports club and suddenly found myself getting bombarded with requests for dates from the club spinsters!
I hadn't changed but I was just suddenly in an environment where it was very easy to meet tons of single people...

Yo Maurice E.

I go out every weekend. Mostly to local gigs, shopping, movies, parks, etc. I don't go to clubs & bars though. Did that "scene" in college & it is not for me. I don't fit-in at those places b/c I'm a nerd, bookish, shy, reserved, geeky, f'ugly, quiet & like my music/travelling/other freakish things. Plus, I rather spend my money at B & N or a gig (like at the Sellersville/Keswick/Troc,etc.) than on tons of drinks, trying to be someone I'm not to someone who couldn't give a rats smelly arse about me. Oh well. Some are partiers in this life, some aren't. I've accepted it. Ciao.

Thanks for the suggestions though & good luck at your places you like to go to.

You sound really judgemental, and very hard on yourself. Don't forget, MOST people are insecure. What seems like indifference might be shyness.

Why am I bothering? Renee Remains The Same.

Yo Maurice E.

I go out every weekend. Mostly to local gigs, shopping, movies, parks, etc. I don't go to clubs & bars though. Did that "scene" in college & it is not for me. I don't fit-in at those places b/c I'm a nerd, bookish, shy, reserved, geeky, f'ugly, quiet & like my music/travelling/other freakish things. Plus, I rather spend my money at B & N or a gig (like at the Sellersville/Keswick/Troc,etc.) than on tons of drinks, trying to be someone I'm not to someone who couldn't give a rats smelly arse about me. Oh well. Some are partiers in this life, some aren't. I've accepted it. Ciao.

Thanks for the suggestions though & good luck at your places you like to go to.

Clearly though, you haven't accepted anything, because you ignore all the advice that people here have given over the years, and just carry on as before. I remember many threads in which you described yourself as 'fugly' and talked about your low self-esteem because of your appearance etc, but I would bet £500 that you haven't done any of the things people suggested to help boost your confidence (makeup, weight loss, hairdo etc). The same goes for relationships. The people here can't write you a foolproof guide to getting the perfect man, or else how would so many of us still be single?

You are looking for advice in the wrong circles, and when you get it you don't heed it. I really think you should see a counsellor, Mozzy1.

I think you are too old and on the shelf the minute you start analysing if your'e too old in finite detail. Maybe its a touchy feely American thing (I'm presuming Mozzy1 you are American).But we Brits like to have a stiff upper lip and not discuss or worry about such tedious stuff.(or at least I do:rolleyes:)

I mentally switch off when peoples start going into depth about such crap stuff.

The truth is it makes you appear needy and that's a real turn off.

Just chill and if it happens it will.And if it doesn't there's plenty of other meaningful things to do with your life.

SIDE NOTE: Has anyone met someone at a sporting event? I go to ice hockey games & American football games quite a bit & was just asking people here now, right out, if you've met someone at a game?

Why do you keep asking whether other people meet people doing various activities? Obviously you've tried those activities & haven't met anyone, so what difference does it make whether anyone else has? The problem is you.

... The same goes for relationships. The people here can't write you a foolproof guide to getting the perfect man, or else how would so many of us still be single?

I'm the perfact man... anyone want me? :confused: :D

... Just chill and if it happens it will.And if it doesn't there's plenty of other meaningful things to do with your life.

:thumb:

Why do you keep asking whether other people meet people doing various activities? Obviously you've tried those activities & haven't met anyone, so what difference does it make whether anyone else has? The problem is you.

A bit harsh :squiffy: I always tended to adopt the attitude that it was everyone else. That way even if I WAS wrong at least I could feel smug! :cool:

I actually know a man who is The Perfect Man.

He is truly perfect in every conceivable way.Its quite scary.Maybe he's a cyborg or something like that.

He is truly perfect in every conceivable way.Its quite scary.Maybe he's a cyborg or something like that.

Haha, grab him and marry him quick?

Or...let me guess.....he's

a) already married
b) gay
c) a male relative

or

d) all of the above? :p

a) already married
b) gay
c) a male relative

or

d, its defo d
given one must remember that no woman wants "a perfect man" really maybe :confused:
for then there is nothing for them to fix :blushing:

a) already married
b) gay
c) a male relative

or

(e) Morrissey?

a) already married
b) gay
c) a male relative

or

Lol:lbf:

He's married ofcourse!

He's handsome,tall,kind,funny,witty,good with kids,loves animals,is sporty and generous by nature.

I'm sure his wife could find some fault.The bitch.

Tags
age ep is pretty awesome ep loves herself fat female troubles his is wise i love epbabe mozzy = fat virgin shut up mozzy1 too old too young who doesnt lub epbabe?
Back
Top Bottom